• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Cool New Sight from Steiner

Hmmmm. I don't know.

Besides the fact it looks huge, but whatever, my initial reaction is that I think it has a major flaw, or at least in how it was demo'd in the video.

Can the thermal overlay be turned off? Because at CQB distances you really need to PID something in an extremely short amount of time. If you watch the video, anytime he put the sight on a person, all it did was outline and highlight that person into lighter green overlay with very little detail about them. While it tells you something is there, it also basically masks them from any kind of detailed observation, which in CQB is almost everything.

Hmmmm. I don't know.

Besides the fact it looks huge, but whatever, my initial reaction is that I think it has a major flaw, or at least in how it was demo'd in the video.

Can the thermal overlay be turned off? Because at CQB distances you really need to PID something in an extremely short amount of time. If you watch the video, anytime he put the sight on a person, all it did was outline and highlight that person into lighter green overlay with very little detail about them. While it tells you something is there, it also basically masks them from any kind of detailed observation, which in CQB is almost everything.

It says in the video that you can use either, or both. If I was entering a dark room, I would want both. If I didn't consider everyone in there a threat, then I would need the red dot and a white light. But that would also make me more of a target.