• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Contractor repos the shower he installed.

TexPatriot

Two Star General
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2020
For every shady contractor there are three thieving scum customers that think once you've installed something permanently on their property it's theirs, whether they 'decide' to pay for it or not.

This one thieving cunt thought she she would pay half of what was the agreed upon price and use the shower 'to see if she liked it' before paying the rest of what she owed. Like, after washing her nasty ass, she would decide to pay the contractor the balance.

I've been ripped off thousands with customers throwing parties to show off luxury pools I built they refused to pay for until I realized people are thieving trash and said no more, pay me my final draw before I do the final phase.

https://www.kktv.com/2021/09/15/11-...stroys-work-inside-home-over-payment-dispute/

Last edited:
First I'm going to need to know what the chick looks like before I decide if the work was shitty or not.

Second, I'm going to need the whole story because I've run into an equal amount of retards who want free shit and contractors who play fuck fuck games, don't show up, waste your time, lie and bullshit you and then want to be paid anyways, to even remotely make a decision off of the story and video.

Also, what level of dumbshit room mate lets them in to then start destroying shit?

Regardless of what happens, I bet his claim against her is civil while the claim against him now will be criminal. Good job retards.

Police say they are working to find out if what he did is a criminal or civil matter, while 11 News anchor Catherine Silver is talking to the company and the homeowner.

Lol, everything to police want to ignore is civil matter until it makes the news... Then it's we'll look into it.

For every shady contractor there are three thieving scum customers that think once you've installed something permanently on their property it's theirs, whether they 'decide' to pay for it or not.

This one thieving cunt thought she she would pay half of what was the agreed upon price and use the shower 'to see if she liked it' before paying the rest of what she owed. Like, after washing her nasty ass, she would decide to pay the contractor the balance.

I've been ripped off thousands with customers throwing parties to show off luxury pools I built they refused to pay for until I realized people are thieving trash and said no more, pay me my final draw before I do the final phase.

https://www.kktv.com/2021/09/15/11-...stroys-work-inside-home-over-payment-dispute/
Tough shit honey, pay your bills per your obligation/commitment. This one makes me giggle.

First I'm going to need to know what the chick looks like before I decide if the work was shitty or not.

Second, I'm going to need the whole story because I've run into an equal amount of retards who want free shit and contractors who play fuck fuck games, don't show up, waste your time, lie and bullshit you and then want to be paid anyways, to even remotely make a decision off of the story and video.

Also, what level of dumbshit room mate lets them in to then start destroying shit?

Regardless of what happens, I bet his claim against her is civil while the claim against him now will be criminal. Good job retards.
I don't know how much more of the backstory you need. Watch the video a few more times, especially the part where she used the completed shower she hadn't paid for to see if she liked it.

If you think she would have called the contractor and told him she liked it and would like to pay the remaining thousands on something she's using for free, you have no business calling anyone a retard.

Tough shit honey, pay your bills per your obligation/commitment. This one makes me giggle.
Makes me giggle as well, I love wrecking shit. Ill bet a dollar to a dime that he'll end up on the hook for it. You just cant do that whether the homeowner was a crook or not. He'll probably have to replace it at his expense or go to jail for refusing.

When I was building a lot of chimneys another mason told me he was expecting that out of a customer so about half way up the chimney he put a sheet of glass obstructing the flue. Homeowner wouldnt pay and then built a fire in the unit. Fucked his house all up with smoke. After he paid the contractor dropped something down and broke the sheet of glass, problem solved.

She didn’t think they had the balls to do anything. She lost that bet. Hopefully this goes to court and sets some type of precedent for contractors to have the ability to reclaim their work. Sadly it won’t

Reactions: TexPatriot
Contractor was lucky there was one a few weeks ago same thing contractor and owner arguing over money when the owner shot and killed the contractor right in his home. Owner was charge with murder.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
Not they way to go about it. Having had to have contractors fix a water leak, not a real fan of any of them. Spent more fixing their 'repair'.

People who don't pay ....not surprised. Bunch a shady ass people to go around.

Makes me giggle as well, I love wrecking shit. Ill bet a dollar to a dime that he'll end up on the hook for it. You just cant do that whether the homeowner was a crook or not. He'll probably have to replace it at his expense or go to jail for refusing.

