• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cool piece of history

308Gunner

Full Bird Private
Minuteman
  • Jan 22, 2013
    W TEXAS
    This is my stepdads that passed as I was cataloguing his guns for the trust I find this that he forgot he had. From everything I have been able to find and from the other firearms he had it is original
    CAE46AE9-251D-4374-B89D-C11C0927F64A.jpeg
    AD6E9FA6-A2D8-42C0-9CB1-F8D6A64C3113.jpeg
    46F3ABB2-9A68-45DA-AD7B-A27B429E2A1E.jpeg

Might not want to catalog that one. Might fall under some silly law.

I think it will be a C&R as there are several for sale on gun broker and other sites

I'm sure you're right about being Curio and Relic. I guess I was thinking of registration, but that wouldn't matter for semiautomatic. Our local museum saved from destruction a forgotten WW1 machine gun found in an attic long after any possibility of amnesty registration was over and destruction or display were the only options.

Thats an awesome find man. I love how those old High-power sights go up to 500m lol.

Reactions: davidb187
    This thread brings to mind that certain pistols were used as "artillery spotters" As mentioned above, this pistol has 500 yd. sights. Any idea how that worked? What the whole process was?

Added: Found a couple things
    Marines using a spotting rifle on a M40 106mm recoiless rifle
    1545049385949.png

The Brits using an AMERICAN .50 cal for a Centurion tank
    1545049472926.png

Anyhow, these are rifles. Much bigger than pistols. But, it was something like the pistol the op has that were used as spotters. Specifically the Artillery version of the P-08 Luger.

Last edited:
    Those Inglis High Powers are very much sought after. Nice find.

Regards spotters the USMC SMAW mounted a 9mm ballistically similar to the actual rocket.

It was a trip to fire the slow arcing 9mm tracer spotting round and watch it tinkle off your tank target than energize the electronics and loop the missile out after it.

That's pretty cool that it stores inside the stock