• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Concentricity gage

QRE23

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2008
Wa.
I need some help deciding on a new concentricity gage.

I'm looking for some hands on experience and pros and cons to the NECO concentricity gage and the Sinclair unit.

What are your thoughts on these two gages and if you have another you like alot better feel free to shout it out.

Re: Concentricity gage

I like the NECO I have just fine. But the new Hornady unit looks like it has promise. The main one I use is one I made.

I have a LOT of Sinclair's tooling. I am not saying anything bad about them. But the tooling with their name is subcontracted out to the cheapest bidder. Sometimes a unit of ... "not full quality" makes it out the door. Out of all the equipment and instruments I currently have with their name on it is fine. But I have personally had a couple of things that I traded off because it just wasn't up to snuff.

Good luck in making your choices.

I have a Sinclair, and had the Hornady, when the Sinclair read zero runout the Hornady would read .002 or more, so I sold it and keep the Sinclair, now I'm think about getting a NECO gauge because it will read more things besides runout.

I don't really want to spend that much for the NECO unit but I am leaning that direction because I too think it will do more than just one job. But, I'm always open to other ideas as well....

I like the Hornady because you can read the run out and adjust it on the same tool.

Like 427Cobra, I have a Sinclair. I just bought a NECO because I wanted to check case wall thickness. I'll give it a whirl and see if I want to keep the Sinclair.

samson,

Buy once, cry once. Get the NECO and don't look back. It will do more than you can think of doing.

HTH,
DocB

The NECO is the direction I have been leaning and from what you all have posted I think you just may have tipped me over.

Soooo, next question is where is the best place to buy them???

I have the Hornady and it works well for me.. I can bump any round down to half a thousandth; spinning the round does take some care so that you don't get a bad reading..

I have a Hornady gauge and I problems with the unit is the indicator gauge. The actual make of the device is good but the gauge sucks.