• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Computer peeps...

USAFDoug

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2009
North Carolina
Ok so I have a Slingbox seen here at www.slingmedia.com and I need a muni computer to run it. Any thoughts?! I am thinking about just a barebones system with not much power but a decent video card with an HDMI port on it. Also looking for wireless too. Let me know

Re: Computer peeps...

Mac Mini. They are not the cheapest but probably he smallest option with everything you want.

Dell mini 10 netbook has HDMI out. ~$300

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doug.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah we have just about everything else Mac around here I just can't see spending 699 to start when all I need is something like this...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856140051</div></div>

That looks good, not sure what my brother has but it is something similar to that. He uses it as a media server for his tv as he doesn't have cable tv and he loves it. Yeah I would steer clear of the Mac, expensive and if something goes wrong it doesn't seem like you could just open it up and swap out components (plus I am not a fan of the white case). Seems like you would have more options for hard drives and such with a non-mac one as well.

I am actually going to start a mini project and take an old Xbox 360 that got the ring and build a mini pc in it. Going Tuesday to pick up the components. If anyone would like I can post pictures.. not sure if anyone really cares lol.