When I was building a lot of chimneys another mason told me he was expecting that out of a customer so about half way up the chimney he put a sheet of glass obstructing the flue. Homeowner wouldnt pay and then built a fire in the unit. Fucked his house all up with smoke. After he paid the contractor dropped something down and broke the sheet of glass, problem solved.
Thats an old trick. I told it to one of my employees a few days ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maggot

4A87E68F-AA56-4644-A735-BD1A3EC76CC6.jpeg

I don't know how much more of the backstory you need. Watch the video a few more times, especially the part where she used the completed shower she hadn't paid for to see if she liked it.

If you think she would have called the contractor and told him she liked it and would like to pay the remaining thousands on something she's using for free, you have no business calling anyone a retard.

Simmer down there sunshine.

From the video, final amount was due 9/6. Since today is 9/15, I'm going to guess it happened a few days ago.

Is what world do you live in where you go into someones' house with a sledge hammer 2-3 days after completing work? An intelligent person would put these few things together and deduct that everything is probably not as it seems. This looks like something that would happen after either weeks/months of being ghosted or is some form of retribution for something else. This isn't something a rational person does after a few days.

From their statement, it said that they completed the work and wanted paid that day. There's three things you never do with a contractor;

never take off work to meet them at your house because 83% of the time they wont fucking show up

never pay them up front because then best case, they'll run the bill up and want more money, worse case they'll disappear

never pay them the minute they say they are done because anything found to be wrong or not completed after the money exchanges hands has like a 2.87689% chance of actually being fixed

Have you gone in and inspected the work that was done? No? Then how do you know shit about any of this? It's also strangely weird that these same guys would then come in and destroy it 2-3 days afterwards. That part makes this really odd for multiple reasons; why destroy your chances of being paid at all within a few days of completion? Why destroy something that you said was completed and you wanted paid for, 2 minutes after being done? Why whine about this costing weeks of time and thousands of dollars and then hitting it with a mallet 2 days later even if she did just want a week or whatever to 'try it out'? Does not compute. There's something else to this.

If the work was done correctly, she obviously owes them. However, the story versus the events, don't make sense to anyone who doesn't want to just see what they want to see, at all.

What's actually going to come out of this is, even if she was in the wrong, contractor guy is losing his license and being sued/having charges filed while he will basically put some ghetto contractor's lien on some house she's probably upside down on after refi'ing it to pay for her construction work.

Simmer down there sunshine.

From the video, final amount was due 9/6. Since today is 9/15, I'm going to guess it happened a few days ago.

Is what world do you live in where you go into someones' house with a sledge hammer 2-3 days after completing work? An intelligent person would put these few things together and deduct that everything is probably not as it seems. This looks like something that would happen after either weeks/months of being ghosted or is some form of retribution for something else. This isn't something a rational person does after a few days.

From their statement, it said that they completed the work and wanted paid that day. There's three things you never do with a contractor;

never take off work to meet them at your house because 83% of the time they wont fucking show up

never pay them up front because then best case, they'll run the bill up and want more money, worse case they'll disappear

never pay them the minute they say they are done because anything found to be wrong or not completed after the money exchanges hands has like a 2.87689% chance of actually being fixed

Have you gone in and inspected the work that was done? No? Then how do you know shit about any of this? It's also strangely weird that these same guys would then come in and destroy it 2-3 days afterwards. That part makes me wonder as well.

If the work was done correctly, she obviously owes them. However, the story versus the events, don't make sense to anyone who doesn't want to just see what they want to see, at all.
Blah blah blah...In what world do you live in where a person test drives a shower for a few days to see if they like it?

If you think that was a genuine, honest excuse for not paying the man...haha, nvm.

I bet if he installed a commode for her she would say she wanted to pinch a few loafs in it to see if she liked it before paying for it.

Blah blah blah...In what world do you live in where a person test drives a shower for a few days to see if they like it?

If you think that was a genuine, honest excuse for not paying the man...haha, nvm.

I bet if he installed a commode for her she would say she wanted to pinch a few loafs in it to see if she liked it before paying for it.

Again, did you sign off on this project?

Did you see it in person?

Did you see the finished project in any way or form?

Do you know for a fact that there wasn't a concern/question/punch list still left to do?

No?

Then what the fuck are you going on about?

Read my initial post. I want more info to make a determination. You on the other hand seem to have your mind made up and are/were in construction at some point. So either we can agree to disagree and wait to see if we ever get more info out of this, or you can come to Utah and build my miniature giraffe a golden toilet and we'll see whats up when I decide to 'lose my wallet' for 2 or 3 days afterwards.

Again, did you sign off on this project?

