• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Components ordering....sites with a wait-list?

MrButterpants

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2004
Colorado Springs, CO
I need to order some comps...mostly powder (H4350, Varget and some boolets). I don't even bother looking anymore just because everyone is out of stock, especially of the 8lb'ers. We all know this situation isn't changing anytime soon....but I don't mind standing in line for a little bit.

Is there a site which is taking wait-list or backorders that I can do (order/pay/whatever) now and when it's my turn, gets fulfilled?

Re: Components ordering....sites with a wait-list?

I think you can place the order with Powder Valley even if the item is out of stock, put something in the comments section that states the fact that you know it is not in stock but you will wait. I got some Lapua brass from them by doing this.

Grafs will do this. I have some SR primers on backorder. You can even call them after the fact and alter your backorder to add/remove items which is nice.

Also, their prices are all "shipping included" so it doesn't really matter if they ship random bits to you as they come available. Not sure if they'll hold half of your hazmat order to wait on other items though. May get dinged on multiple hazmats.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans Gruber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Grafs will do this. I have some SR primers on backorder. You can even call them after the fact and alter your backorder to add/remove items which is nice.

Also, their prices are all "shipping included" so it doesn't really matter if they ship random bits to you as they come available. Not sure if they'll hold half of your hazmat order to wait on other items though. May get dinged on multiple hazmats. </div></div>

You can call Grafs and have them hold hazmats on an order to only pay 1 hazmat charge. If you're a dealer with them you don't get a "paid" shipping stamp, but for stuff like Optics I get somewhere between 15-25% off depending on what it is, I bought a scope for a 22 plinker and the savings alone paid for the shipping on the rest of the order.

Yea I'm of course looking to avoid multiple hazmat charges. I tried to place an order for some out of stock shit on Powder Valley a few months ago and it wouldn't let me do it.....oh well maby something has changed. Never tried Graf's. Appreciate the info.

Cabelas will let you backorder stuff and they charge you 1 Hazmat fee even if they ship your order in several portions . I ordered some primers and powder a while back and called the 1-800 number to see if I was gonna get hit with a Hazmat fee everytime one part of the order shipped or if they waited until they had everything , thats when they told me they would ship as it came in and only charge one hazmat fee .