• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CONGRATULATIONS BOGEY BROWN

Welding took me many places and kept me employed when others were loosing theirs. Got me the cushy maintenance job I have now. Congratulations!

Reactions: oneshot86
Thanks gents. @oneshot86 literally texted me while I was in the middle of a weld pass.

My Ironworkers Local has a massive project going and needed additional welders that could pass "Unlimited" Flux Core groove overhead and vertical (3G and 4G on 1" plate) so they opened their books.

I was one of only a few guys that managed to pass and earned my way in. I'm jumped right onto night shift working six-12's.

Most of my interaction with "Union culture" was up north, where the politics and BS can be shitty at times. I am fucking amazed at how badass my crew is. These sonsabitches work harder than any group of men I've ever worked with and they are GOOD.

I am learning tons, making a good wage, working my ass off, and having a blast (at 100+ feet in the air) I'm really hoping this ends up being the job I retire from if my body holds out.

Good luck Boogey . I have no greater respect than I do for a man that grabs his own boot straps and makes it happen . Opportunity does not knock and sometimes doors need to be kicked down . To borrow the line from Oneshot , you sir are a Stud .

Keep it up until your body starts telling you to knock it off. Then, get your CWI, and a less physical job. Or look into robotics. They'll never replace the guys hanging high stuff, but it beats having a real job ?.

Thanks gents. @oneshot86 literally texted me while I was in the middle of a weld pass.

My Ironworkers Local has a massive project going and needed additional welders that could pass "Unlimited" Flux Core groove overhead and vertical (3G and 4G on 1" plate) so they opened their books.

I was one of only a few guys that managed to pass and earned my way in. I'm jumped right onto night shift working six-12's.

Most of my interaction with "Union culture" was up north, where the politics and BS can be shitty at times. I am fucking amazed at how badass my crew is. These sonsabitches work harder than any group of men I've ever worked with and they are GOOD.

I am learning tons, making a good wage, working my ass off, and having a blast (at 100+ feet in the air) I'm really hoping this ends up being the job I retire from if my body holds out.

I worked out of an Ironworkers local for several years. I spent my time either welding or running work at a nuclear facility. It was a pretty good gig, just benefited me and my family more to take a company position at the facility and leave the union.