• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Copper fouling phenomemon

giliganz

Private
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2008
mn
Ive got about 30 rounds through my new TRG 42 .338 and ive been cleaning the barrel every 3 rnds or so and the last time i was on the bench i ran maybe 10 rnds. Heres whats wierd, theres no sign of copper on any of my patches. has anyone else seen this because ive never had it happen with any of my other rifels and by no means am i complaining about it just curious....

Re: Copper fouling phenomemon

They do not copper foul easily...............
I would shoot 15-20 rds before I patched it, and if none then...........go to town.

Thanks i will.. I just got all my brass and reloading dies and the NF 8-32 will be here tomarrow. You will find me on the 600yd line all weekend..

Try Boretech Eliminator.It's the best bore solvent I've found.I use Tipton plated jags so I can tell when the bore is really clean.

I wouldn't worry about all that shooting/ cleaning nonsense.Shoot it until accuracy falls THEN clean it. Repeat for effect....