• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Convert Anschutz 54 super match?

Incahoots

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2019
Anyone know how you'd go about converting an old Anshultz 54 Super match to benchrest or silhouette? There was a guy that was converting them to repeaters but he isn't doing it anymore. 3 position is dead in my area anymore and would like to breath new life into the Super Match

Penrod Precision does coversions. But it would be better to sell you 54 and buy what you want. Its not cheap to change a single shot 54 into a repeater

Reactions: RTH1800
Unfortunately, that's just not an option. My grandfather used it in competition and I also did in the 90's. Quite a bit of sentimental value. That would be the best option if it wasn't for that.

From what I understand I'd need to replace the bolt with a repeater MSR bolt. That alone pushes the price way up. I'd consider it if it could be done for $1,500 total but that's not looking likely atm. I'm guessing all said and done I should just buy a silhouette Anschutz.

Keep the 54 teach you kids to shoot with it. Tell the history of the rifle. If you ever change it it wont be the same rifle you or your grandfather shot. Leave it like it is. It is something to pass down. Not many people do it any more. I have the first rifle i ever built for my daughter in giving it to one of my granddaughters. ITS STAYING LIKE IT IS