• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Conquest HD vs. Zen Ray ED3

dk-1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2007
Central, Ca.
Looking to upgrade my binos for hunting season and I think I have it narrowed down to these two. I have heard a lot of good things about the Zen Ray ED3's but the Conquest HD's are fairly new and I can't seem to find much info about them. What do you guys think?

Forgot to mention, the Zens would be the 10x43 model and the Conquest HD would be the 10x42 model.

My personal favorites in the 900-1000 price point have been the Conquest HD's and the Meopta HD's.

Zeiss Binoculars | Binoculars at Discount Sale Price | SportOptics

Meopta Binoculars | Binoculars at Discount Sale Price | SportOptics

Thanks Chris. Have you compared the Conquest HD with the Zen Ray ED3? I'm stuck on the fact I may be spending another $500 for the Conquest when the Zens would be just as good, or maybe better. I have looked through the Conquest HD's at a local sporting goods store and they looked good, but they all look good in the store!

Thanks Chris. Have you compared the Conquest HD with the Zen Ray ED3? I'm stuck on the fact I may be spending another $500 for the Conquest when the Zens would be just as good, or maybe better. I have looked through the Conquest HD's at a local sporting goods store and they looked good, but they all look good in the store!

The zen ed3's are a great bino at their price point and are definitely an improvement over the standard 3's. I feel that they are built well, not like the alpha brands but damn good for their price class. That being said I prefer the Meopta HD's. In my opinion they have a better sweet spot (easier to get behind quickly and get a full fov with very little effort) that is confirmed after getting feed back from various customers that have used both. I also feel that the build of the glasses is alpha quality. I find that the depth of the image is better. I haven't had a chance to use the zen glasses in lowlight hunting conditions so I can't comment on that, however I do have a personal set of the Meopta HD's and they perform great in twilight. I'm usually in the stand glassing to the point that the green pin on my bow is starting to become difficult to see.

IMHO the zen's are not an alpha on the cheap. But they are really good. Is it worth the extra dollar? That's more of a personal decision but I say yes.

Hope this helps.

***at the time i didnt not have a pair of the conquests to compair***

-Chris

Last edited:
Chris, just curious if you've now had a chance to check out the Conquest HD's? At the time of your post above you had not yet had a chance to compare the Conquest HD to the Meopta MeoStar. Would you consider the Conquest HD to be "alpha" quality? I am looking at the 8x42's and the 6 oz of savings with the Conquest HD definitely have an advantage over the MeoStar, thank you.

Bill

Chris, just curious if you've now had a chance to check out the Conquest HD's? At the time of your post above you had not yet had a chance to compare the Conquest HD to the Meopta MeoStar. Would you consider the Conquest HD to be "alpha" quality? I am looking at the 8x42's and the 6 oz of savings with the Conquest HD definitely have an advantage over the MeoStar, thank you.

Bill

Can't go wrong either way. We keep both sets on hand but I've been too busy to get to the field with both sets. I've looked at them in the shop and outside during what I consider optimal viewing conditions which don't really provide a true test in my opinion. If I remember I'll take both with me hunting this weekend

Last edited: