• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Copper Creek

Jack's Dad

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2018
Anyone know which powder copper Creek usus in their 6.5 creedmoor ammo? 140 eld, Lapua SRP brass. I got a great price on some but they shoot 2630 fps from my rifle. My hand loads go 2830 fps. I pulled them and used my load. The CC load is 41.5 grains of something. It's not H4350 or RL16. It looks like 4350 but is a dark graphite color not the green of 4350 and with longer kernels than 16. CC told me they don't disclose that information. Thanks!

I would just use your load. I'm assuming they don't disclose their load so people don't just chug out copies of what they sell.
You also could check reloading manuals and compare velocity and charge weight to get a pretty good guess.

Reactions: Jack's Dad
yeah, I got some of their ammo on a great deal here on the PX.
Very accurate at 100 yds.
also pretty slow (2600 from 22").
Not so good accuracy wise out at 600. (targets I can hit off a tripod and weak side were not hit, was smashing them with a .223 though)

shooting it with chrono and 2598-2620 then one at 2480. Didnt chrono anymore, not gonna trust it when it matters, that simple.
Not cool. Fortunately, other ammo works dang good and I can use them for fowlers to get the nice SRP brass once fired.

I know remember @GBMaryland got a bad lot from them in 300 WM I think and it was crap. And they were SUPER slackadasical in addressing his CS concerns.
Call with VM left and emails sent and they didnt respond until tagged on here.

I was super impressed first groups I shot (with no chrono) and know they are known for accurate ammo.

Not so much with the stuff I got.

I grabbed it due to price (same as brass and bullets new) and hoping it would be good enough. my mistake, it wasn't.

Yeah, I basically paid for components hoping to get 100 shots free of reloading. Probably not worth the trouble. Mine grouped exceptionally and had a 5 shot sd of 2 but those anemic speeds made them silly for the way I shoot.

Reactions: powdahound76
I shoot an 18' .308 with 175s so slow doesnt bother me.....
but 100 fps off is like a monkey using a Lee dipper and no scale was doing the powder dropping......

Oh well, lesson learned!

That's crazy. It's been a year or longer since I've shot a bunch of their 175 308. I had great accuracy. I did not crono it. Max I shot was 480 at the time.