• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Core is now ALTUS SHOOTING SOLUTIONS

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Just got the word Core in FLA has changed their name to Altus Shooting Solutions

Link to the Altus Story

Friends,

Since the inception of CORE Shooting Solutions in May of 2015, we have strived to create a brand that accurately portrays our commitment to excellence and continuous improvement as a company. It was, and continues to be, equally important to us that our brand also be one that is original, honest, and authentic. Over the years we have fought through the growing pains that many small businesses experience and have managed to mold our brand into one that, we feel, is both a familiar and respected name within the industry. With that growth, the realization has come that we are not alone in identifying under the CORE moniker within the firearms community. Rather than face the possibility of confusion between brands or potential conflict amongst these companies, we made the difficult decision to establish a new name for our company… one that remained original, honest, and authentic. So, with that decision made, the search began.

Our goal was simple, or so we initially thought. Choose a name that allows us to continue building upon the framework we’ve already established, while at the same time accurately portraying who we are and what we represent. Whether it be chasing pheasants and whitetails in Western Kansas, hiking mountain trails in all corners of this great country, or chasing tarpon and redfish down the beautiful Emerald Coast, the four of us all share a storied past and deep love for the outdoors. It’s because of this that we have always thought of ourselves as an outdoor lifestyle company, one that shares many of the same passions for the shooting disciplines and outdoors that all of you do. Coming up with a name that we felt was profound and had the depth to support this vision proved to be a good bit more difficult than we may have originally anticipated. But, after multiple meetings around a campfire, way too many newfound grey hairs, enough late night text conversations to last a lifetime, and what was surely an unhealthy amount of coffee, Altus Shooting Solutions came to life.

The Altus Shooting Solutions mission remains unchanged from what it began as back on that day in May of 2015: to provide you, the outdoorsman and true firearms enthusiast, with an original experience not typically found anywhere else. And, to be perfectly honest with all of you, over the last few years that is exactly what you have given back to us… an experience not typically found anywhere else. Whether you’re looking to join the range and become a member, improve your shooting skills by enrolling in one of our classes, or just need to upgrade your equipment, we look forward to sharing everything ALTUS has to offer with what we consider to be our most valuable asset…our customers.

Congrats to the guys down there at Altus, I am truly a big fan of their work and feel they deserve their own identity. They never had a bad reputation just a confusing one with the various owners and name changes. This offers them the ability to stand out on their own terms.

They do great work down there from the retail shop with the best products on hand, the training facility with it's top tier events and the custom rifle work they do.

Glad that I saw this. I might otherwise have been confused on my next visit. A great facility and business to deal with.

Altus it is then. Love me some Altus. Just got my PASS carbon fiber extensions for my Atlas from Altus few days ago. Eager to get down to Altus in March for the PRS match. Had a great time at Altus at the Fall AI match in October. I've already made the CORE-->Altus transition, lol.

Dan

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
    Definitely was confused on the change, but not my business anyhow. Definitely happy with their work. Have a 6.5 PRC that they built for me that shoots awesome, and Colby over there is always treating me great. Good luck to them on the change and continued success.

That’s what the count down was for? Wish them the best but that was... anticlimactic. Particularly when others are make product and technology announcements leading up to Shot.

I just received my second manners prs1 stock from them today. They have great exclusive colors that I think make the best looking stocks around. Got an action from them last week. They are awesome to deal with in the phone and they did some custom work in my stock and shipped it in less than a week. I’ve shot two matches there and loved them both. Great company.

Reactions: Timo Turl
    And what happened to their Facebook and Instagram account?