• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Correct BC flip up size for a S&B PMii 5-25x???

courtier

Minuteman
Feb 28, 2013
Boston, MA -- yeah, THAT Boston
Can someone confirm the correct BC flip-up objective size for a S&B PMii 5-25x? The S&B documentation says the objective is 62mm. I measured mine and came up with the same value. The sticky BC thread says it should be a #47 at 62.5mm but when I tried to order one from milehighshooting.com they insisted it should be a #46 at 61.7mm and that they don't stock 47s. So I'm stumped?? Any PMii owners out there who can set me straight? Thanks.

Maybe you should heed the advice given by MH...an S&B dealer...maybe, just maybe they know what they are talking about.

[MENTION=12063]19Scout77[/MENTION]
Yes, I'm sure MH know what they're talking about. But as I said, the BC thread here on SH says it should be something different. I'm sure you're not saying the SH members don't know what they are talking about, right?

Maybe you should heed the advice given by MH...an S&B dealer...maybe, just maybe they know what they are talking about.

I've tried several ways to write this reply, without sounding impolite or harsh, but I've failed miserably.

So I decided to go with....

Logical Argument:

You have an un-shrinkable object measured with Teutonic precision to be exactly 62mm. And you have a choice of two moderately expandable (but non-shrinkable) items to choose from.

One is 61.7mm, and 0.3mm Smaller than the object to be fit.

The other one is 62.5mm and 0.5mm Bigger than the object to be fit.

Now which number is bigger than the other number???

Since the bigger one @ 62.5mm is larger, if you bought that one, it would fall right off (62.5mm > 62.0mm), so to get it to fit you would need to wrap .04 cents worth of tape around your $3000.00 + scope in order to get your $8.00 scope cover to stay the frig on it.

OR alternatively you could buy the one that's 0.3mm smaller (61.7mm < 62.0mm), and then you might could stretch it over the end of the objective, where it will then fit super tight, and not easily fall the frig off.

Hypothetical Argument:

Maybe the guy that posted a #47 scope cover for your scope, actually: Please select only one

a) Posted an innocent typo
b) likes to have his BC's covers taped on instead of fitting
c) was actually drunk when he made the posting
d) all of the above

Reductio ad absurdum Argument:Mile High is in the business of selling $3000.+ scopes and then pissing off their customer base by selling them $8.00 scope covers that won't/don't fit. That's why they told you they don't even stock a #47 scope cover.....

For a little more you can put a Tenebreax Flip up which is worthy of a S&B scope. Eurooptic. Just tell them which model and they'll fix you up.

Last edited: