• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Confused about current USMC sniper scope

raschiller

Private
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2010
I've been doing some research and am confused about which sniper scope the USMC is currently using. I've read that both the S&B and the Heritage scope have replaced the Unertls. Anybody know what the true story is?

Re: Confused about current USMC sniper scope

Premier assembled and supplied the S&B scopes to replace the Unertls and will, after the recent approval of the USMC, supply the Premier Heritage 3-15x50 to fulfill future orders.

on a side note, I just fondle a Premier Heritage 3-15 and first thing I thought was " Built like a tank is an understatement" ! that scope is massive and very well built !

And its a whole lot lighter than I thought it would be. When I first got mine I saw the box (big), opened and saw the scope (yeah, that's big) picked it up and thought "that's really light"! I was/am impressed with it.

I saw a M40A4 with a USO MST-100 during OEF VII. Holding the guy's rifle so he could put a NIB Otis cleaning kit in his pack was pretty decent too as I had no idea how heavy the rifle actually was based on my A5 stocked DIY version

The current issue scope is the S&B SSDS 3-12x50 MTC. No PH's are being used other than for testing purposes.