• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing converting a AICS from being fixed into a folder?

BJ343

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2012
Australia
Does anyone have any experience with converting a AICS from being a fixed into a folder? If so would you be kind enough to share some insights. Why not just buy a folder you ask? Well the answer is it is illegal to import a folder to Australia, but it is not illegal to own one in my state. (yep laws get pretty screwed all over) So I am OK to import or buy a fixed stock and the state law does not prohibit modifying a chassis, our law is one of overall length and I will still satisfy that with a 24inch barrel and a folding stock. The reason I want a folder is I like the long barrels and only have a small car and it will not fit in the trunk or boot is.