• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing converting AICS mags for 6mmbr feeding

Re: converting AICS mags for 6mmbr feeding

I have that article already. Didn't go into too much info on mag work. I have a 1-14 twist and shoot 68 grainers and have a shorter OAL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldreliable45120</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have that article already. Didn't go into too much info on mag work. I have a 1-14 twist and shoot 68 grainers and have a shorter OAL. </div></div>

Like in the article this will only work with long heavy bullets seated out. If you try and use light weight bullets seated to specs they will not feed from the mag. The feed lips of the mag will drop the case before the bullet tip will start into the chamber.

Use a 223 aics mag. grind it open to 0.400, it'll work well. Ran 70gr ballistic tips out of my 6br that way as well as 107smk's. You'll get 7 in the mag.