• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes considerations for left handed optics?

steven1513

Private
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2008
I like idea of the parallax adjustment being on the top or right of the turret (USO T-PAL) or an Adjustable Objective.

What features should a left handed shooter consider during scope selection? What manufacturers have those features?

Re: considerations for left handed optics?

Been shooting left handed for yrs and dont even worry about that. Its something that will never hinder your shooting. The side turret on NF is great. I prefer that over a front focus since its easier to adjust while in prone or using a sling for target shooting. Unless you'll be adjusting the parallax often any high quality scope will do. Your learn to adapt to any rilfe left or right handed. I shot 3 positon small bore with a Mossberg 144LS and had no problem. Might have helped being young too.

great to hear from another southpaw- I've got several lefty set ups with long range scopes. It is rather handy to have the side focus (leupold and NF) on the left side when shooting way out there.
Not sure what your application is but a good all around in the NF NXS NP-R1 reticle.

I have a USO TPAL in the mail that has a Left side focus and left side windage. If you decide to go that route, they can do it too.