• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Complete Chassis Reference Guide!pics,prices,links

Swift

Chief Bagel Technician
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2010
Cleveland, OH
It's no secret that chassis systems are gaining popularity and there are a number of good offerings on the market so in an effort to mitigate all the "What stock for my Remington 700 sps tactical?" threads that constantly pop up, I've compiled a list of every bolt-in-and-go chassis option that I could find with photos, links to the manufacturer, and prices. Hopefully this makes everyone's life easier and remove some redundant clutter from the forum.

I tried to stick to the mfrs websites for photos but had to go to Google to get a profile of some of these systems so if I've used your photo and you would like me to remove it, let me know and I'll use another.

I'll keep my ear to the ground and update this thread periodically with any new products and/or changes.

All systems below will fit the Remington 700 action and many of these chassis are inletted for other actions as well. I'll come back later and update the available inlets for each but it's Friday and I've been drinking so I wanted to get this list up.

Thanks for taking the time to check this out and please notify me of any errors or mistakes and I'll get to correcting them. I want this to be as comprehensive and accurate as possible.

MDT Tac 21
2n23d3b.jpg

http://mdttac.com/products/tac21/
MSRP: $686

McRee Precision
o8ffrt.jpg

http://www.mcreesprecision.net/rifle_stocks.html
MSRP: $700(fixed) $750(folder)

XLR Evolution
w6y5ah.jpg

http://www.xlrindustries.com/evolution.html
MSRP: $750(base)

Kinetic Research Group Whiskey 3
2cerv3o.jpg

http://www.kineticresearchgroup.com/products/w3c.php
MSRP: $890(fixed) $1260(folder)

Drake & Associates Cadex Strike series
11jw0h5.jpg

http://www.drakeassociates.us/content/strike30
MSRP: $2500

Ashbury Precision Ordnance Saber-Forsst
2l945za.jpg

http://www.ashburyprecisionordnance.com/the-saber-forsst-modular-rifle-chassis-system/
MSRP: Mod 0 ~$1600 Mod 1 ~$2500
NOTE: Chassis pictured is not a 700 action

Manners Composite Stocks with Badger Ordnance mini chassis
ou0en5.jpg

dx09kg.jpg

http://mannersstocks.com/
MSRP: Starts at ~$900
Folding versions of many popular Manners stocks are also available. This is the only "traditional" style stock on the list but uses a CNC machined, epoxied-in aluminum block with integral DBM that provides the same bedding-free torque-and-go design(as shown in the 2nd photo)

Accuracy International AICS and AIAX
14p3jk.jpg

2rh8ghx.jpg

http://www.accuracyinternational.com/aics_kits.php
Retail Price: AICS 1.5 ~$850 2.0 ~$1100 AX ~$1400
NOTE: Weapon pictured is an AI AE but wears the same chassis

Re: Ultimate chassis reference guide! pics,price,links

Roedale Precision Raptor 8 and RCS II (respectively)
v2qmwk.jpg

6dsw76.jpg

http://www.webshop.roedale.de/
Price: Raptor 8 ~$940, RCS II ~$773(Viperskins are standard, pricing subject to exchange rate)

Competition Machine Eliseo RTM kit
oszehe.jpg

http://www.gotxring.com/tactical/
Retail Price: $1020

Eberlestock M11 Stealth
33bz3ft.jpg

http://www.eberlestock.com/M11 Stealth Rifle Chassis.htm
Retail Price: $1,895

JP Enterprises AMCS
fdrm9h.jpg

http://www.jprifles.com/1.2.6.1_AMCS.php
Retail Price: $1099(price includes (2) ten round mags)

TACMOD Sniper Chassis System
1y72x1.png

http://tacmodstock.com/
Retail Price: ~$1400

J Allen Enterprises JAE 700
2nbejia.jpg

http://www.jallenenterprises.com/jae700_overview.htm
Retail Price: $799(base)

Rock Solid Industries
352rk7r.jpg

I'm not sure who stocks these and I couldn't find a website; maybe one of you can help out here.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rock-Solid-Stocks/141657702616844
Retail Price: $750

PDC Custom
2sageg7.jpg

http://www.pdccustom.com/shop/detachable-mag-chassis
Retail Price: detachable mag chassis starting at $675, Extreme long range chassis starting at $775

MDT LSS Chassis System
http://mdttac.com/lss-chassis-remington-700.html
CA$399.00

• Weight: 1.6lb
  • Designed for AR-15 collapsible butt-stocks. (except UBR)
  • chassis-right-small.jpg

Last edited:

Edit.

