• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Control or push feed for ELR?

BoulderE89

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2019
St. George, UT
Looking to get into longer range shooting this year and wondered…what is preferred between controlled feed and push feed? I have only ran push feed in my short action comp guns.

I run a Defiance Deviant Tactical.....and you will see a wide variety of actions on match day. It doesn't matter...the guy that can read the wind the best that day is usually the winner.

Assuming you’re a typical ELR shooter, you’re probably single loading in the shooting position, in which case it doesn’t matter if you have a push feed action or a snap over controlled round feed.

Some controlled round feed actions cannot snap over something that you toss into the magwell ejection port; watch out for that!

Last edited:
Assuming you’re a typical ELR shooter, you’re probably single loading in the shooting position, in which case it doesn’t matter if you have a push feed action or a snap over controlled round feed.

Some controlled round feed actions cannot snap over something that you toss into the magwell; watch out for that!

Great point, that’s why I prefer my push feed guns in NRL/PRS settings

Lol
I single feed ELR rounds into a controlled round feed action.
27E88365-E041-451D-AB72-9F7BBBD28DDF.jpeg

I have a magazine for my 375ct but have never used it as all the bullets I have tried are not even close to fitting. I think the only bullet that would fit would be the 350 SMK which I don't use as I am set up for solids.

Reactions: Steel head
Holy hell that’s a round right there.

I should have been more clear on my question, I want a repeater setup (300 PRC) so from the mag what’s ideal?
Personally, I’m a huge fan of the ARC Archimedes because of how easy extraction is with a slightly sticky case. Works fine from the mag or the ejection port.

Personally, I’m a huge fan of the ARC Archimedes because of how easy extraction is with a slightly sticky case. Works fine from the mag or the ejection port.
Yea
The levering primary extraction on the Archimedes would certainly be an asset with sticky cases.