• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Convenient Ammo

tcoffin

Private
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2010
maine
I conveniently live within an hour’s drive of 3 different ranges that all hold 3 gun, IDPA, and high power matches on rotating weekends. I was thinking about going to these matches (with the clubs permission of course) and offering bulk ammo/reloading components(primarly powder and primers, due to that fact that its a pain in the ass to pay a 20 dollar hazmat fee for 4 or 5k primers) at prices comparable to internet prices. The ammo for sale would be based on what type of match was taking place (i.e. IDPA 40,9mm,45,38,357). If something like that were to happen at your local range would that interest you. Just trying to get some feed back before i spend any more money

Re: Convenient Ammo

Components would probably sell, not certain about loaded ammo. Most folks that shoot matches tend to come prepared and don't want to depend on an outside party for their ammo needs.

Guys that shoot high volume tend to be cheap bastards though and will try to drive your prices down! Either that or they will want to pay the same low price on a pound of powder or 500 primers same as if they were buying a case of powder or a sleeve of primers.

I can't tell from your post, but if you are a dealer, actively engaged in the business of selling ammunition loaded by a licensed manufacturer, then you should be okay (with the permission of the clubs in question of course).

HOWEVER...and this is where your post is unclear...if you are talking about ammunition that you, yourself, have reloaded/manufactured, then you need a license for manufacturing without which you are in violation of federal law the moment you offer your reloads/manufactured ammo for sale/trade. 18 U.S.C. 922(a)(i), 18 U.S.C. 923(a), and 27 CFR 478.41.

Just an FYI...not worth the major fines/possible jail time!
wink.gif

Good luck!!

There is a guy who does that here in Wyoming. He has pretty good prices and I stock up when I see him.

The problem with Wyoming is things are few and far between. If we could find the components he offers we couldnt get them at his prices.

I don't think he sells re-loaded ammo though. Normally a crowd at the back of his truck after the match.

Primers and powders are on the shelves in bulk now. So a simple run to ones local shooting store will net anyone primers and powder. My local stores have even been lowering the price one primers and powders to pre-freak levels. Your area might be different but I wouldn't buy powder/primers from somebody at the range when I could just run to the local store and get everything I want/need.

Yep I'm in the same boat as you, being in eastern Maine. some gun shops have powder/primers/bullets, but usually they just order from the same places that you our i would, so your paying for the powder/shipping/and markup. the nearest place to get decent prices (without the shipping) is cabelas which is about 3 hours south. I was planning on selling only factory ammo and reloading components, not my own reloads. thanks

You may want to check with the local clubs .... they may want a cut of the business ... which I wouldnt blame them.