• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Convert a QD socket to non-rotating?

Bitchtitsbob

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2020
Libtardtopia
Is there a kit or an insert that can convert a QD socket to non-rotating? My handguard on my gas gun has QD sockets in front and back on both sides, which is nice, but I just wish they were non-rotating.

Are there any products out there? I might get desperate enough to bore it out and I'll fucking bubba it and epoxy a Grovtec in there if I have to... Or I'll just live with it.

Not gonna get a new handguard, it bothers me enough to consider bubbaing it, but not enough to want a new handguard. Because bubba. BUBBA.

could you weld a pin or drill in a set screw beside it to limit the movement?

I thought about set screws or maybe some sort of spot weld on the inside to make a nub, but I’m not sure how clean it’d look.

Also considered this since it looks like it’d fit over the hole, but it’d take away from the sleek lines of the handguard, and I might as well use an Mlok slot for a QD socket for less headache.

I’ll just live with it, I guess. Thought it was worth a shot. Thanks anyway.