• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Converting my handguns and AR to .22lr...

pklin1297

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2008
Fontana, CA
Starting with my Kimber 1911. Am planning to get either the Wilson Combat .22 conversion kit, or the Marvel Unit 2 conversion kit. I've had the Kimber conversion kit and it was a bag of problems and would not function reliably regardless what I fed it... Anyway, wondering if anyone here has had experience with the Wilson Combat kit (which is basically a Marvel Unit 2, made by Marvel). From some other reviews it seems it doesn't measure up to the Marvel in terms of accuracy which is odd, since I don't think Marvel would purposely make the Wilson unit less accurate...

Also going to get the CMMG kit for my AR, still researching which unit to get on that... Any suggestions on this one would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Converting my handguns and AR to .22lr...

Take a look at the Tactical Solutions 2211 upper for 1911's I have one and its solid for sure.

As far as AR conversions, Ive tried the spike's drop in kit it was ok but finicky as most conversions are. Then I picked up a Nordic Components dedicated upper, and what a difference. It runs like a top no issues with it at all and I have about 4000 rds through mine to date. Needless to say I suggest a Nordic Components dedicated uppers

AS

Re: Converting my handguns and AR to .22lr...

Thanks AS, I was looking at the Nordic dedicated uppers as well...