Did you see it in person?

Did you see the finished project in any way or form?

Do you know for a fact that there wasn't a concern/question/punch list still left to do?

No?

Then what the fuck are you going on about?

Read my initial post. I want more info to make a determination. You on the other hand seem to have your mind made up and are/were in construction at some point. So either we can agree to disagree and wait to see if we ever get more info out of this, or you can come to Utah and build my miniature giraffe a golden toilet and we'll see whats up when I decide to 'lose my wallet' for 2 or 3 days afterwards.
Punch list? It's a fucking shower slick, not a custom game room. "...build my miniature giraffe a golden toilet" WTF are you rambling about?

Reactions: Holliday
I hope she likes taking her showers at the old folks home she's working at. Thieving bitch.
People like her make me sick. I’m sure she will play the abused female victim card for all it is worth.

I worked hard to learn my trade and I was damn good at it. I started pushing a wheelbarrow at age 15 after school. I went on to apprentice with some of the finest Maine Cabinet Makers, Boat Builders, Home builders and Carpenters in the North East. The kind of people that Fine Woodworking and Fine Homebuilding wrote about. I watched many of those hardworking family men get stiffed and jerked around by folks that had more money than they did, by far.

Every day I hear people lamenting that they can’t get good skilled craftsman anymore. Well why the fuck would any good skilled person want to stay in the trades? Seriously, I wonder to this day why anyone with a reasonable IQ wants to suffer the abuse and broken body that comes with it.

No I never got stiffed but I put up with more than my fair share of bullshit from homeowners. Homeowners that would go on and on about my work only to hire some crew for a few bucks less for the next project, often illegals, then lament to me later how they wished they had me do it because it was a mess. Meanwhile they are buying two new BMWs......Priorities.

Fuck her little sheep ass. It’s comforting to know there are a few lions left out there......

Punch list? It's a fucking shower slick, not a custom game room. "...build my miniature giraffe a golden toilet" WTF are you rambling about?

I've seen contractors fuck up putting their own shoes on. Yes, punch list. I assume everyone is basically an idiot until you prove me otherwise. I'm usually right though.

Also, reading comprehension, it was more than a shower, slick.

Again, this whole scenario doesn't add up.

I am reminded of a time, several decades ago, my buddy's dad, a contractor, sort of handed me a job to build a deck on a house he had built for a lawyer about 2 years prior.
Every day this dude and his wife complimented my work. They had a sort of plan but nothing was actually drawn. I was able to do some free design work and built benches with storage under the seat for cushions she had. I cleaned up every day, throwing away unusable scrap and stacking the lumber under a tarp.
I was literally 30 minutes from completion when lawyer dude comes home. I tell him I'd be done in 30 minutes and have everything else stacked or in my trash trailer, he could go ahead and write the check so I didn't have to bother him later.
Lawyer dude then tells me how he didn't like how all of the screw heads were not all lined up. He was talking about clocking those screws...not a standard practice on a redwood deck. I explained that I could definitely go through and loosen screws the 1/4 turn to get them all lined up but that many of screws would break and that if I tightened them to clock, even more would break. It would also take most of a day to get that done, that I could have clocked all the screws as I installed but there was never any sort of specification to do so.
Well, he didn't think he'd want to pay any extra so I'd have to donate my time to clock those screws.
It pissed me off and I decided I would have not of that. I put my screw gun in reverse and started pulling screws out as fast as I could. Lawyer dude asked what I was doing. I told him that I had about a week building this thing but I should be able to have it dismantled by morning and I intended to stay all night taking my work apart.
Lawyer dude sort of freaked out. I told him that the negotiated price was firm and I would continue to dismantle until I had a certified money order or cashiers check, that I didn't trust him to not stop payment on a personal check. He asked me to stop dismantling while he went to get a check. I complied.
He returned with a cashiers check that I promptly put in my pocket and I ALMOST finished the deck. I didn't re-install the stuff I had taken apart. I rounded him up and asked him to take a look at my finished work. He asked about those missing pieces. I told him we could renegotiate re-installation of parts disassembled due to his being a lawyer asshole. He was fuming!!!! HAHAHA! We came to an agreement and I demanded cash up front.
The funniest part, to me, was his wife was laughing about the entire ordeal and giving me some flirtatious looks and encouragement. I hope she took him for more than half his net worth.

I've seen contractors fuck up putting their own shoes on. Yes, punch list. I assume everyone is basically an idiot until you prove me otherwise. I'm usually right though.

Also, reading comprehension, it was more than a shower, slick.

Again, this whole scenario doesn't add up.
No you're not right. You're full of shit. If you need a fucking 'punch list' to build a shower you're also a retard.
Just how many showers and days would you need to make sure your punch list was completed, slick?

I am reminded of a time, several decades ago, my buddy's dad, a contractor, sort of handed me a job to build a deck on a house he had built for a lawyer about 2 years prior.
Every day this dude and his wife complimented my work. They had a sort of plan but nothing was actually drawn. I was able to do some free design work and built benches with storage under the seat for cushions she had. I cleaned up every day, throwing away unusable scrap and stacking the lumber under a tarp.
I was literally 30 minutes from completion when lawyer dude comes home. I tell him I'd be done in 30 minutes and have everything else stacked or in my trash trailer, he could go ahead and write the check so I didn't have to bother him later.
Lawyer dude then tells me how he didn't like how all of the screw heads were not all lined up. He was talking about clocking those screws...not a standard practice on a redwood deck. I explained that I could definitely go through and loosen screws the 1/4 turn to get them all lined up but that many of screws would break and that if I tightened them to clock, even more would break. It would also take most of a day to get that done, that I could have clocked all the screws as I installed but there was never any sort of specification to do so.
Well, he didn't think he'd want to pay any extra so I'd have to donate my time to clock those screws.
It pissed me off and I decided I would have not of that. I put my screw gun in reverse and started pulling screws out as fast as I could. Lawyer dude asked what I was doing. I told him that I had about a week building this thing but I should be able to have it dismantled by morning and I intended to stay all night taking my work apart.
Lawyer dude sort of freaked out. I told him that the negotiated price was firm and I would continue to dismantle until I had a certified money order or cashiers check, that I didn't trust him to not stop payment on a personal check. He asked me to stop dismantling while he went to get a check. I complied.
He returned with a cashiers check that I promptly put in my pocket and I ALMOST finished the deck. I didn't re-install the stuff I had taken apart. I rounded him up and asked him to take a look at my finished work. He asked about those missing pieces. I told him we could renegotiate re-installation of parts disassembled due to his being a lawyer asshole. He was fuming!!!! HAHAHA! We came to an agreement and I demanded cash up front.
The funniest part, to me, was his wife was laughing about the entire ordeal and giving me some flirtatious looks and encouragement. I hope she took him for more than half his net worth.
Sounds like a good life lesson for a guy not used to losing.

Reactions: Bender
"build my miniature giraffe a golden toilet and we'll see whats up when I decide to 'lose my wallet' for 2 or 3 days afterwards."

I laughed way too fucking hard at that..

Thank you @TheGerman

I agree. More info. Based off the facts and the society we live in... I say..

He jumped the gun, there probably is some heated dialog between him and the woman about payment. The German has merit to the fact the bill was due a week before he broke the shit.

I don't know about all of you; but I'm sure at some point most have had a bill get behind the agreed apon date. I did once on dental. Glad the doc didn't come to my work and rip my filling back out. That would have been fun to see..

Best course of action would have been to remind the woman with a letterhead bill once a week and then after a month small claims court.

Now he fucked up the shower and made the news. When this goes to court and now it will.. He's got nothing. She'll say he owes her for the work she paid for($3000) . He'll say she owes him for the work she didn't pay for($4000).

He smashed all the work he did. He entered her home without her permission( roomate had no legal reason to allow him in) and cracked the drywall in the adjacent room.

Either court is gonna side with her most likely and say he should have went to small claims..

Pay your bills.

That's not what a
That's not what a punch list is for......
We all know a punch list is a check off list after a project is completed or nearing completion. The fact the woman didn't go off a punch list as soon as the job was completed, if there ever was a list, instead she 'wanted to use the shower to see if she liked it' shows she was just another deadbeat.

Last edited:
One time, had this lady hit me up to build a driveway gate. She was a lawyer/engineer combo, so you know this ends well.

she sent me an exact drawing of the frame she wanted built. Cool, nbd, here’s the price on what you drew.

I fab it all up and go install it. Lady emails me that night, hey why didn’t you put a diagonal piece from the top corner to the bottom corner? Well that’s not what you drew I built what you drew, like you wanted but nbd I’ll come put on in, on the house.

go do it the next day. Get home, another email, hey why didn’t you put tabs for me to mount my wood too? Well that’s not what you drew I built what you drew, like you wanted but nbd I’ll come weld them on, nbd, on the house.

