• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

convertion kit ?

Re: convertion kit ?

I think that is a negative on Clark's...they discontinued their .17 Mach 2 stuff last I heard unless they still have some laying around.

I think that Volquartsen still offers all the parts you'll need for a conversion. Just pull up their site and run a search for ".17 Mach 2" and you should get hits for what you need: https://www.volquartsen.com/

Clark Custom guns 10/17 parts have ben Discontinued and i can not justify Volquartsen's prices for a rimfire thank you for the heads up though!

I expect you'll get some more responses back on RFC, though there seems to be less interest lately. The main concerns are OOB discharges. Bolt weight and spring balance seem critical, along with a squeaky clean chamber. Most are built not really as kits. Pick a barrel, add a heavy charging handle and springs, wear your safety glasses.

Seems like EA Brown offered a barrel/bolt combo.

I know that you can get tungstun weighted bolts,from CPC, no heavy handle sticking out ...and you can use a ruger 77 barrel from Green Mtn., and a spacer kit from Rimfire Technologies....The weighted bolts work pretty well because Randy also pins the firing pin and has the face squared at,425 depth...also the 77 barell has a little tighter chamber.....mine works pretty good....PS stick with the shorter barrels 16 1/2-17"..pressure curve is wicked. Brown don't sell them anymore. I think the bigest problem with these is inconsistant ammo..