• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cops are bad Mmmmmmmkay?

Chief resigned... probably for not immediately firing the cop. Acting chief immediately fires the cop...

if i were actively working as a cop these days, and my department wasnt SOLID, i’d be finding a different line of work. for what little you get paid, and the shitty situations you find yourself in DAILY...to know that you’ll be sold out without a second thought at the first sign of trouble? fuck that. risk versus reward....it just aint worth it. let those places BURN.

Unions can do m9re harm than good sometimes but this is definitely a case where the union should give that chief a bad prolapse . Only problem is citizens pay n9t the admin .

And now Atlanta burns again.
How is that a problem? Seems to me they voted for their own destruction over the last 40-50 years, and now it's harvest time. It can all burn to the ground over there, as they created it by taking the easy way out for all these years.
Allow me to check my give a fuck meter,...

give a fuck meter.gif

How is that a problem? Seems to me they voted for their own destruction over the last 40-50 years, and now it's harvest time. It can all burn to the ground over there, as they created it by taking the easy way out for all these years.
Allow me to check my give a fuck meter,...

View attachment 7350966
I never said it was a problem, but I told the wife it was going to happen. If it becomes predictable and happens then that community is a failure. There should be some type of proactive effort.

It's a sad day for America. We lost yet another Rhodes Scholar and one of America's most talented minds. According to media reports, before racist cops killed him, he was starting a charitable organization for disadvantaged youth. All while studying astro physics on a full scholarship at Harvard.

Fucking cops. It seems they only like to kill our most upstanding and talented black Americans all with promising and bright futures.

I'm not going to say right or wrong, only that if you start going for a full on throw down fight with the police, your chances of winding up dead increase dramatically.

Exactly! When you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. The guy was fighting to the death, there's no doubt about it. At any point before taking the taser, he had the option of stopping and giving up. He took it to a deadly conclusion.

Reactions: pwc001
Whats going on in this country reminds me of an old joke.
Guy setting in the park playing chess with his Dog,
Another guy comes along an says damn that must be a smart dog to play chess.
Not really we have played 10 games this AM and I'm up by one.

Even the brain dead will understand the rules after awhile, an try to push the boundary's,...

You are not allowed to shoot people unless they pose an imminent threat of death or great bodily injury to others.

LMFAO What Department do you work for and what is your training ? You grab any Cops kit, like Asp, Baton, Pepper Spray, TASER, you know, anything that you can incapacitate them with to "potentially" kill them with that, or use said items to get their gun to shoot them with, then guess what sport? They're a shooter.

You fucking people...........

"You are not allowed to shoot people unless they pose an imminent threat of death or great bodily injury to others".

You didn't even word that one (1) sentence correctly. Not even close. But that's again because you have no fucking clue what you're talking about or even how to say it, even if you're still wrong. You grab LEO's toys, you just became an imminent threat Jimmy.

Geezus Krist

LMFAO What Department do you work for and what is your training ? You grab any Cops kit, like Asp, Baton, Pepper Spray, TASER, you know, anything that you can incapacitate them with to "potentially" kill them with that, or use said items to get their gun to shoot them with, then guess what sport? They're a shooter.

"You are not allowed to shoot people unless they pose an imminent threat of death or great bodily injury to others".

You didn't even word that one (1) sentence correctly. Not even close. But that's again because you have no fucking clue what you're talking about or even how to say it, even if you're still wrong. You grab LEO's toys, you just became an imminent threat Jimmy.

Geezus Krist

I haven't seen the video but that, right there.

Geezus Krist

Non of your business. Did you watch the video? His partner was appalled.

1. A taser is not effective on someone wearing body armor.

2. His partner was right behind him.

3. The perp was running away

I'm sure this is going to go down badly for the police department, however I think it does prove a point that if you are decent to the police you stand a very good chance of being alive and unharmed. If you watch the first part of the video, the police were being decent enough.

The police did not seem to be causing him any harm and did not seem to be in a mood to cause him harm or show any overly aggressive behaviour. As far as the beginning of the video shows, the guy had fucked up and was going to get a ride to the jail and then him and his lawyers can work it out from there. The police officer looked like in my opinion they were trying to arrest him as peaceably as possible, and probably were planning to cuff him and carefully get him stuck in the back of the car without injury.

