• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Consistancy at 2k practical?

dave1894

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2007
IRAQ
Board here in Iraq so I thought I would pop this question since I had someone try to tell me he does this with a M82A3 his dad owns but he doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. I asked him what the wind value was when he shoots these God like shots and he looked at me like I had a dick growing out of my forhead... He didn't even know wtf wind value is. I explained the values and he went on saying his dad called it something else...

Is shooting at 2,000 meters out even practical? I know there are the shooter's but is there a setup on this earth that is capable of such range with any kind of consistancy? I wish I could bring him in here... This gent claims he can shoot his 300 RUM out to 1700 and hit 15" groups all day long... He said his dad was a Marine Force Recon Sniper and taught him all he knows but he doesn't know what the wind value's are...

Sorry, I try and stay humble, but it just pisses me off to no end!

Lw

Re: Consistancy at 2k practical?

I went to get ammo at sportsmans ware house or walmart, cant remember which, and the ammo guy behind the counter tells me he shoots his factory 700 with a simmons at a mile and gets awesome groups (I cant remember how many inches) at this point I was tryng not to laugh at the guy, when I asked what ammo he used he said, "cheapest huntin ammo I can find". I walked away.... Wannabe Rob Furlongs are all over the place, don't sweat it, laugh at the guy and tell him you hit apples at 3 miles with a 10/22.

To get into 2K consitently, you are now talking about the Chey Tac system, be it 375 CT, or the 408 CT. Unless, it is a BR 50 BMG with match ammo, it is extremely difficult to reach 2K consistently. I am of course assuming that you are not shooting at the side of a mountain, or a barn and more of a realistic target size, be it soft target or hard target such as a car.

A couple of my friends and I have shot out to about 1800-1900 yards consistently with our 338LM and 375 CT. However, you are at the mercy of the wind. If it kicks up a few notches, then good luck. It doesn't matter what you shoot.

Well said ! They don't call it the SASR for no reason . DersertHK my self and steve123 should go out to shoot sometime
Ill back in June

Funny, was at the 200yd public range last weekend with my 7Wizzer and buddy messin' with his .338 Lapua. He was having some accuracy issues and was trying different loads to get one settled...

Anyhoo, this dude strolls up talkin' about his .338 & that he only loads the "300s for my .338 'cause I want my ammo as consistent out past 1500yds as it is at 200yds"...

Well after the "load lesson" ceased, I questioned where exactly does he shoot past 1500yards? His response: "Well, I never have actually shot that far", but his .338 is "a one hole grouper all day @ 200"...

Well, of course it is!

I you can hit targets consistently out to and past 2000m with the right gear and training.....I dont however beleave someone who dosent no what wind value is can

I use Google (and right clicking my mouse on the red highlight under my misspellings in this reply box) for spell check, punctuation and word usage is another matter.