• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cookie Cutter brake on a PRS gun.

spamassassin

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
If you make it to the bottom, you're a pimp. Also, yes, my bench is a fuggin disaster.

There's that Chode brake which caught my eye but it's still of the rearward pointing ports kind of brake that makes my skin crawl. They're so obnoxious to be around. Not just for the shooter but especially for bystanders. I liked the single port notion but not the blast direction. However, this got me to thinking. Then while trolling YT I came across the Strike Industries Cookie Cutter brake and my mind got slowly into first gear. I only really wanted a brake as muzzle protection. I mean, the rifle's a 6XC. It's not like it has much recoil to begin with. Though, from atop the tripod it really super needed a brake to be able to spot impacts well. Ok... they're cheap as all get out, I think, why not just order one up and try it out.

Among my first thoughts was, "this could be the most horrible brake in the universe to be around and that's sometimes fun at a match, especially if we're shooting underneath the steel roof." My second thought was, "If Andy's going to beat me this time, I'm going to beat his nerves into paste all day." Ahhh. The best laid plans of mice.

Turns out it's the single most pleasant brake I've ever used, noise wise. Recoil mitigation was what I've come to expect from most decent brakes. Nothing special but it did it in only 1 chamber. The noise level came into crystal clear focus during the match. I was on a stage where we had to constantly transition between targets and with the time pressure I got a little sloppy in my form and squeezed my shoulder up toward my ear instead of adjusting my body to be more properly behind the rifle and my right earmuff came off just as I flicked the loud switch. It sounded like an unbraked rifle does under the canopy. Nothing like as horrible as any other braked rifle I've encountered under a steel roof.

So now I get a lot of requests to paint my rifle flesh tone with veins and I'm seriously considering it. The question I have for the Hide is, how does one get the appearance of veins underneath flesh? I mean, do I start with a full desert sand coating and then dust that with blue or purple, then tape off the veins and do a cover coat with desert sand, then pull the tape lines or? And what about the tip? I mean brick color might be a little dark (any ideas there?). At least there's no foreskin question because this rifle has been circumcised in accordance with God's law. Thankfully, despite being in California, it is not yet required that I neuter it.

The other question is the magazine... Do I take a set of truck nuts and split those down the middle and put one half on each side of the magazine, or do I just hang a set from the back of the ARCA rail or ? I mean, if it's going to be a dick it's gotta have balls right?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 9.21.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 9.21.55 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 160
Get you a double drum mag, that shit will look way more phallic than some truck nutz hung underneath.

87ad555ca78b98fb7f8f8ec81cf635a0.jpg

As for the veins, have you thought about modelling some 3D veins onto your rifle and painting it up that way?

Get you a double drum mag, that shit will look way more phallic than some truck nutz hung underneath.

View attachment 7557228

As for the veins, have you thought about modelling some 3D veins onto your rifle and painting it up that way?
Ok... for argument's sake: Modelling out of what? Play-dough? Bondo? Reverse fluting? And about the double drum mag. Ignoring for the moment CALIFORNIA... does anyone make a 100rd drum mag in AICS pattern?