• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cool Cop v.s. Citizen Open Carry of MP5 Clone 22LR

shankster..

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2004
North Idaho
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sj9wahCTz08"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sj9wahCTz08" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Cool Cop v.s. Citizen Open Carry of MP5 Clone 22LR

Well that went well...actually surprisingly well. Great job by the police wherever they are from.

Good job by that officer. We need more like him out on the streets.

Why is it that some people feel this need to lay bait for such encounters? Does it bolster 2A or does it just generate needless ire? Every time I see one of these things my ears just about bleed from the level of whine.

the guy carrying the firearm is a fucking D-bag. He could of just as easily walked down the street with a shotgun or bolt action rifle, but instead her purposefully chose a gun that looked like a SMG, and that any idiot 2A nonsupporter would confuse with an automatic weapon. What a fucking retard. Because of his stupid choice, there are probably more people now that dont support 2A.

This fuckin idiot goes through various cities to "test" the towns friendliness to the 2nd Amendment. One day he's going to figure out if you go looking for trouble enough you're likely to find it and not where you thought it would be from...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bDJf4Aye8sw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bDJf4Aye8sw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XVs5zCUvuGw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XVs5zCUvuGw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

People like this do more harm than good. All the kid wanted was a confrontation. Unfortunately for him, it didn't go his way. Even after the cop told his all was good and he was free to go, they still tried to press the issue.

Dude killed him with kindness and left him on the side of the road with nothing.

Those two kids were doing their very best to be confrontational little passive-agressive pricks. The officer was a rock-star! Very well done indeed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is it that some people feel this need to lay bait for such encounters? Does it bolster 2A or does it just generate needless ire? Every time I see one of these things my ears just about bleed from the level of whine. </div></div>

I tend to agree. It seems to me this gentleman was trying to bait the officer into doing something illegal or unconstitutional so he could get it on video, only it didn't turn out like he probably thought it would.

A job well done by the officer. A fine example of how calmly explaining what he's doing and why's he doing it can really diffuse a potentially volatile encounter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is it that some people feel this need to lay bait for such encounters? Does it bolster 2A or does it just generate needless ire? Every time I see one of these things my ears just about bleed from the level of whine.</div></div>

Just another form of attention whoring. The Internet has made it easier to say "LOOK AT ME!!!!".

And with Youtube, you can show people that you went somewhere to get other people to watch you say "LOOK AT ME!!!", so it's really "LOOK AT ME!!!" squared, or expressed numerically LAM^2.

I've seen a few of this guy's vids posted. He normally manages to find cops that are at least equally douchey. This cop, did he say Mike North?, is fantastic. I only watched to about half because after he gives the gun back wtf do I care? He discharged his duties with efficentcy and authority.

Wow! Bravo to the cop, very well done, especially considering this punk wanted a confrontation and kept baiting him. I also appreciate the police dept.'s ability to not go nuclear and pack out the SWAT team and everything else, that's refreshing in this day an age where over-reactions are the norm.

I agree witht the above statements, with one qualification. The officer said "You mus admit you have given me <span style="color: #990000">"reasonable suspicion to assume </span> ". Why? If Im walking down the streedt with a baseball bat is that "reasonable suspicion to assume" that Im going to bash someones head in. NOPE. Its just a sign of the times we live in today. Theres an old saying about assumptions. No disrespect to the officer involved, he did a great job of dealing with a situation he probably didnt want to deal with. And I loved his line about.."With you guys in the neighborhood there wont be much crime"..That was great.
laugh.gif

Well done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is it that some people feel this need to lay bait for such encounters? Does it bolster 2A or does it just generate needless ire? Every time I see one of these things my ears just about bleed from the level of whine. </div></div>

Yup.

I want to say that it's an unnecessary exercise, but that's not really true. It's important that people do exercise their rights, but the way these kids go at it isn't the smartest.

Do it, but don't do it to invite trouble. Common sense goes a long way I suppose.

Officer was outstanding. The guys setting up the 'bait' should have something better to do than this...

That kind of behavior makes lawful firearms owners look bad. And if they 'do' bait an officer or get some kind of reaction from the public (or police) that causes panic or an incident... it makes everyone's job harder.

Proud to call that officer a 'brother.' Hope my fellow 2nd Amendment supporters don't think this is a great way to spend their time. But then again... I also take seriously my responsibility to defend their first Amendment right to act like a jackass... ;-)

Cheers,

Sirhr

i can't stand people like this.

Wow, excellent work. I make it down to K-Falls fairly often, I might just find that officer and buy him a cup of coffee.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, excellent work. I make it down to K-Falls fairly often, I might just find that officer and buy him a cup of coffee. </div></div>

Buy him a beer. Shit, tell him to join up on Sniper's Hide! We could use more folks with that level of professionalism.

Well done by the officer. Very well played. I like how he offered them a class and a job.

This guy has been through several of the communities in SW OR (local to me); from what I understand in every case it goes about like the K-Falls tape. And if it was a title II weapon, and he had ID and his paper work (yeah he doesn't have to show it to LE, but why be a douche and force the whole 'its a tax document and I don't have to show it to you thing') it'd go the same way. In fact, I have been pulled over for expired tags with an SBR w/ a mounted can on the front seat next to me in plain view, and nothing more than - "get yer tags taken care of" was the extent of the interaction. No requests for paper work, in fact no concern whatsoever related to the weapon.

General speaking LE in these parts are pretty reasonable folks that literally are your neighbor, and treat you as such.

While I 'get' what he is doing and I am supportive of his right, he really needs to change tact. Besides, if you want to really know what someone else thinks - stop talking and listen. If LE approaches and asks questions - answer in a 'yes' / 'no' fashion and see where the conversation goes. Hint - probably the same place, just faster and with less drama.

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: treebasher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This officer is awesome! </div></div>

Kudos. I can't say I disagree with the concept of exercising lawful open carry, but I don't think I would exercise it. It seems to scare too many liberals, and this event definitely put this citizen in danger wantonly.

I'm not a fan of increasing my risk of death or serious bodily harm for no apparent reason.

Perhaps if this were a protest against the UN small arms treaty and people openly carried M4's that would have some purpose and mitigated risk by virtue of being a pre-planned and permitted protest for instance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0481</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well done by the officer. Very well played. I like how he offered them a class and a job. </div></div>

I wish it was that easy up here in Wisconsin. PD interviews pit you against 200-300 applicants for 3-8 jobs up here. That's pretty hard to get excited about.

That cop was bad ass.

That kid was a moron. I get exercising your rights but to sit there and lecture the officer on his rights without them being violated is pretty dick. Especially since the officer was knowledgable on the subject and extended the offer to teach the kids about and how to shoot full autos.

When I get pulled over I tell the cop I have a gun and sometimes they ask what it is.

Sorry, but I don't believe in making a scene and or exercising my right to be a fucktard.

Gunowners that do such do nothing positive in my mind.

Welcome to generation "look at me I am somebody".

Hat's off to the officer. Most lawdogs around here wouldn't have handled it in that fashion. (trust me, I know many of them)

You sure put that cop in a position where he was doomed for failure. He handled it well. Good job officer! Now he's famous (or infamous) here on the 'Hide. His backup sure helped out a lot!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reximus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">His backup sure helped out a lot!</div></div>

His back-up was smart and recognized the officer was handling the situation. Why should he open his mouth and possibly insert a foot needlessly?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reximus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">His backup sure helped out a lot!</div></div>

His back-up was smart and recognized the officer was handling the situation. Why should he open his mouth and possibly insert a foot needlessly? </div></div>

Exactly! He handled his part just as well as the main player did his.

I think his backup should have exercised (some, and no I have no room to speak) his right to carry a side by side and stand back as he did.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Griffin Armament</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: treebasher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This officer is awesome! </div></div>

Kudos. I can't say I disagree with the concept of, and this event definitely put this citizen in danger exercising lawful open carry, but I don't think I would exercise it. <span style="color: #CC0000">It seems to scare too many liberalswantonly </span> .

I'm not a fan of increasing my risk of death or serious bodily harm for no apparent reason.

Perhaps if this were a protest against the UN small arms treaty and people openly carried M4's that would have some purpose and mitigated risk by virtue of being a pre-planned and permitted protest for instance. </div></div>

If every gun owner open carried all the time the libs would get used to it and it wouldnt be an issue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GUNNER75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think his backup should have exercised (some, and no I have no room to speak) his right to carry a side by side and stand back as he did. </div></div>

lol... I agree but this might have offended or intimidated the "subject".

That kid could not get laid in a cat house with 500 bucks. He just wants attention and made an ass of himself.

Really in todays world, with all the gun violence, we want to take cops away from doing thier job so we can push our gun rights?

Waste of tax payers money. The kid should have to pay for the call for misuse of emergency services.

The fuckers are stuck on stupid

Open Carrying a .22LR Replica of an MP5 kind of brands you as both a bit of a looser and an attention whore at the same time.

So then the poor cop gets a call from some liberal concerned citizen and now has to try to figure out if the guy is just an attention seeking asshat who is a waste of time, or someone who is actually deranged and looking to kill / get killed.

Maybe if he really wanted to protest about his lack of concealed carry rights, he could try carrying a nice american 1911 with the slide locked back and a chamber flag in (that is visible) while wearing a shirt or carrying a sign that explains what he is protesting & possibly have some flyers to hand out to people he meets.

As he is now, I think he is doing way more harm to the cause than he realizes.

I would bet however that if he walked around feeling all cool with his replica on and nobody stopped him and the cops just passed him by with a laugh he would go home feeling really sad that nobody paid him any attention HA!

I want to punch that dude so badly after watching and reading his comment.

Glad he got a good cop and not one that gets spooked easily.

Man... watching that really upset me.

I don't know guys. While I can agree that it's bad form, he really did nothing wrong.

I truly believe that LEO needs to be educated about open-carry laws.

NOW, on the same argument, I do understand the opponents view. If some homeboy is walking down my development with an AK-47 slung to his side Somalia-style, then yeah I would be a bit nervous.

This is a hard topic to pick sides on, as I don't think anyone can argue one way or the other (intelligently) without seeing the other side's point of view.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JelloStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know guys. While I can agree that it's bad form, he really did nothing wrong.

NOW, on the same argument, I do understand the opponents view. If some homeboy is walking down my development with an AK-47 slung to his side Somalia-style, then yeah I would be a bit nervous. <span style="color: #FF0000">Racist much?</span>

This is a hard topic to pick sides on, as I don't think anyone can argue one way or the other (intelligently) without seeing the other side's point of view. </div></div>

I don't see how anyone could see this jerk offs point of view. He did what he did to cause a problem and start an argument with a cop with the hopes of getting him to infringe on his rights. He wasn't someone who was open carrying and was stopped, he went out with the point of getting stopped. He tried to remember as much as his pea sized brain could hold so he would have talking points on video.

I'm not a big fan of open carry, but if you want to do it, it is your right. Doing it just so you can try and catch someone messing up decision that is made pretty much on the spot is ridiculous. I don't know what your job is, but I am guessing it doesn't involve choices that can end your life if you make the wrong one. There are good cops and bad cops just like any job out there. Trying to contrive a scenario like this just so you can record it is dangerous and idiotic.

The Officers attitude was outstanding, This should be used as a training film. The kid on the other hand was trolling for for a cop to stop him. When the Officer mentioned for them to come on down to the station and learn and maybe? shoot an MP5 it just cut the trolling line. A+ for the Officer, F------- for the show off punk. We all wish there were more cops like this one and less attention grabbers like that punk. Did you catch the part were he checked to see if the sear would work? This officer knows a lot about weapons.Thank you for restoring some faith in the law enforcement community. I we? do not like what this punk was doing. My Grandpa use to say that trouble makers needed to be taken behind the barn and given a lesson in manors until he understood, no matter how long it took. Thanks SHANKSTER. mm

That is great! That officer is big enough to whip me and half my friends and he was too cool. There is nothing like a man who has power and uses as little of it as possible.

Well done.

The Officers attitude was outstanding, This should be used as a training film. The kid on the other hand was trolling for for a cop to stop him. When the Officer mentioned for them to come on down to the station and learn and maybe? shoot an MP5 it just cut the trolling line. A+ for the Officer, F------- for the show off punk. We all wish there were more cops like this one and less attention grabbers like that punk. Did you catch the part were he checked to see if the sear would work? This officer knows a lot about weapons.Thank you for restoring some faith in the law enforcement community. I we? do not like what this punk was doing. My Grandpa use to say that trouble makers needed to be taken behind the barn and given a lesson in manors until he understood, no matter how long it took. Thanks SHANKSTER. mm

That cop handled it well, douchebags like the guy in this video do us more harm than good. If that guy did something like that here in Cali it would be used by the anti-gunners to show how irresponsible gun owners are, this idiot wasn't thinking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: victory</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JelloStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know guys. While I can agree that it's bad form, he really did nothing wrong.

NOW, on the same argument, I do understand the opponents view. If some homeboy is walking down my development with an AK-47 slung to his side Somalia-style, then yeah I would be a bit nervous. <span style="color: #FF0000">Racist much?</span>

This is a hard topic to pick sides on, as I don't think anyone can argue one way or the other (intelligently) without seeing the other side's point of view. </div></div>

I don't see how anyone could see this jerk offs point of view. He did what he did to cause a problem and start an argument with a cop with the hopes of getting him to infringe on his rights. He wasn't someone who was open carrying and was stopped, he went out with the point of getting stopped. He tried to remember as much as his pea sized brain could hold so he would have talking points on video.

I'm not a big fan of open carry, but if you want to do it, it is your right. Doing it just so you can try and catch someone messing up decision that is made pretty much on the spot is ridiculous. I don't know what your job is, but I am guessing it doesn't involve choices that can end your life if you make the wrong one. There are good cops and bad cops just like any job out there. Trying to contrive a scenario like this just so you can record it is dangerous and idiotic.

</div></div>

I'm not racist, but I do live in an area that is plagued by gang/drug violence so that was the best analogy I could come up with.

If I'm in Walmart and see some old guy packing a 1911 he's had for 40 years vs. some gangbanger / punk / trash carrying a gun... yeah you'd be nervous too.

I don't agree with the idiot's methods, but you have to admit that it does bring up a good talking point on a right that most of us have, yet few will exercise due to social consequences.

I 110% believe in open carry within reason, but "within reason" is subject to one's interpretation.
smirk.gif

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if cops are now being trained to deal with these idiots abusing their 2A rights for the sole purpose of causing trouble. There is WAY too much of this type of baiting going on and is the exact reason why open carry is now illegal here in CA.

LiveLeak title says this:

"Police officers are now being trained how to deal with open carry activists"

Whether thats true or not... It's definatly a good idea! But it would more than likely be put on the back burner in a majority of PD's.

Also 99.9999% of LEO's aren't law school graduates who can recite supreme court rulings on the spot... Otherwise they'd be lawyers... making bank, instead of dealing with fools on the street!

Us against them. They are trolling, they are baiting, they are being an ass.... Its their own fault they get hammered, women in tight dresses are just baiting and asking for trouble... see where this is going???

If he is breaking no law walking around with an semi MP5 and filming stuff then STFU. Isn't your land of the free and the brave and what is god given right cannot be infringed or not? As far as i know being a dick isn't a crime (if it were a lot of SH forum members could be found guilty) you may not like it but writing how someone would punch/knock/whatever dude out says a lot about true love of freedom from some. Little dictators waiting to jump out at first opportunity.

I honestly liked the approach of an officer but saying that and seeing a responses i wonder what the actual norm is over there -> calling in a SWAT or predator drone to nuke the "fuck who is baiting and being an ass". What does that tell you of other officers if this one is so beyond belief and so above standard...