Great idea.
Bit of Legwork done for you.
XLR does a ton so didn't list them all. Same with some of the Remington 700 footprint actions. Like i'm gonna list them all.

<span style="font-weight: bold">MDT Tac21</span>
R700 LA & SA, Lefty.

<span style="font-weight: bold">McRee Precision</span>
R700 LA & SA, Lefty
FN PBR/SPR
GAP Templar

<span style="font-weight: bold">XLR Evolution</span>
Too many to list. See Link for avail.

<span style="font-weight: bold">KRG W3</span>
R700
Tikka T3
+ Folding Stock clone for TRG’s.
No LH Available
Other actions in the pipeline (Badger, Sako)

<span style="font-weight: bold">Saber Forsst</span>
HS Precision Pro 2000 LA
McMillan G30 SA LA .50
M700 SA LA
TRG42
Sav110
+ More in pipeline

<span style="font-weight: bold">Manners</span>
R700 SA LA
Winchester SuperShort, Short/FN, Long
Howa 1500 LA SA
Savage SA LA
Tikka T3
Sako Quad

Thanks for the hard work. I wish I had seen before I spent 2-3 weeks looking all this up. I never found the JAllen. Good stuff.

I bought the XLR. Just got it yesterday. It looks great. My only issue is having to cut off the scope rail to not extend past the action. I think this should be the first major change in their design. It may not seem like a big deal to some but I don't have a good way to cut it......without it looking like shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cold-bore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the hard work. I wish I had seen before I spent 2-3 weeks looking all this up. I never found the JAllen. Good stuff.

I bought the XLR. Just got it yesterday. It looks great. My only issue is having to cut off the scope rail to not extend past the action. I think this should be the first major change in their design. It may not seem like a big deal to some but I don't have a good way to cut it......without it looking like shit. </div></div>

Send it to XLR, they will cut it for free, and it will be cut and refinished with the same quality and care that goes into their stocks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ddavis</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cold-bore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the hard work. I wish I had seen before I spent 2-3 weeks looking all this up. I never found the JAllen. Good stuff.

I bought the XLR. Just got it yesterday. It looks great. My only issue is having to cut off the scope rail to not extend past the action. I think this should be the first major change in their design. It may not seem like a big deal to some but I don't have a good way to cut it......without it looking like shit. </div></div>

Send it to XLR, they will cut it for free, and it will be cut and refinished with the same quality and care that goes into their stocks. </div></div>

i'm about to order a xlr for my rem xcr tactical, i have a nightforce unimount with intergrated rings is that going to fit?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cold-bore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the hard work. I wish I had seen before I spent 2-3 weeks looking all this up. I never found the JAllen. Good stuff.

I cut both of mine with a hacksaw. The slots in the rail provide a nice fence to keep the cut straight. A few passes with a file and I don't think anyone could tell it from factory from a foot away.

Great work. FYI: the JP chassis includes two ten(10) round mags

H/S prec. and choate makes v block bed free stocks too right. My only 2 factory bolt guns have one each on them. They don't seem quite as repeatable but is made none the less

If you want something that's pounds lighter you should check out Alpine Gunworks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lcc2013</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you want something that's pounds lighter you should check out Alpine Gunworks.
</div></div>

Wow, that Alpine stock is pretty slick and only 2.5 pounds. The QD buttstock is interesting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Remoah</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Edit.

<span style="font-weight: bold">KRG W3</span>
R700
Tikka T3
+ Folding Stock clone for TRG&#146;s.
No LH Available
Other actions in the pipeline (Badger, Sako)

</div></div>

The Badger M2008 version is a reality!! I recieved mine a couple weeks ago, and I should have some pics up soon. Same excellent design, ergos, and everything expected from Kinetic Research Group.

If a chassis is something you are considering, seriously take a look at the W3, this is my 2nd and I am looking at a 3rd and a 4th.

There are like 5 of them in our area, and everyone that climbs on them typically buys one. Heck I even know a guy thinking about selling his Terry Cross Sentinel to get one of these Whiskey 3 chassis.

*disclaimber before I get my ass chewed on-I like the Terry Cross Sentinel, but I really really like the KRG Whiskey 3.

The Manners T5 non adjustable is 2.7 lbs. When you get it with 90% carbon fiber fill it cancels out the weight of the Badger Ordnance Mini Chassis System. So, you end up with a 2.7 pound chassis based stock that is not hard metal to beat around and make noise which is very important if you plan on doing a lot of hunting with your chassis system based gun. For any scope you put on it, the most you will you need is a stock pack and some foam.

I have one and for what I built this gun to do, wouldn't change a thing.

T5Rem700G2DMR001.jpg

T5Rem700G2DMR004.jpg

T5Rem700G2DMR-resize3.jpg

T5Rem700G2DMR010.jpg

If a lot of your build's use will go to hunting, I say get the more traditional stock that can also be had with a chassis. If it's strictly tactical, weight and potential noise is not an issue, it's mostly for prone or bench and or competition, steel or paper target then go with an AX folder, which is also a badass chassis platform.

The AICS is not a bad mix of the two, especially with some Viperskins. Would not mind having that setup either. The XLR is nice too but it is just so far away from what I use most of my guns for. If I had more money to play with I would check them all out though

A Manner's folder would be welcome in my house, even with the added weight. It would be nice to tuck a 16" barreled bolt action under a truck seat or stuff it into a backpack.

Of course, as with all of what you read here... YMMV.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lcc2013</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
sweetassgun2.jpg
</div></div>

hmmmm...wonder where they came up with that butt stock design...The cheek rest design also looks eerily familiar. Gotta love people that are original.

I saw that in the video and thought the exact same thing.

Wow, when I scanned through the pictures I thought it was one of yours. Thats jacked up to say the least. I figured someone had bought one of your stocks and screwed it on that rifle

I know huh? I like your products Kyle, they are bad ass, and I respect you, but I like the simplicity of this design. Its very adjustable and doesn't have the weight penalty that most chassis systems have. Its nice to not have to haul any extra weight than what is necessary. That's always been my grief about these chassis systems. After doing numerous ironmans, ultramarathons and other endurance events and to see what those industries do to shave weight has me wanting something more. Just my 2 cents.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lcc2013</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
sweetassgun2.jpg
</div></div>

hmmmm...wonder where they came up with that butt stock design...The cheek rest design also looks eerily familiar. Gotta love people that are original. </div></div>

No problem with wanting to save weight but don't steal other peoples design. Quit being lazy and come up with something original. Just my 2 cents.

BTW, I would be willing to bet that our Carbon chassis is just as light if not lighter than that chassis with a cheap POS M4 stock.

Looks like Alpine isn't the only company biting XLR designs. Apparently Force did it too

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2_many_dogs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Alpine Gunworks: This is a new system. The emphasis for this modular stock appears to be light weight - lots of carbon fiber brings the weight down to 2.5 pounds (short action, fixed stock model). the system consists of two pieces, the chassis and the buttstock. the system can be ordered with either a fixed or quick detachable buttstock (hard mounts to the side of the chassis when not attached in the firing position http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-8CzX804lM). costs $700 for short actions and $725 for long: remington 700 SA/LA and clones, savage short action (4.410") and savage long action. fixed stock is $270, detachable is $370. www.alpinegunworks.com
alpinegw.jpg

Force: just found this one while surfing. for remington 700 SA/LA (web site says both that the SA is available now and available soon, so i think it needs some updating). smooth sided and with rails included. according to the description, the chassis comes with hardware so you can install an AR-type buttstock. $840. http://www.forceproduction.com/DemonForce/Demon_Force.html
forcepro.png
</div></div>

Here is the other Chassis thread this cam from.

Chassis list < Link

I'm assuming XLR did it first but here is another

Tacmod
1y72x1.png

Actually their chassis is under 2.5 lbs for the rem 700 and that's with the qd butt stock not some AR-15 butt stock. Isn't your carbon chassis 3.75 lbs? Then if you want to reduce the overall length of the xlr you have to buy another part that's about another 1/2 lb. Isn't that right?

tag for future reference.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No problem with wanting to save weight but don't steal other peoples design. Quit being lazy and come up with something original. Just my 2 cents.

BTW, I would be willing to bet that our Carbon chassis is just as light if not lighter than that chassis with a cheap POS M4 stock. </div></div>

You're right the xlr and the alpine butt stock are similar. They both are designed to accomplish what they need to and both companies appear to have taken a similar approach. Same thing can be said for lots of the other chassis designs out there. After personally seeing an Alpine Chassis and an XLR. I can tell you that there are some very innovative features on the alpine chassis that are very unique and original. I have to give my nod to the Alpine design, no offense thats just my opinion after seeing both designs. Plus I'll take a 12 lb rifle over a 14 lb one any day of the week.

great reference thread,.

but you got the prices wrong on ours.

All non EU customers recieve tax free pricing, that is they do not have to pay the national 19% MwSt ( value added tax) on our products. Customers registered with us from outside the EU should see the tax free export pricing automaticaly when logged in to our webshop.

The Raptor 1 ( the basic version - which can be easily upgraded at a later date ) costs 750€ tax paid inside the EU. Export it costs 630,25€

The Raptor 8 costs 915€ tax paid inside the EU. Export it is 768,91€ which is around $943

The difference between the Raptor 1 and Raptor 8 is simply the front section of the stock.
The Raptor 1 is a basic gurder type front end, it has attachment points for an NVG bridge and or picatinny rails for accessories and accepts a Versapod type spigot in the very front.
The Raptor 8 is an octagonal tube forend with miltiple accessory attachment points.

The mid sections ( which forms the action bedding, mag system and pistolgrip interface) are exactly the same on both models.

The rear ends / buttstocks are interchangable come in several models ( or will shortly)

Currently the Raptor is available for the Remington 700 and clones as well as our Avenger II action, ( which is basicaly a Remington clone, but has no cut for a top safety on the trigger) The Avenger II version of the Raptor is not machined to accept a safety fitted to a remington trigger as our Avenger actions employ a winchester type 3pos safety. The Remington version is machined to accept standard factory remington triggers, so will accept most after market triggers aswell.
A Tikka T3 version, as well as others will be comming along as soon as we can.

The RCS II costs the same as the Raptor 1. 750€ tax paid, 630,25€ tax free. which is about $774

The RCSII uses Victor Company Viperskins, but is also compatable with older and newer model AICS skins.
Models available are Howa 1500, Remington 700 and Tikka T3. (Left handed is also available for Rem 700 and T3) The long promised long cal ( 6.5x55 to .338winmag) version will soon be available (sorry to keep you guys waiting) as will other models

To work out the tax free price from the tax paid price you divide the tax paid price by 1.19

e.g. 750€ tax paid / 1.19 = 630,25€ and currently 1 € is about $1.22

rgds Pete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">great reference thread,.

but you got the prices wrong on ours.

All non EU customers recieve tax free pricing, that is they do not have to pay the national 19% MwSt ( value added tax) on our products. Customers registered with us from outside the EU should see the tax free export pricing automaticaly when logged in to our webshop.

The Raptor 1 ( the basic version - which can be easily upgraded at a later date ) costs 750€ tax paid inside the EU. Export it costs 630,25€

The Raptor 8 costs 915€ tax paid inside the EU. Export it is 768,91€ which is around $943

The difference between the Raptor 1 and Raptor 8 is simply the front section of the stock.
The Raptor 1 is a basic gurder type front end, it has attachment points for an NVG bridge and or picatinny rails for accessories and accepts a Versapod type spigot in the very front.
The Raptor 8 is an octagonal tube forend with miltiple accessory attachment points.

The mid sections ( which forms the action bedding, mag system and pistolgrip interface) are exactly the same on both models.

The rear ends / buttstocks are interchangable come in several models ( or will shortly)

Currently the Raptor is available for the Remington 700 and clones as well as our Avenger II action, ( which is basicaly a Remington clone, but has no cut for a top safety on the trigger) The Avenger II version of the Raptor is not machined to accept a safety fitted to a remington trigger as our Avenger actions employ a winchester type 3pos safety. The Remington version is machined to accept standard factory remington triggers, so will accept most after market triggers aswell.
A Tikka T3 version, as well as others will be comming along as soon as we can.

The RCS II costs the same as the Raptor 1. 750€ tax paid, 630,25€ tax free. which is about $774

The RCSII uses Victor Company Viperskins, but is also compatable with older and newer model AICS skins.
Models available are Howa 1500, Remington 700 and Tikka T3. (Left handed is also available for Rem 700 and T3) The long promised long cal ( 6.5x55 to .338winmag) version will soon be available (sorry to keep you guys waiting) as will other models

To work out the tax free price from the tax paid price you divide the tax paid price by 1.19

e.g. 750€ tax paid / 1.19 = 630,25€ and currently 1 € is about $1.22

rgds Pete </div></div>

My apologies, Pete. I just punched your numbers into a currency converter. OP is updated to reflect proper prices. If you fellas find any other errors be sure to let me know.

Sorry, Your right on the weight. I misread their web site last night.

I still hold to the fact that stealing is wrong. Their butt stock is such a direct rip off of mine that I would be hesitant as to what else the company is willing to steal.

Obviously you saw our stock along with theirs because how else could you get such a direct copy of my design.

I’m sorry you feel like they stole something from you. Just stepping back and looking at the two designs you have to go from a tube to a ramped area so you have some vertical adjustment when shooting prone. Not too many ways to get there really. I don’t think it’s really important if their butt stock has a similar design or not it’s more about its function. That goes for the rest of the chassis as well. I think they simply wanted something better than what was out on the market so they made it happen. That’s what I gathered from talking with the guy anyways.

no bother on the pricing, just wanted to make sure you guys could appreciate how competetive our pricing is.

With regards to copying products. Some would say I copied the AICS with our RCS I.
All I can say to that is that I approached AI on several occasions trying to get them to manufacture it for me, they had no interest, didnt see a market and when i asked if they minded if i made a stock for the Howa action, they said go ahead.

With the RCS II we've improved the design greatly, achieving a far more adaptable stock that can be altered to user requirements and up or down grade as the case may be.

The Raptor is my original design, I made the mistake of showing it at the IWA in prototype form before we where in a possition to produce it in numbers and its been copied by several large EU manufacturers.

We've had several other of our original products copied, but what the heck can you do about it. Best thing is to see it as the most sincere form of flattery. further develope and stay out in front, of course healthy financial backing helps greatly inn that department, which isn't always an easy thing to aquire.

Pete

My issue with Alpine is the obvious company affiliation of the poster pushing the product. Its always someone with very low post count and all posts are about Alpine. This isn't the only forum its being done on.

Well I admire a good design when I see one, and this product addressed most of my issues I had with chassis systems, so I've become pretty excited about it. I am planning on purchasing one and I’ve been curious to hear feedback before doing so. I guess its time to give it a break...my appologies.

screw this thread, gonna cost me to much money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like Alpine isn't the only company biting XLR designs. Apparently Force did it too

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2_many_dogs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Alpine Gunworks: This is a new system. The emphasis for this modular stock appears to be light weight - lots of carbon fiber brings the weight down to 2.5 pounds (short action, fixed stock model). the system consists of two pieces, the chassis and the buttstock. the system can be ordered with either a fixed or quick detachable buttstock (hard mounts to the side of the chassis when not attached in the firing position http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-8CzX804lM). costs $700 for short actions and $725 for long: remington 700 SA/LA and clones, savage short action (4.410") and savage long action. fixed stock is $270, detachable is $370. www.alpinegunworks.com
alpinegw.jpg

Force: just found this one while surfing. for remington 700 SA/LA (web site says both that the SA is available now and available soon, so i think it needs some updating). smooth sided and with rails included. according to the description, the chassis comes with hardware so you can install an AR-type buttstock. $840. http://www.forceproduction.com/DemonForce/Demon_Force.html
forcepro.png
</div></div>

Here is the other Chassis thread this cam from.

Chassis list < Link

I'm assuming XLR did it first but here is another

Tacmod
1y72x1.png
</div></div>
As far as I know, the TacMod stock was out before the XLR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no bother on the pricing, just wanted to make sure you guys could appreciate how competetive our pricing is.

With regards to copying products. Some would say I copied the AICS with our RCS I.
All I can say to that is that I approached AI on several occasions trying to get them to manufacture it for me, they had no interest, didnt see a market and when i asked if they minded if i made a stock for the Howa action, they said go ahead.

With the RCS II we've improved the design greatly, achieving a far more adaptable stock that can be altered to user requirements and up or down grade as the case may be.

The Raptor is my original design, I made the mistake of showing it at the IWA in prototype form before we where in a possition to produce it in numbers and its been copied by several large EU manufacturers.

We've had several other of our original products copied, but what the heck can you do about it. Best thing is to see it as the most sincere form of flattery. further develope and stay out in front, of course healthy financial backing helps greatly inn that department, which isn't always an easy thing to aquire.

Pete </div></div>

As I was retyping my post I kept thinking "man, did I fudge some math or are his prices really good?" What's the process of importing one of your products?

That's a nice rifle and a good point, but after taking plenty of game with a compound bow at close range (and rather far for that matter... 70+ yards) that is made from the same aluminum material, I would have to disagree. I think I can get used to an aluminum rifle chassis... especially since it gets rid of all the hassles with a composite stock. Thats just my take on it though after working with the composites out there. Fitting the bottom metal and all that is kind of a pain in my opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Manners T5 non adjustable is 2.7 lbs. When you get it with 90% carbon fiber fill it cancels out the weight of the Badger Ordnance Mini Chassis System. So, you end up with a 2.7 pound chassis based stock that is not hard metal to beat around and make noise which is very important if you plan on doing a lot of hunting with your chassis system based gun. For any scope you put on it, the most you will you need is a stock pack and some foam.

I have one and for what I built this gun to do, wouldn't change a thing.

T5Rem700G2DMR001.jpg

T5Rem700G2DMR004.jpg

T5Rem700G2DMR-resize3.jpg

T5Rem700G2DMR010.jpg

If a lot of your build's use will go to hunting, I say get the more traditional stock that can also be had with a chassis. If it's strictly tactical, weight and potential noise is not an issue, it's mostly for prone or bench and or competition, steel or paper target then go with an AX folder, which is also a badass chassis platform.

The AICS is not a bad mix of the two, especially with some Viperskins. Would not mind having that setup either. The XLR is nice too but it is just so far away from what I use most of my guns for. If I had more money to play with I would check them all out though

A Manner's folder would be welcome in my house, even with the added weight. It would be nice to tuck a 16" barreled bolt action under a truck seat or stuff it into a backpack.

Of course, as with all of what you read here... YMMV. </div></div>

I really like that brake you have. Can I ask where you got that thread protector?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lcc2013</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a nice rifle and a good point, but after taking plenty of game with a compound bow at close range (and rather far for that matter... 70+ yards) that is made from the same aluminum material, I would have to disagree. I think I can get used to an aluminum rifle chassis... especially since it gets rid of all the hassles with a composite stock. Thats just my take on it though after working with the composites out there. Fitting the bottom metal and all that is kind of a pain in my opinion.
</div></div>

The Badger mini chassis comes installed in the stock and accepts AI patterned mags. No fitting required. No hassles. I bow hunt also, the way you hold a bow makes it a little easier to keep quiet since the aluminum riser is in your hand or hanging vertically from an easy hanger. You also are usually in a ground blind or a lock on without the shooting rail or other metal obstructions in your way like there can be when rifle hunting from a box stand, ladder or climber. I'm sure plenty of people hunt with aluminum chassis rifles but for me, if it can go wrong during a hunt, it will. I hate making any noise while I'm hunting, especially that metal ping. If you are hunting off of sticks, a tripod or prone off of bags/bipod then there isn't a whole lot of other metal to beat around on and it wouldn't matter. I hunt in climbers, lock ons, boxes and ladders in addition to prone and with sticks/tripod so I like the composite stock. Everyone uses theirs differently, that's just me

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lcc2013</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really like that brake you have. Can I ask where you got that thread protector? </div></div>

Not sure who you are asking but if it's about this one

T5Rem700G2DMR010.jpg

It was done by Accurate Ordnance in Winder, Ga. You can contact Hide member/vendor BookHound on here. His name is Mark and is a good guy to deal with.

The brake is a Primary Weapons Systems PRC. They are mostly used on semi's but I already had it when I dropped off the rifle at AO so asked him to index the barrel for it instead of spending more money for something else

T5Rem700G2DMR001.jpg

Re: Complete Chassis Reference Guide!pics,prices,links

check out this bitch, anybody have an idea what it is?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: I Am Banned</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I admire a good design when I see one, and this product addressed most of my issues I had with chassis systems, so I've become pretty excited about it. I am planning on purchasing one and I’ve been curious to hear feedback before doing so. I guess its time to give it a break...my appologies. </div></div>

FWIW, this guy was a troll, and is the actual manufacturer of the product he's shilling. He's lying about who he was and pretty much everything else. In the unlikely event anyone's considering doing business with Alpine Gunworks, you may want to check out thread:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3435388#Post3435388

Jake.

thats a prototype Roedale Raptor chassis system and a prototype Roedale Avenger II action. The whole package is a prototype Roedale 110 Raptor sniper rifle.

We exhibited it at the IWA in 2010 and 2011

Brennan. simple.. just order what you need. we apply for an export permit, run it all by customs and ship it out. Dont need any paperwork from your side at all.

rgds Pete

It would behoove anyone checking out chassis systems to check out Rock Solid. Here's my $.02:

I have been shooting for a couple days, and I evolved from shooting McMillan A series stocks, through to Manners T series stocks. I've fielded AICS chassis systems and the McRee stock in my search for what fits dynamic shooting the best.

I admit that when the Rock Solid first hit the field it did nothing for me aesthetically, and I was not inclined to try one out at all. Fast forward to a recent TPRC match here in AZ and I was talking with a shooter that was running one. I asked if I could play with it a bit and immediately felt how well thought out the stock was. Being that I have become emotionally detached from my gear I am now always looking for what will help me perform my best, I became very interested.

This spring I was fortunate enough to be able to win one of Todd's stocks and here's my experience:

I immediately found it more comfortable for positional and unconventional shooting, both strong and support side. Its symmetrical design lends superbly to being able to drive the rifle in the devious positional shooting that has become the norm now in comps. This stock transitions from strong to support side so easily that I barely notice I even shot support side many times.

The stock is so well thought out that I have yet to find a position it hinders me on. In unsupported slung prone shooting it feels like a NRA HP spacegun and allows perfect position, it immediately improved my seated shooting the first time I tried it, locking in like it was part of me. For barricade work the forend and magwell section are excellent, and the balance is near perfect with my rifle. It shoots great offhand, and of course regular old off the bipod prone its great as I have found in F-Class.
I really noticed at this year's SHTRC match, where every stage started from port arms that the rifle deploys to any position very quickly and very well.

The flush cup positions provide great balance for two-point sling carrying, a big plus for making it through multi day matches that include hands free carry and secondary weapon deployment.
The pistol grip's setup works great, allowing me the flexibility for "hard holding" the rifle in compromised positions, and also is great for perfect indexing of the thumb alongside the stock for shooting precise shots when time allows for such care.

The buttstock is a no frills affair with LOP adjustment that fits the rifle to the shooter well. The bottom of the butt is very "bag friendly" with the bags I've shot it from (RedTac, TAB, StraighLace and others).

The cheekpiece is a slim design that put my eye right behind the glass every time from strong and support side. It is adjustable both in height and longitudinally and features e-clip slots on he posts so the height adjustment is perfectly repeatable once set if it needs to be removed for any reason in the field.
Speaking of field adjustments, all the screws for the cheekpiece, LOP and action all take the same size allen wrench, minimizing tools carried in my gear.

Obviously, the stock is not a folder but after talking with Todd at a couple matches I agree that I prefer the better balance and handling that not having the weight or obtrusion folder hardware adds.

The magwell is designed such that speedy reloads are facilitated well, and a 5rd AICS mag fits flush. It runs AICS/AW and clone mags, and runs well with Alphas too. The mag release is at an angle he set up for speed after trying many different angles and lengths. The feed opening on actions may need to be opened up on the forward end to allow long loads or rounds jostled forward in dynamic shooting to not get caught under the feed ramp. But this is something I do that on all my mag fed guns anyway, as I have found it happens with all AICS compatible mag systems.

The stock is compatible with R700's and also the major player's custom actions with the same footprint, accommodating both swept and straight bolt handles and the thickest of recoil lugs. It works with both side and traditional bottom bolt releases. The trigger well seems generous and should fit all major trigger brands, but I have only ran my Jewells.

Todd's a guy that shoots comps and does very well. Pretty sure he designed this stock with one intent-to provide the best setup to achieve the goal of allowing the shooter to put accurate rounds on target regardless of the challenges presented by the firing position, and I think he has done that in spades. As I mentioned, this stock was under development for quite a while and it show in what it allows the shooter to do.

This is by far the best all aluminum or chassis-style stock I have shot.

Only problem I have with it is that I may have to switch all my rifles over.....
shrtc12003.jpg

15456838194866184217716.jpg

54671038194846517553016.jpg

57527238194848850886116.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It would behoove anyone checking out chassis systems to check out Rock Solid. Here's my $.02:

I have been shooting for a couple days, and I evolved from shooting McMillan A series stocks, through to Manners T series stocks. I've fielded AICS chassis systems and the McRee stock in my search for what fits dynamic shooting the best.

I admit that when the Rock Solid first hit the field it did nothing for me aesthetically, and I was not inclined to try one out at all. Fast forward to a recent TPRC match here in AZ and I was talking with a shooter that was running one. I asked if I could play with it a bit and immediately felt how well thought out the stock was. Being that I have become emotionally detached from my gear I am now always looking for what will help me perform my best, I became very interested.

This spring I was fortunate enough to be able to win one of Todd's stocks and here's my experience:

I immediately found it more comfortable for positional and unconventional shooting, both strong and support side. Its symmetrical design lends superbly to being able to drive the rifle in the devious positional shooting that has become the norm now in comps. This stock transitions from strong to support side so easily that I barely notice I even shot support side many times.

The stock is so well thought out that I have yet to find a position it hinders me on. In unsupported slung prone shooting it feels like a NRA HP spacegun and allows perfect position, it immediately improved my seated shooting the first time I tried it, locking in like it was part of me. For barricade work the forend and magwell section are excellent, and the balance is near perfect with my rifle. It shoots great offhand, and of course regular old off the bipod prone its great as I have found in F-Class.
I really noticed at this year's SHTRC match, where every stage started from port arms that the rifle deploys to any position very quickly and very well.

The flush cup positions provide great balance for two-point sling carrying, a big plus for making it through multi day matches that include hands free carry and secondary weapon deployment.
The pistol grip's setup works great, allowing me the flexibility for "hard holding" the rifle in compromised positions, and also is great for perfect indexing of the thumb alongside the stock for shooting precise shots when time allows for such care.

The buttstock is a no frills affair with LOP adjustment that fits the rifle to the shooter well. The bottom of the butt is very "bag friendly" with the bags I've shot it from (RedTac, TAB, StraighLace and others).

The cheekpiece is a slim design that put my eye right behind the glass every time from strong and support side. It is adjustable both in height and longitudinally and features e-clip slots on he posts so the height adjustment is perfectly repeatable once set if it needs to be removed for any reason in the field.
Speaking of field adjustments, all the screws for the cheekpiece, LOP and action all take the same size allen wrench, minimizing tools carried in my gear.

Obviously, the stock is not a folder but after talking with Todd at a couple matches I agree that I prefer the better balance and handling that not having the weight or obtrusion folder hardware adds.

The magwell is designed such that speedy reloads are facilitated well, and a 5rd AICS mag fits flush. It runs AICS/AW and clone mags, and runs well with Alphas too. The mag release is at an angle he set up for speed after trying many different angles and lengths. The feed opening on actions may need to be opened up on the forward end to allow long loads or rounds jostled forward in dynamic shooting to not get caught under the feed ramp. But this is something I do that on all my mag fed guns anyway, as I have found it happens with all AICS compatible mag systems.

The stock is compatible with R700's and also the major player's custom actions with the same footprint, accommodating both swept and straight bolt handles and the thickest of recoil lugs. It works with both side and traditional bottom bolt releases. The trigger well seems generous and should fit all major trigger brands, but I have only ran my Jewells.

Todd's a guy that shoots comps and does very well. Pretty sure he designed this stock with one intent-to provide the best setup to achieve the goal of allowing the shooter to put accurate rounds on target regardless of the challenges presented by the firing position, and I think he has done that in spades. As I mentioned, this stock was under development for quite a while and it show in what it allows the shooter to do.

This is by far the best all aluminum or chassis-style stock I have shot.

Only problem I have with it is that I may have to switch all my rifles over.....</div></div>

Thanks for the insight. Not a lot of information on the Rock Solid floating around

You're welcome! I think its a great setup and I will only recommend things I find to help me shoot better.
Retail on the Rock Solid stock is $750 and I think the best way to contact Todd (toddacguy here on the 'hide)is through the Facebook page above, or PM him here.

Rock Solid Stocks is simply a shooters quest for something that works, Todd has probably broken more scopes, wore out 2 or 3 Surgeon Actions, and has broken countless other things related to LR shooting in his 100k of bolt action rounds downrange, it must work, or it must last longer than he expects for him to say its Good To Go, the first stock was made with hand tools, he shot it for a couple years, then went thru CAD school to tweak his design, what you see now floating around is his master piece, you'll see more and more of them in the comp pics, a simple design that works, no fluff, no unneeded anything. Yall might notice the black grip tape on the sides, it's from http://www.loftactical.com/#, with there gloves on its like Velcro, there is a NV provision mounting point built in, the top rail from a McCann Industries SIRS, a cheaper alternative is in the works, Rock Solid Stocks is everything you need and nothing you don't at a price that is highly competitive.