• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Converting sling stud to picatinny rail

IDbound

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2011
Central Kansas
Probably a stupid question but what's new? I have an AR with a metal hand guard and a wood stocked bolt gun that only have the sling stud on which to mount the related bipods. I want all my guns to be able to work with my Altas bipod that uses a small pic rail. I am wondering if I need to drill another hole in both of these stocks to attach a two holed pic rail or if there is a suitable adaptor out there? I am trying to find something that doesn't have another sling stud protruding that will interfere with my Atlas. Also wondering if one screw is sufficient to handle mounting my Atlas bipod to a 10-12lb. gun?

Cheap, easy, works with my Atlas.
16448911281953896986402340664295.jpg

Thanks for your response. Does the single "screw" provide sufficient support. (Sure beats drilling another hole in the metal hand guard!)

What is the make and model of the wood stock? I'd use two anchor pints to mount a pic rail, because I break shit.....but it may be worth trying a device as listed above to start.
Here's a decent guide on drilling an inserting a t-nut for a second mounting point.

Last edited:
Atlas has parts to add a rail.

I like the Atlas pic rails. It’s worth adding the second mounting point for me. I’ve been using them for over ten years and they get some serious use.

Did I say that I think it’s worth it if you plan on using the rifle a lot?

Reactions: Rebel Rooster
Probably a stupid question but what's new? I have an AR with a metal hand guard and a wood stocked bolt gun that only have the sling stud on which to mount the related bipods. I want all my guns to be able to work with my Altas bipod that uses a small pic rail. I am wondering if I need to drill another hole in both of these stocks to attach a two holed pic rail or if there is a suitable adaptor out there? I am trying to find something that doesn't have another sling stud protruding that will interfere with my Atlas. Also wondering if one screw is sufficient to handle mounting my Atlas bipod to a 10-12lb. gun?
The ar may need another handguard if you have to go drilling holes but that’s what you’re gonna have to do on the wood stock. Just get an atlas pic rail and their T nut package and drill the hole and mount it up.