I go put them in the next day. That evening here we go again, another email, hey I talk to an engineering buddy of mine, I want the post sunk 2’ deeper into the ground because reasons.

so I email back, of course nbd I’ll be back out tomorrow to fix it.

show up with my trailer, I wrap chain around the post, yank that bitch out the ground, with some nice 4lo and 1000 ft/lbs of torque, pull it onto the trailer, and off I go. Went home and set it up at my house. Left her a nice big hole in the ground and a mess to clean up.

never heard from her again

What’s a punch list?
When your going through a project. It's basically a to do list. When your finished with a project it's a things to check and verify list.

@TexPatriot I'm a union piplayer by trade. Well... non union now that I moved home. But anyways. I hear you on a shower. When I first moved home I worked for my cousin. He has a plumbing and heating business that's very successful. It's just him and his brother. They bang out two showers and plumb nearly a whole house in one day.

With pex line and vents out the ceiling. Sinks, toilets, fridge whatever else. I never saw a list, he rarely referenced the prints and everything was perfect.

A $7000 bathroom is a little more then a $700 tub and shower. I'd probably have a list. My cousins probably not.

Sure I cheer for the guy that felt wronged and got what he thought he deserved.

But there was no tact in it. The current world we live in literally considers most of us on this site domestic tally ban. The morals and codes we have aren't the norm anymore.

So I say he fucked up. There's more to it then we know. But I think he jumped the gun. And was retarded to smash it. Now he's out the time AND still out the money.

Oh but wait.....

Anyone want to try and figure out why after demanding money 'communication broke down' after looking at this...

Yeah, I'd come back and hit this shit with a hammer too.

Attachments

• Tile.jpg
    Tile.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 208
  • tile2.jpg
    tile2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 217
  • tile3.jpg
    tile3.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 204
When your going through a project. It's basically a to do list. When your finished with a project it's a things to check and verify list.

@TexPatriot I'm a union piplayer by trade. Well... non union now that I moved home. But anyways. I hear you on a shower. When I first moved home I worked for my cousin. He has a plumbing and heating business that's very successful. It's just him and his brother. They bang out two showers and plumb nearly a whole house in one day.

With pex line and vents out the ceiling. Sinks, toilets, fridge whatever else. I never saw a list, he rarely referenced the prints and everything was perfect.

A $7000 bathroom is a little more then a $700 tub and shower. I'd probably have a list. My cousins probably not.

Sure I cheer for the guy that felt wronged and got what he thought he deserved.

But there was no tact in it. The current world we live in literally considers most of us on this site domestic tally ban. The morals and codes we have aren't the norm anymore.

So I say he fucked up. There's more to it then we know. But I think he jumped the gun. And was retarded to smash it. Now he's out the time AND still out the money.
I agree. I've been ripped off before, still am ripped off. I have enough in pending Liens I could pay cash for a new F-350.

Most people in my business either refuse to finish the job unless paid in full or they pad the contract price 10% to leave on the table, knowing they probably won't get it but it's a bonus if they do.

Reactions: camocorvette
@TexPatriot On one side of the coin I'm thankfull I work for some one that can take the hit and my paycheck doesn't change. That shit would jade the hell out of me.

@TheGerman thats some @THEIS dedication to the facts.

That "contractor" did a shit job. That changes alot of factors. I'm done for the night. Have fun with that

Reactions: stefan73
From the link and site pictures, this now seems to make a bit more sense. You know, for those of us with actual real world decision making prowess who aren't actual morons.

I'm guessing it went something like this:

Chick paid deposit and work started

Work was completed and looked like royal dogshit

Contractor wants paid 30 seconds after 'finishing'

Chick was like WTF I'm not paying for this shit and wants it fixed

Contractor goes on about how this looks fine or is 'within spec' or 'industry standard' or any of the 30 bullshit things I've heard quoted before

Chick is like LOL no

Argument ensues where contractor doesn't want to fix anything and talks about liens and calling the cops, etc. Chick mentions calling the news or whoever so they can come see just how fucking awful this work is

Instead of fixing his shit fuck job -or- because he somehow felt insulted because he truly believed this was top tier work (LOL) the contractor RAAAAAGgGGGGGGGEEEEEDDDDD in chick's bathroom while playing Harvestor of Sorrows in his head the entire time and kills 2 birds with 1 stone; gets 'even' while at the same time, destroying any evidence of his Corky Thatcher level of craftsmanship.

