• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Convert 6mm Remington 6 digit action to 6 creed??

Charlie112

Herd Thinner
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2017
USA
I am hoping this is the correct place to ask and receive an answer to this question. I have a 6mm Remington ADL rifle, with a 6 digit action, all factory, and was wondering if I can use this action for a 6 creed or Winchester 243 build. I am thinking possible a 6 creed build, but not sure about the Winchester 243, any thoughts?
Thanks, Charlie112

Yes- that action could be used for either of those. You could also put a quality barrel back on it in 6mm Rem.... it doesn't give up anything to either of the other options- I prefer it. But not as many factory ammo options.

If you can rebarrel to a 6 creed then you can rebarrel to a 243 as they both use the same bolt face. Do you know if yours is a long action? I believe I read somewhere the 6 remingtons were. If that's the case, it's probably best you stick to long action cartridges.

I am hoping this is the correct place to ask and receive an answer to this question. I have a 6mm Remington ADL rifle, with a 6 digit action, all factory, and was wondering if I can use this action for a 6 creed or Winchester 243 build. I am thinking possible a 6 creed build, but not sure about the Winchester 243, any thoughts?
Thanks, Charlie112

The bolt head is the same for all tou listed. You can build pretty much any short action cartridge, except little cases like .223...

Thanks for the reply’s, I will check in the long action, I have not researched this rifle completely. I had thought about replacing the barrel and retaining the 6mm caliber, but as was stated, not a lot of factory ammo.
The action has a clip slot machined in the rear only, which I believe is for a stripper clip.
Thanks , Charlie112

Thanks for the reply’s, I will check in the long action, I have not researched this rifle completely. I had thought about replacing the barrel and retaining the 6mm caliber, but as was stated, not a lot of factory ammo.
The action has a clip slot machined in the rear only, which I believe is for a stripper clip.
Thanks , Charlie112
I added a couple of pics of the action, I don't believe this is a long action, that is a 243 round. Charlie112

Attachments

• thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Remington 6mm.jpg
    Remington 6mm.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 30