• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Congressman-Elect Luke Letlow Dies Of Covid

vh20

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2012

I'm going to skip right over the obvious tragedy of this story and get right to the cold reality (with apologies, thoughts and prayers to his family) - Louisiana has a Democrat Governor. Does he get to appoint the replacement, and did we just lose another Republican seat? I think every state has their own laws for this situation?

Depends.

In MA we used to have Governor appointment.

Than Rino Governor Romney was going to be able to pick John errys replacement if Kerry won the 2004 Presidential election so the Communist Dem legislator changed things to a special election.

Come the passing of Ted Kennedy and Deval Patric being governor the legislature tried to change it back to Governor appointment.

The People got pissed.

It remained special election.

Thats how Scott Brown got in with the idea he would kill ObamaCare.

I think we remain special election for now.

The 17th Amendment should be repealed and have Governor appointed Senators.

If that were the case the Senate would be at least Rino if not conservative.

But Letlow is not a Senator.

Even if his seat goes Dem the Congress is Dem anyway.

R's made big gains in November. Something like 27/27 in contested seats.

Yet we are to believe Trump lost with such strong coat tails.

Special election.

§1279. Vacancies; representatives in congress
When a vacancy occurs in the office of representative in congress, the governor shall determine the dates on which the special elections shall be held and the dates of the qualifying period and shall issue a proclamation ordering a special election and specifying the dates on which the primary and general elections will be held and the dates of the qualifying period for the election. Immediately thereafter he shall publish the proclamation in the official journal of each parish in which the election is to be held. Within twenty-four hours after issuing the proclamation, the governor shall send a copy of the proclamation to the secretary of state, who shall within twenty-four hours of receipt of the information notify all election officials having any duty to perform in connection with a special election to fill such vacancy, including the parish boards of election supervisors for the parish or parishes in which the vacancy occurred. The election shall be conducted in the same manner and at the same places and the returns shall be certified as in regular congressional elections. If at a primary or general election in a congressional district one representative in congress is to be elected for a full term and another to fill a vacancy, the ballots containing the names of the candidates shall, as a part of the title of the office, designate the term for which the candidates are respectively nominated.

Reactions: Evlshnngns

I'm going to skip right over the obvious tragedy of this story and get right to the cold reality (with apologies, thoughts and prayers to his family) - Louisiana has a Democrat Governor. Does he get to appoint the replacement, and did we just lose another Republican seat? I think every state has their own laws for this situation?
The senate gets appointed by state legislature but the house requires an election since that is the people’s representation and the senate is supposed to represent the state but that got shitcanned when the 17th amendment was passed.

Did he really die from covid? Or was it a heart issue & complications from surgery. Or did he have shit on Klintons? All the above?

Reactions: KZP
It won't make a difference who appoints what if elections are allowed to be rigged and openly stolen.

America: 1776 - 2020

He "apparently suffered a cardiac event this evening that was refractory to all resuscitation efforts."

I know we don’t know his past history health wise, but from the outside looking in, a cardiac event would not be expected. This seems out of the ordinary, but right along the lines of something I mentioned in another thread. According to a doctor I know, there seems to be a number of patients that experience heart issues with covid who had never had heart problems before. Any doctors or healthcare workers here who are seeing the same?

I pray for peace and comfort for his family. RIP Luke.

Last edited:
Reactions: KZP