• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Copper Plated Bullets in Stock Glock Barrels.

RoosterShooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2011
Kentucky
Are there any known issues with Copper Plated Bullets (Rainier, Berry's, etc ...) out of a stock Glock Barrel?

I've invested in large lots of .355 dia, .400 dia., and .451 dia. bullets for reloading, and want to make sure there aren't any issues before firing them from my Glocks.

Thanks

Re: Copper Plated Bullets in Stock Glock Barrels.

You should be fine. You just can't shoot straight lead cast bullets because of the build up it can cause in the barrel which could lead to an over pressure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jet_lagged</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Several thousand round of 9mm Berry's in a Glock, and no problems at all. </div></div>

Same here. Well, almost. I was shooting Rainier bullets instead of Berry's.

Several thousand Xtreme's through a G17 with no issues.

I have shot a bunch of Berry's 180s thru my G35, they shoot good, but plated bullets cost way too much for what they are, cheap ass lead with a super thin layer of copper shouldn't cost the same price as Precision Delta's, which are much more uniform in size and shoot better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have shot a bunch of Berry's 180s thru my G35, they shoot good, but plated bullets cost way too much for what they are, cheap ass lead with a super thin layer of copper shouldn't cost the same price as Precision Delta's, which are much more uniform in size and shoot better. </div></div>

i'll have to look into Precision Delta. I've been shooting Berry's and Rainiers for years cause i thought they were the cheapest