• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Convert Atlas folding mechanism to Harris style?

SGTMIKE86

Private
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2023
Miamisburg, OH
Guys;

Has anyone found a way to convert the folding mechanism of the Atlas bipod to a quicker fold-open mechanism such as the Harris mechanism where you can easily “flip” the legs open?

I hope I am making sense.

Thanks in advance!

Guys;

Has anyone found a way to convert the folding mechanism of the Atlas bipod to a quicker fold-open mechanism such as the Harris mechanism where you can easily “flip” the legs open?

Thanks in advance!
It is possible. It’s called Slapjax but they void the Atlas warranty.

Reactions: Secant and Tperry
Guys;

Thanks in advance!
Yes you are making sense! Thank you for your patronage.
Answer is no we do not make nor offer a conversion to imitate the function of a Harris style bipod, that bipod already existed. Nor do we support or condone aftermarket parts for our products that require disassembly of same. Fact is anything that is held "in place" by a spring can and will move when so pressured intentionally or accidentally. The military requirements (SCAR Program) we followed as a guideline in designing the Atlas required all functionality be intentional and positions be positive which was done. There were also weight requirements we stayed under that really touched all aspects of designing the Atlas.
This is our 25th year in business, while there are a lot of moving pieces, Lord willing, we hope to bring out some springy things that will not be boxed in by weight requirements!