• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Copper for Arthritis?

220px-PT_Barnum_1851-crop.jpg

I have no knowledge about those though I have heard unsubstantiated reports that copper bracelets do help. For $16 bucks it might be worth a try.

Reactions: oneshot86
Reference 1:10 in

What About Brett F'avre'er're

Prolly worth it for the ( often quite effective ) placebo effect . An orthopaedic surgeon I guarded many
years ago , was quite derisive of this sort of thing though .

Reactions: FatBoy
I had a guy working at my house a few years ago that believed in copper this and thats. He had insoles in his shoes, a back brace and maybe other copper things. He held his arms out and told me to give him a push. He kept his balance. Did it again without the copper insoles and he lost his balance. Then he set the insoles on the floor for me to stand on. Same results as his. Strange. Maybe there's something to it or maybe it was a trick of some sort. I do know coppertox works if you happen to get the footrot. lol

I'd feel kind of stupid putting gloves on my foot and knee where the arthritis is, but hey gotta believe right...

Reactions: Barneybdb
I wear copper compression socks while working. Works wonders and helps prevent DVT and PE.

The copper / magnet bracelets were pirched as medical back in the day..... Then a Lawsuit as they had no science....

Idiots love Lotto tickets and trinkets to cure ED

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/21/power-bracelets-lawsuit_n_1105559.html

In a 2002 study inspired by the relentless questions of his golfing buddies, a Mayo clinic researcher designed a double blind, placebo controlled experiment. More than 600 participants with musculoskeletal complaints received seemingly identical bracelets supplied by Q-Ray—half were supposedly ionized, half were not. After 28 days, the results showed that although both groups had significant pain relief, there was no difference between the real and fake bracelets. An initial questionnaire had, however, revealed that two-thirds believed a bracelet might help their pain. Inadvertently, the study had provided further evidence of the placebo effect, and for that won an award for notable research. A very different kind of recognition was at hand for Q-Ray.

Shortly after the study, the Federal Trade Commission had enough complaints regarding deceptive advertising, infomercial inaccuracy and disregard of refund requests to charge the company with making false and unsubstantiated claims. Ultimately, a temporary restraining order was issued that included the freezing of all assets. Other companies selling similar bracelets also found unsmiling Men In Black at their doors.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/09/130916204222.htm

I like nickle plated pistol ammo.....