• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coroner: Man Dies in Fall from Balcony While Doing Handstand During Hurricane Ian

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017
A man died when he fell from a hotel balcony in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, while performing a handstand as Hurricane Ian swept through the area on September 30.

Horry County Chief Deputy Coroner Tamara Willard said 34-year-old Ohio resident Markell Hope plunged from the 15th floor of the Patricia Grand Hotel, WYFF reported Thursday.

Man killed trying to do handstand on balcony during Hurricane Ian https://t.co/Ouy04VjJoz pic.twitter.com/E8uJET33NY
— New York Post (@nypost) October 7, 2022
Hurricane Ian was moving through the area at the time and “Willard said Hope was trying to do a handstand on the balcony when he fell,” the outlet continued, adding law enforcement is investigating what happened.

PLAY STOOPID GAMES...

FrequentImpureGoldenretriever-max-1mb.gif

A man died when he fell from a hotel balcony in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, while performing a handstand as Hurricane Ian swept through the area on September 30.

Horry County Chief Deputy Coroner Tamara Willard said 34-year-old Ohio resident Markell Hope plunged from the 15th floor of the Patricia Grand Hotel, WYFF reported Thursday.

Hurricane Ian was moving through the area at the time and “Willard said Hope was trying to do a handstand on the balcony when he fell,” the outlet continued, adding law enforcement is investigating what happened.

PLAY STOOPID GAMES...
His family will sue the hotel.

fight me.

Reactions: vinniedelpino
Isn’t there some inherent risk of stepping outside on a 15 story balcony in a category 4 hurricane right on the coast ? Any one can sue for anything but I sure would like to hear how the hotel could be liable.

A Cat. 4 hurricane hitting the building wasn't sensational enough. Floridaman had to go for extra credit.

Man, he really wanted that Darwin Award.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: acudaowner
Isn’t there some inherent risk of stepping outside on a 15 story balcony in a category 4 hurricane right on the coast ? Any one can sue for anything but I sure would like to hear how the hotel could be liable.

Well it wasn't Cat 4 when it hit Myrtle Beach, South Carolina....so the the case will get thrown out.

His family is saying that him doing a handstand on that rounded balcony rail is exceedingly unlikely. The woman he was with is "in hiding", so perhaps she pushed him, etc.

Looking at his photo, he does not look like a nut case looking for attention. No shortage of crazy people out there, looking for a chance to do evil.

If only that was the way our legal system works...

Defending counsel will weigh the probability of losing with the estimated cost of defending against the suit and make an offer to settle based on their calculation that will leave their client financially better off than if they fought the case, however absurd it may be.

More importantly, it will leave all attorneys on both sides better off. If the loser paid all attorney's fees, this bullshit would come to a screeching halt.

Isn't there some inherent risk in placing a cup of hot coffee in your crotch while sitting in your car? Any one can sue for anything but I sure would like to hear how the "restaurant" could be liable.

• Love
Reactions: Im2bent
I've always heard that Ohio is the Florida of the midwest.

I’ve been to Ohio four times, and each time I couldn’t wait to get the hell out of there. The people were nice enough, but sonofabitch, the food sucked. All of it. All the food in Ohio sucked.
Maybe Ohio man didn’t want to go back home to that godawful food, so he just said fuckit, and jumped.

I’ve been to Ohio four times, and each time I couldn’t wait to get the hell out of there. The people were nice enough, but sonofabitch, the food sucked. All of it. All the food in Ohio sucked.
Maybe Ohio man didn’t want to go back home to that godawful food, so he just said fuckit, and jumped.
I have a friend who’s from Pennsylvania and he says the same thing. He told me about visiting everyone once and they decided to cook dinner for his wife’s family. All they did was sprinkle some sort of seasoning on chicken breast(but cooked it properly so it wasn’t dry) and tossed a salad with a simple balsamic vinegar dressing. They all were blown away like Emeril Lagasse rode a unicorn into the kitchen and threw up an eight course meal for everyone

• Haha
Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
What's high in the middle and round on both ends?

O-hi-o

Nothing but flat land and corn as far as the eye can see.