• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Consistent POI... awesome!

TannerGun

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2012
Colorado!
I hadn't done anything like this before, but I tested 3 loads of differing bullets/weights today consecutively, and was very pleased with my results.

IMAG0759.jpg

L to R: 155.5 Berger, 175 Matchking, 178 BTHP. None of the groups are incredible (all right around .5 Minute) but are very useable considering the 15 degree temps and shooting from the bed of my truck. The MatchKing and Berger saw no load-work up, I tossed the same charge I use for the 178s for the MK, and just bumped up 1.5grs for the Berger.

The last 3 178s I shot at 500 (this is the load I've been shooting the last couple months) went into about 2"-2.5" (top right splashes)

IMAG0757.jpg

IMAG0745.jpg

(sorry for the awful pics, my cell-phone camera got packed with Dust sitting in my Badlands during an elk hunt)

Re: Consistent POI... awesome!

Brrrr!!! That does look pretty consistent. Did you have to put up with the wind where you were at?

Re: Consistent POI... awesome!

There was a breeze blowing probably 3-5mph, but nothing that I held or dialed for. Looking at my impacts, I probably should have held leftside of the plate!