• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Copper Creek Cartridges - incorrect brass info on some of their loads

craigos

craigos from Scout 2015
Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2017
    PNW
    This is more of a PSA. Have used these guys for many years and so glad they exist and what they do - when i get a new cartridge/rifle added to the stable and i am looking for a load, i will often buy a variety of loads from CC. I am particular to the brass used as i will choose a product that has the brass mfger i intend to use. Saves me buying 100 bullets and reselling 80 of them, also gives me some brass for die set up etc.

So when i got my 6 GT, bought 3-4 boxes froM CC with a variety of bullets and all alpha brass (they specify) so can shoot it - get the brass for future reloads (and use it for initial die set up) etc.

Did this with my 338 lapua, 6 CM, 6 Dasher, 6CM and 6 GT - tried to do it with my 224 Valkyrie.

issue: All their valkyrie loads specify hornady brass is used, i got 3 boxes it was all starline. i.e. kind of useless to me - as i shoot Hornady brass and have aquired some, 60 pieces of starline brass does me no good.

So just a heads up if folks do the same thing, the brass used may be inaccurate and you may want to double check.

CC treated me well, they sent a return label and offered full refund - no issue there, no doubt their CS is top notch so kudos there. They have always been good. Just lost some time and wanted to send a note given the times of hard to find components its probably worth pinging them before checkout to ensure their brass specs on the load you are buying is accurate.

The prior 20 + boxes i have bought have all been 100% to spec and description. Again likely due to hard to find components so understand their struggle.

Just FYI.

I do much the same. Due to lack of time I bought their load development packs for my 22 Creedmore and have a great load for it, unfortunately brass is hard to come by besides necking down.