• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cooper accuarcy??

Buzzsaw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2006
Frisco, Texas
Will the Coopers duplicate the sweet 1 hole test targets they come with?? I'm getting closer to my .22lr quest but I will need accuracy to compete. I can't afford a full custom 50BR gun, I love the looks of the Cooper LVT, but can save $$ on a CZ 453 Varmint. Can I mention both in the same sentence as far as accuracy?

I'm on a budget as I just got a new job after my 4 week layoff. Had to take a sizable cut in pay but, I got a job!!

Thanks

Re: Cooper accuarcy??

With the proper rests and ammunition, yes. I have a 57M classic that will shoot one hole groups at 50 yards with Eley SSHP. Lapua Midas L will nearly duplicate the factory test target from a simple front and rear bag.
I have no experience with the CZ but have heard some great things, especially considering the price as compared to a Cooper.

TN

The coopers are very accurate, however keep in mind their test targets are shot indoors, at something like 27 yards, with a 36x scope. If you notice none of their sample targets ever list what range they are fired at.

It's not to say they are not very good quality and typically they shoot very well. However for $1500 that a cooper costs you can get into an anschutz 54 that will flat outshoot it. The CZ's are great shooters for 1/3 of the price, but on average I'm not sure if they would quite shoot as well as the cooper, but I've seen a few of them that would shoot one hole groups at 50 yards.

That said, I've yet to have anyone ever post a target that duplicated the factory target. Frankly I think the fact they post the target up on display with the rifles is bordering on false advertising and misleading at best, everyone assumes that those targets for the centerfire rifles are shot at 100 yards, and 50 yards for the rimfires. The company obviously knows that's what people are going to do, and while not technically lying to people, it's as close as you get.

they are shot indoors BOLTED into a special fixture as well. Coopers will shoot right up there with the best but most likely not what their targets show.