• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Complete 223 Wylde Rifle: Ashbury Precision or Masterpiece Arms

pnorris

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2012
I am looking at two rifles. Both fall at about the same price point. The features and accuracy guarantees are similar. Each has some pluses and minuses. For APO, I am looking at their Snipershide version in 223 Wylde. For MPA, I am looking that their 223 Wylde Version. Both are about $3,200 or change. What are your thoughts. This will be a bench rest, prone shooting rifle primarily. I don't plan to compete with it and it will be for recreational purposes. I just love accurate and well made rifles and these seem to fit the bill with the 223 wylde chamber.

Anyone with some input? Leaning towards the MPA. Good choice?

I've got an MPA in 338LM. Out of the box, it shot as advertised, .5 MOA. After the action was bedded, it shot .3 MOA. The folks at MPA are great people.

I don't think I'd be willing to invest $3K in a 223, but that's a personal choice. I have been tempted by the Ruger RPR in 223 ever since a guy I know got one and loaded high BC projectiles for it. His is a great shooter and he's done very well with it out to 1K yards.

Both great choices. I would go MPA. Love the chassis, 60 degree bolt throw and the action accepts prefits for easy future barrel changes.

Not sure which exact configuration you are looking at, but with MPA if you order through a dealer you can save a bit from MSRP.

Actually, you add that $1400 on top of the $1900. The rifle then costs $3300

I saw the rifle configurator it, definatly didnt notice the 223rem was that much on topof the base model 308win and 6.5creed. For those prices you can buy into an AIAT.

Funny how people want to spend less on the gun they're going to shoot the most.

Through the dealers I can get the MPA for substantially less than the MSRP. I always believe the motto cry once buy once.

I’ll change it up...

bighorn Origin, MPA Chassis, trigger tech special.

then hit up one of the many smiths making prefits and get yourself a barrel. Still under your price tag and when you want to shoot something other than 223, buy a standard or magnum bolt head and smile.

keep in mind, you could also do this with the MPA as they use the Curtis Axiom, however the axiom bolt is twice the price for swap, compared to bighorn.

#options

Last edited: