• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Compliments to:

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Vortex Optics and the USPS.

Ordered a set of replacement turret cover caps for my scope (free under warranty) on Friday. Got the notification that they are in my PO Box this morning (Monday). Hard to beat that kind of service.

Thanks USPS and Vortex

I have to ask, which scope and what was wrong with the caps?

and the USPS delivery was just luck ;)

I have to ask, which scope and what was wrong with the caps?

and the USPS delivery was just luck ;)
    Vortex 4.5x27x56. Turret cover caps are aluminum. they give you a special plastic tool but I didnt have it so used a screwdriver and they got a bit bit messed up. they say a nickel works perfectly.

USPS can be hit or miss though 95% of the time I've had excellent service.

Attachments

• V2.jpg
      V2.jpg
      44.8 KB · Views: 29
    • V3.jpg
      V3.jpg
      49.6 KB · Views: 29
    Reactions: kenny1773
    I've got some boogered up vortex Razor caps too. I should give em a call as well.

Reactions: Maggot
    cool, I was wondering if it was a manufacturing defect, but looks like an end user error :p

cool, I was wondering if it was a manufacturing defect, but looks like an end user error :p
    Perhaps NOT, if end user is cheap... err frugal like me, and purchases used on occasion
    In this case it was the end user fuck up. They supply a nice little Nylon/plastic tool, but you never have those when you need them so you use a screwdriver...thus dings.

Vortex 4.5x27x56. Turret cover caps are aluminum. they give you a special plastic tool but I didnt have it so used a screwdriver and they got a bit bit messed up. they say a nickel works perfectly.

USPS can be hit or miss though 95% of the time I've had excellent service.
    I will go one for one. I took a new scope to the range to zero. While I was there, I had evidently accidentally dropped the rev stop ring, probably in the brass pile.

So, I emailed them and they sent me a new one, fast, on warranty, though I was willing to pay because it was my foul-up.

And I have not had a scope failure, yet. Others who have mentioned failures send them in and get new ones free. But they don't mention that. They only mention the problem. I wonder why that is?