• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Completed the pillar bedding on the 455.

That looks awesome. Can you tell me what pillars and bedding epoxy you used?

That looks awesome. Can you tell me what pillars and bedding epoxy you used?

For pillars I use solid copper sleeves that are 9/16" outside diameter, 2" length, and 1/8" thick wall. For bedding good old JB weld which I also use to secure the pillars. If your interested in the pillars ill pm you an eBay link.

Looks great. Please send me the link for the pillars and where you get the action screws. Was the length of the bedding for the barrel picked at random or did you experiment prior to the actual bedding?

Looks great. Please send me the link for the pillars and where you get the action screws. Was the length of the bedding for the barrel picked at random or did you experiment prior to the actual bedding?

The first 455 I did with lilja barrel was my test pilot. That poor stock went through a lot in the trial and error period. Bedding 3" of the channel has worked on all the ones I have done perfectly. Funny thing is that the boyds stock has exactly 3" in the barrel channel to bed on and then it drops down a bit. You can always experiment yourself to see if you can find a sweet spot for your particular rifle.