• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Cool video of bullet in flight...

mgd45

Private
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2008
Ga.
I got to enjoy a fun Saturday morning shooting with a buddy of mine last weekend. We were doing some shooting from 500-900 yards, & I was testing a new load with the 155 Lapua Scenar bullets I put together.

I had my Canon digital camera on a tripod looking through my spotting scope on a second tripod.....I guess the sun was shining just right across the field, because I fire 2 shots & you can clearly see the copper bullet in flight all the way to the target......I thought it was pretty neat.

The Distance was 700 yards....I was shooting at the right side metal man target & the bullet comes from the right side of the screen....watching the video on full screen makes it easier to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_z8pbovydQ

Re: Cool video of bullet in flight...

Neat stuff - not trace, definitely bullet.

I was shooting 45ACP at 50 yards last Sunday and my buddy said he could watch each bullet all the way to the steel. It was around 4:00 p.m., with sun from 8:00 (shooting straight North), he was standing behind me on left side. In case anyone's interested, 8 for 8 on a 10" plate with the new Trojan 5.0....

Thanks,

Bill

Re: Cool video of bullet in flight...

I've seen that with a 22, it's really cool with a 308.