• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Considering different optic

Jethro80

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2011
North Texas
Hello,

I have put some time, money, and a lot of thought into this rifle, it's a M700 VLS .223 with a HS Precision Stock that I painted. . The purpose is hunting Hogs and varmints at moderate distances and shooting steel at ranges inside 600 meters. I currently have a Leupold VX-III 3.5-10X50 with illumintated duplex reticle. While this is a great hunting/general purpose scope, I am left wanting something different for this rifle. I'd like to get something with a reticle that I can range with. I'd also like something with more magnification. What I have in mind is FFP, mil/mil adjustment.
What I'm short on is money, and unless I sell this scope I probably can't do what I'd like to do. Ultimately I dream of owning a GAP Crusader in .308 with glass to match my specs above. Needless to say...without a pocket full of cash that will remain a dream.
So, with all that said, I'm trying to decide if I should pump more money into my current rifle or just start saving and possibly try to sell this rifle and maybe a few others to fund the purchase of a GAP!

Thanks for your time to listen to my rant.

P1030906.jpg

P1030911.jpg