@TexPatriot

Your friend called. He wants to play your favorite game with you.

The key to tile work is to look at those imperfections and just kind of swipe your thumb over it, then ignore it.

Reactions: Ravenworks
From the link and site pictures, this now seems to make a bit more sense. You know, for those of us with actual real world decision making prowess who aren't actual morons.

I'm guessing it went something like this:

Chick paid deposit and work started

Work was completed and looked like royal dogshit

Contractor wants paid 30 seconds after 'finishing'

Chick was like WTF I'm not paying for this shit and wants it fixed

Contractor goes on about how this looks fine or is 'within spec' or 'industry standard' or any of the 30 bullshit things I've heard quoted before

Chick is like LOL no

Argument ensues where contractor doesn't want to fix anything and talks about liens and calling the cops, etc. Chick mentions calling the news or whoever so they can come see just how fucking awful this work is

Instead of fixing his shit fuck job -or- because he somehow felt insulted because he truly believed this was top tier work (LOL) the contractor RAAAAAGgGGGGGGGEEEEEDDDDD in chick's bathroom while playing Harvestor of Sorrows in his head the entire time and kills 2 birds with 1 stone; gets 'even' while at the same time, destroying any evidence of his Corky Thatcher level of craftsmanship.

@TexPatriot

Your friend called. He wants to play your favorite game with you.

While everyone, including myself goes to bed, the seething butthurt and juvenile insults continue, now with props...

Because he's 'usually right' folks.

I bet you're a real blast at parties, and they all have one, the self appointed expert who crashes the conversation with his superior knowledge and feels threatened, contradicting anyone with actual intelligence by responding with "Not necessarily, blah, blah, blah..." until everyone walks away, leaving you standing there looking like the giant dick you are.

You're trying too hard, genius.

Sweet baby Jesus, this looks like my 7 year old did the work. Real winner here guys. I'd have paid the guy too, with a 2x4 upside the head. 🤣

View attachment 7704313
But delaying payment and using the shower to see if she likes it will correct that work? If sloppy tilework was the problem, using the shower wasn't the answer.

The customer should have said before the contractor left it looks sloppy and she wants it corrected. Instead, she may have thought it was sloppy but that was a good excuse to blow him off and not pay him, hoping he'd go away. She proved that by using the shower.

Reactions: camocorvette
But delaying payment and using the shower to see if she likes it will correct that work? If sloppy tilework was the problem, using the shower wasn't the answer.

The customer should have said before the contractor left it looks sloppy and she wants it corrected. Instead, she may have thought it was sloppy but that was a good excuse to blow him off and not pay him, hoping he'd go away. She proved that by using the shower.

Given the guys exhibited rage issues, and the customer apparently being a single female, she was probably intimidated as shit and was saying anything to get the guy out of her house.

What happened here is the guy, or his subs, did a shitty job and he was trying to exit the scene with payment, thinking he could push around the customer. Didn't work out the way he wanted.

We get it, both sides get screwed sometimes. You just picked the wrong one to defend in this case.

that was the old school way of getting people to clean their chimney

chimney sweep would put a glass plate...smoke or bad burn
drop a rock
glass drops into the furnace
he cleans the furnace anyway
no one knows

used to happen in Manhattan back when there were coal furnaces in the basement of apartments

Given the guys exhibited rage issues, and the customer apparently being a single female, she was probably intimidated as shit and was saying anything to get the guy out of her house.

What happened here is the guy, or his subs, did a shitty job and he was trying to exit the scene with payment, thinking he could push around the customer. Didn't work out the way he wanted.

We get it, both sides get screwed sometimes. You just picked the wrong one to defend in this case.
So I got accused by some previous moron to 'jumping to conclusions'. There is no one saying, including the customer, that she was intimidated by the contractor because he had rage issues. Otherwise, as a single, defenseless female that would have been her first excuse for shafting the contractor.

I stand behind my argument because I've witnessed it in construction. A customer doesn't want to pay because 'there are issues.' The contractor asks 'what are the issues' so he can address them. The customer refuses to be specific, won't communicate, answer emails or the phone and gets his product for a huge discount.

That's nothing I know of a local contractor who was hired to build a large two story home on the customers lot. The customer made several large addons to the original plan ( arched garage door openings, a widows walk on the roof) and more. When completed they refused to pay for them. The builder took a chainsaw to the framed two story house dropping it to the ground!

Last edited: