• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Competition Electronics chrony - any good?

Re: Competition Electronics chrony - any good?

I have one and like it. Can be sensitive to changes in light conditions though. Great rig for the money.

John

Mine puked out A LOT of duplicate readings. I don't trust it. It knows this, and is very nervous during velocity testing. . . .

Mine puked out A LOT of duplicate readings. I don't trust it. It knows this, and is very nervous during velocity testing. . . .
laugh.gif

What you don't trust your reloading skills?
Mine must be close as the BC program is dead on using velocities from it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AlcoholicusRex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine puked out A LOT of duplicate readings. I don't trust it. It knows this, and is very nervous during velocity testing. . . .</div></div>

I also get "DUP"ped more than I would like with mine.
Although it is an inexpensive option.

I set mine at about 15 ft from the muzzle. What do you guys use?

Mine only works good when there is plenty of sun,as soon as an overcast appears,or just not much sun,it sends alot of goofy #'s.Sometimes it keeps reading the same number like stated above.As long as I have plenty of sun,and fresh batteries,it seems to work fine.

15 ft. always seemed ok till I used a suppressor, got some really funky readings, so moved back to 30 ft. and everything settled down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KQguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine only works good when there is plenty of sun,as soon as an overcast appears,or just not much sun,it sends alot of goofy #'s.Sometimes it keeps reading the same number like stated above.As long as I have plenty of sun,and fresh batteries,it seems to work fine. </div></div>Ditto on that. It gets funky if there's no direct sunlight

I bought the same one about a year ago. Had problems with it though. Errors, velocity variances that didn't make sense, ES and SD #'s that were way too high for my known load, etc. I changed the battery, and tried different techniques to get good light/ little light, etc. I took it back to the manufacturer who happens to be here in town, and they gave me a brand new unit. The new one has worked flawlessly. Seems decent for the money??