• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords shot-CRITICAL

christian77

Sergeant
Minuteman
Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords shot in the head in Tucson *CRITICAL*.

At least 12 other people, including members of her staff, were reportedly hurt when a gunman ran up to the meeting and opened fire.
Miss Giffords, 40, was shot in the head during a public event outside a grocery store in Tucson, Arizona.
An hour before her shooting, she wrote on Twitter: "My 1st Congress on Your Corner starts now. Please stop by to let me know what is on your mind or tweet me later."
t1larg.az.shooting.jpg

giffords_010811.jpg

<span style="font-style: italic">A congresswoman from Arizona was shot point blank in the head and killed on Saturday in a shooting at a public event at a grocery store in Tucson, according to her spokesman, C. J. Karamargin, and news reports. Twelve others were injured in the shooting.

She was taken to University Medical Center in Tucson, the trauma center for the area, about 10 miles away, but NPR and CNN reported that she had been killed.

CNN quoted a public information officer for the sheriff’s office as saying that 12 people had been injured in all and that the shooting had occurred around 10 a.m. local time.

An employee at a nearby store told CNN that he heard a steady stream of gun fire that appeared sustained “random.” Shortly after, emergency vehicles filled the parking lot around the grocery story and cordoned off the area.

The shooting occurred at a Safeway supermarket in northwest Tucson as Ms. Giffords hosted an event, called “Congress on Your Corner, to allow members of the 8th Congressional District to meet her individually. She has held several events since first taking office in January 2007. At one such event in 2009, a protester was removed by police when his pistol fell on the supermarket floor.

Last March, her Tucson office was vandalized a few hours after the House vote overhauling the nation’s health care system, the authorities said. Earlier events in Tucson, Oro Valley, Green Valley, Sierra Vista, and Douglas had attracted between 75 and 150 people, according to a statement announcing the event. This was her first event since her re-election to a third term in November.

Ms. Giffords, 40, was interviewed on Fox news on Friday to talk about a bill to cut to congressional salaries by 5 percent.</span>
09giffords-span-articleLarge.jpg

Re: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords shot dead

Sad, sad event. I foresee wide-sweeping repercussions.

Fox is reporting that the gunman is in custody.

Fox is <span style="font-weight: bold">now</span> reporting that Congresswoman Giffords is alive and in critical condition in the hospital.

I am so pissed! This is EXACTLY the same shit I saw in Iraq and Afghanistan. America has gone from talking, to shouting, and now to shooting. We the People need to knock off the extreme rhetoric unless we want a government chosen via political assassinations. If you care enough to vote every two years, and really care about how you vote, there will never be an excuse or reason for political violence.

I was just thinking the same thing. How far we have fallen when we start to assassinate our elected officials when we don't agree with them. As an American, I'm ashamed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am so pissed! This is EXACTLY the same shit I saw in Iraq and Afghanistan. America has gone from talking, to shouting, and now to shooting. We the People need to knock off the extreme rhetoric unless we want a government chosen via political assassinations. If you care enough to vote every two years, and really care about how you vote, there will never be an excuse or reason for political violence. </div></div>

Very well said.

Sad series of events. I hope she makes it.

I read she was still alive, am I wrong?
Prayers to her family and to her in this fight for her life.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read she was still alive, am I wrong?
Prayers to her family and to her in this fight for her life. </div></div>

Sounds like she is alive in surgery. Who knows what her status is. Official press conference is in 20 minutes or so.

Sad deal...Fox reported the guy just went around and shot people in the head point blank. Among the dead was a child. What kind of person does it take to do that shit? My god!!!

I worked with her husband Mark Kelly and his brother Scott Kelly,twin brothers from West Orange,NJ and who are both ASTRONAUTS-Scott, is currently ON the INTERNATIONAL SPACE STATION.

Her husband Mark was training to join his brother in space in April. This is some fucked up shit. Political differences are just that-DIFFERENCES. Resorting to senseless violence is BULLSHIT.

Events like this HARM our sport-even though it appears,or at least initially was shot by someone with a CCW. Unfortunately-the shooter is reportedly a VETERAN of the Afghanistan war as per Arizona State Rep. Linda Lopez.... a 22y/o white male as per Fox news.

A Federal District Court Judge John M. Roll attending the event was also wounded. I'm sure a shit storm will follow....

Hyperbole and bullshit doesn't just fall on the ears of the sane. News outlets and pundits need to take a good hard look at the flames they fuel for a living.

Yeah this will not end well for us.

I hope to God the shooter is not a Veteran... Vets don't need that kind of association, which we all know will undoubtedly happen.

Prayers for her and the many others who were shot during this travesty. Prayers for us, as well.

It starts all over again...

Greg

Wish I could have been there with my G23 to stop this crazy asshole...Where were the police? What weapon allowed this guy to get that many shots off? Prays to her and her family.

Fox just reported the surgeon said she pulled throught the surgery and they are optimistic.Federal judge confirmed dead.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: generalzip</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wish I could have been there with my G23 to stop this crazy asshole...Where were the police? What weapon allowed this guy to get that many shots off? Prays to her and her family. </div></div>

Don't worry,the Anti's will be asking the same question about the Weapon soon enough.
mad.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: generalzip</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wish I could have been there with my G23 to stop this crazy asshole...Where were the police? What weapon allowed this guy to get that many shots off? Prays to her and her family.</div></div>

"handgun with an extended magazine" was one report from the frenzied media.

More-so the issue of banning weapons of that type is the issue of Iraq/ Afghan war veteran with PTSD or possible PTSD will be a prime target for the Antis to say that they shouldnt be allowed to have guns because of the "possibility" of having a "few screws" loose

Sarah Palin just took down her USA Map with targets drawn over democratic leaders, one of them was for Gabrielle Giffords.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jdk998</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sarah Palin just took down her USA Map with targets drawn over democratic leaders, one of them was for Gabrielle Giffords.....</div></div>

Thanks hippie.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BMelton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More-so the issue of banning weapons of that type is the issue of Iraq/ Afghan war veteran with PTSD or possible PTSD will be a prime target for the Antis to say that they shouldnt be allowed to have guns because of the "possibility" of having a "few screws" loose </div></div>

Their Own Commands don't help that image much,the US Military is getting more "Anti" than some Libs !!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jdk998</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sarah Palin just took down her USA Map with targets drawn over democratic leaders, one of them was for Gabrielle Giffords..... </div></div>

What a responsible and adult thing to do; unlike SEIU members publishing addresses, busing members to the homes of those whom SEIU targets, and violating private property laws while terrorizing the children of those targeted by SEIU.

Good luck

Indeed they are...... That bring up the point of the politicians trying to please every freakin soft-hearted pussy out there that thinks the military should be easy......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jdk998</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sarah Palin just took down her USA Map with targets drawn over democratic leaders, one of them was for Gabrielle Giffords..... </div></div>

Did you really just sign up solely to post that comment?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jdk998</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sarah Palin just took down her USA Map with targets drawn over democratic leaders, one of them was for Gabrielle Giffords..... </div></div>

Did you really just sign up solely to post that comment? </div></div>

You know he did,Cocksucker has nothing better to do !!!

Re: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords shot-CRITICAL

This is not going to devolve into a political attack post.

This is why we have a no politics rule on this site, because people are not smart enough to understand what is acceptable behavior and what is not. Rhetoric has consequences, right, left, it doesnt' matter.

I don't tolerate hate speech, threats of violence on this site.

No politics for this very reason.

This senseless attack effects us all, and we should think about the victims during this time. Later we can think about ourselves.