My guess is if he had simply STFU and been compliant he'd be out of jail and talking to his lawyer about court dates or cutting a deal the next morning / afternoon.

They did try the wrestling thing and then did try the tazer thing on him, so you can't really argue they were trying to kill him on the outset, or even at the start of the fight.

I'm guessing a lot of police departments might be watching the video and trying to figure out how to change their policies in such situations to not get crucified in the media.

Let him run, then try again to arrest him later?
Add some net launchers to your patrol equipment?
Bring some chase dogs?
Call all your buddies? With guns?

I could see some problems and potential bad results for the crazy guy with almost anything other than, let's just let them get away with it because of the colour of their skin. I bet even if they let him just run and didn't do anything, somehow they would still be getting crucified in the media.

(I very much don't agree with the whole hysteria and stupid anti freedom and fair trial laws about drunk driving, and I have strong feelings about "drunk driving" charges when you are literally parked and stopped and asleep, but that's a fight for another day).

Similar events have occured in the past involving both tazers and pepper spray. There is plenty of case-law as a guide.

In those cases, it was determined to be a lawful use of force. Here is an example from 2019, where a tazer was involved, also determined to be a lawful use of force.

That is just one example. In the past, people have gained control of a cops pepper spray and been shot as a result. Those cases also ended as a justifiable use of force.

If the cop is charged, the DA will have a tough time getting a conviction when higher courts have already set precedent on such circumstances.

The guy twice tried to use the taser on an officer, first time right after the fight on the ground he pointed it before running, the second time he turned to fire it while running away. He became the aggressor again when he pointed the taser while running, earning his bullets.

The undeniable fact is that if he hadn’t resisted he would still be alive today. I have a hard time monday morning quarterbacking the decisions of officers mid altercation. Apparently that’s not a problem for you.

Unless you hit them where their body armour is not, and there is a lot of body space where it's not.
Also if you get in contact range, you can use the prongs (assuming this model has them) anywhere you can get contact.

Now if you go make yourself a carbon fibre conductive lined suit then yep, tazers won't work well on you at all, just you know... don't accidentally touch something electrically active...

• Haha
Reactions: Sierra770 and 1J04
Unless you hit them where their body armour is not, and there is a lot of body space where it's not.
Also if you get in contact range, you can use the prongs (assuming this model has them) anywhere you can get contact.

Now if you go make yourself a carbon fibre conductive lined suit then yep, tazers won't work well on you at all, just you know... don't accidentally touch something electrically active...

How is going to use the prongs if he’s running away? He wasn’t advancing.

And there were 2 officers. If he got one, the other would have given him a beat down at which point the first officer would have recovered from the taser and pulled the darts out. And then it would have been a tag team beat down, and fully justified.

• Haha
Reactions: 1J04

And there were 2 officers. If he got one, the other would have given him a beat down at which point the first officer would have recovered from the taser and pulled the darts out. And then it would have been a tag team beat down, and fully justified.

They tried the beat down thing....how the fuck you think he got the taser in the first place? Maybe next beat down he comes up with the gun...

I have kept out of all of these discussions till now.

There are a few things to this that has only been touched on. Size of the bad guy vs size of the officer. Use of force continuum in that the bad guy was actively fighting, resisting, and then attacking officers with the taser. Deadly force is authorized on most departments if a bad guy has means of rendering an officer unconscious or incapacitated BECAUSE the officer will no longer have control of his weapon.

In my opinion as Law Enforcement and firearms instructor over 10 years, this shot was absolutely justified. The bad guy was believed to be drunk behind the wheel, failed field sobriety tests then resisted arrest be actively fighting, not just passive resistance.

Good shoot.

Edited to add:

I hope the fired officer sues for wrongful termination and wins the ATL lottery.

If you watch the video, they both were trying to use physical force on him at the same time to restrain him and didn't succeed very well, in fact they got roughed up and one of their weapons taken.

So now you suggest that one of them after getting knocked around a bit and letting their partner get incapacitated, could do by themselves what two of them couldn't?

The guys fatal action was grabbing the tazer and trying to use it on the police a couple times.
I can't say for sure, but had he not held onto the tazer and instead had taken off running at full speed empty handed, there is a good chance he would have lived.

The real victim of this whole thing is the Wendy's restaurant.
What do you want to bet some of the same folks who were complaining about the guy being passed out in his car in the drive through line and wanting "something done" about the inconvenience were in on the mob that burned the place down.

IF you watched the video without pre-existing prejudice and clear thought, you would see both officers fail to wrestle him down in the beginning fresh start.
And should know that wrestling with the vest and gear is a disadvantage to the wearer.
And you would know that already depleted and in a foot chase, should officer 1 be tased and flopping, there is no guarantee officer 2 would be able to, up to, or capable of doing your assumed 'beat down' by himself, much less a tased officer getting loose and coming to help. If perhaps the tased officer wasnt knocked unconscious by the fall and flop.
Especially when both failed to subdue him together fresh.

By your statement, it does not appear you know how long it takes to recover from a taser hit. Or how bad sore you are the next day after. Or you know how fast you get depleted fighting in 40 pounds of vest and gear. Or what it's like to take a muscle tear fighting during that time, and have to continue when part of your body is both injured and depleted...

And the partner and his response also fits that assumption as well, otherwise he would not have pre-judged his partners actions.

If you have been a very similar fight and were tased, please tell us how fast you recovered. Provide some evidence to convince us you are right and the rest of us wrong.

Or perhaps consider that someone who was in a hell of a fight, wearing all that shit, had both a muscle tear and broken finger, and was tased from behind by a DUMBFUCK partner, might strongly disagree with any assumption you might make based on your lack of both real experience and knowledge.

Best to you,

Ok, I'm gonna entertain a few people at your expense and go down the Rabbit Hole with you, AND point out how you and those that attempt to think like you are seriously flawed. I'm gonna pick apart your very words to the "nth" degree on how the real world works, yet I'm certain you're still not gonna get it, cuz you either unwilling or unable to understand. Which one is just as bad as the other, and unfortunate.

Non of your business: That answer tells me what I already know. You know fuck all about this scenario and are ill prepared to discuss your misunderstanding of the real world due to "you just don't know what you just don't know".

Did you watch the video?: Yes, yes I did. Otherwise I wouldn't have opened my Pie Hole.

His partner was appalled: I give two fucks about his partner and his feelings are inconsequential when it comes to what a person can do to an armed Officer with his own kit being used against him OR HIS PARTNER, OR THE PUBLIC.

1. A Taser is not effective on someone wearing body armor. : You are absolutely an idiot. Yes, yes a Taser is still very effective on someone wearing Body Armor, it depends on where you're hit. Just because you have a vest and a trauma plate doesn't mean you can't be incapacitated by a Taser. I kinda know this, as well as everything else I'm gonna try and drive home here for you.

2. His Partner was right behind him. : So. What's that suppose to mean? Anybody that is shit house crazy enough to fight two Cops while drunk and/or high, go to the ground with them, grab a device that can INCAPACITATE one of them enough to grab another device, ie GUN, is probably more than willing to get a running shot off, make a good connection to give the Po Po a ride on the lightning enough to drop his gun, is more than willing to turn and come back for it even though "His Partner" is right behind him. Dude already made his intent more than clear. Again, you grab my kit, you getta hollow point. Period. THAT's The Training Jimmy. You can make up all the shit you want about "whatta about this, whatta bout that", well, so can the Po Po, and they do, IN THEIR TRAINING. Like it or not, THAT's the way the real world works. You don't understand it? Nobody is gonna fault you for that. But you don't get to walkaway with your falsehoods and not get called on them. Today it's me. Tomorrow probably someone else, or hell, even today someone else, but you just don't know what you don't know.

3. The Perp was running away. : Already covered this above, but ok, you felt compelled to toss that out there so we'll cover this again, with a bit more info for you to chew on from some personal past experience. He's running away WITH A TASER POINTED AT LEO WITH A GUN DRAWN AND APPARENTLY TRYING TO HIT THE COP WITH IT's PRONGS! What's stopping him from turning around if successful and snagging the gun when it's dropped and capping them both? NOTHING. He's in it to win it Jimmy. All of his actions up to and including to the point his blood pressure gets dropped are legit and well within Policy & Procedures AND their TRAINING. We had a 17 yr old Male who tried to kill a guy. He literally thought he'd killed him, but didn't, so Attempted Murder. During Transport to a Juvenile Facility, before he was remanded as an Adult, he broke his Restraints, kicked out a window and dove outta a Transport Van. The only reason he didn't take a few in the back is because the backstop was an Apartment Building with people outside. If he would have continued towards the building he'd of had to been shot before he could break in and either arm himself or kill someone.
Why do I point out THAT scenario, because he wasn't even armed at the time, BUT HE WAS STILL A SHOOTER and not under the ole FLEEING FELON RULE either. He made his intent known by TRYING to kill someone, just like this Perp made his intent known by his actions. Don't drink the grape drink man, and don't try to sell keyboard bullshit. We gotta nuff idiots as it is............

They tried the beat down thing....how the fuck you think he got the taser in the first place? Maybe next beat down he comes up with the gun...

Brother, you shouldn't have to say that, AND THAT's EXACTLY WHY I normally stay outta this shit, but today? Nah, If'n you're fucked up, I'm gonna tell you since it's not apparent to Karen in all her glory (hole).

You, me, we are wasting our time 'trying' to educate and point out the obvious. Herding Cats 101...........

So police departments, chiefs, the city leaders are quick to throw officers under the buss.

They do so even before all the facts are known.

The good officers are bailing on bad departments as fast as is possible.

That leaves lessor quality officers in charge of rookies left and it propagates.

Pretty soon we will see officers having coffee and watching crime go on in the street outside the coffee shop.

Oh wait------ allready happened.

So when the last of the best officers leave or get other work what will we have left?

Reactions: Yasherka and 1J04
I have kept out of all of these discussions till now.

There are a few things to this that has only been touched on. Size of the bad guy vs size of the officer. Use of force continuum in that the bad guy was actively fighting, resisting, and then attacking officers with the taser. Deadly force is authorized on most departments if a bad guy has means of rendering an officer unconscious or incapacitated BECAUSE the officer will no longer have control of his weapon.

In my opinion as Law Enforcement and firearms instructor over 10 years, this shot was absolutely justified. The bad guy was believed to be drunk behind the wheel, failed field sobriety tests then resisted arrest be actively fighting, not just passive resistance.

Good shoot.

Edited to add:

I hope the fired officer sues for wrongful termination and wins the ATL lottery.

Brother, I'm right there with you, but enough bullshit is enough bullshit. You, me, and a few others that have read this horseshit could add sooooo much more to this, but really, it's just not worth it to me. It's the internet. So let some of these chest thumping idiots live in their world, I'm good with that. But you don't get a pass everyday spewing bullshit, and you never snatch kit without consequences.............

Stay Safe!

I've had encounters with cops, once even while suspected of being drunk and riding a motorcycle. Yeah, I was a fucking idiot in my 20's like most dudes are to some extent. At no fucking point would I ever have considered trying to get into a fight with one cop, let alone two no matter how liquored up I was. If you instigate a physical altercation with police, regardless of the circumstances, you ought to accept that a potential outcome is getting dead. Same as if you start a fistfight with ANYONE that has a gun.

Don't start none, won't be none, basically.

Jesus I am tired of this shit.

That’s not his partner you idiot. It’s another guy filming. There are a couple of vid of this from other than the body cams, and they start to heckle both officers as soon as the perp is down. He and his partner say nothing as they wait for backup.

The only more certain path to death than fighting the police is winning a fight with police. Talk about a Pyrrhic victory!

The stupid is strong with this one.

The news media are actively pushing this false narrative trying their best to stir up violence like the Communist agitators they are.

So watch the video of what happened, then take a look at these "news" headlines and anyone with a brain can see this is a full on propaganda war on the concept of law and order being waged by the Communists and their supporters:

daily mail propaganda.png

Reactions: Aries256