• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Correct Use Of UKD Page

Bigwheels

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 16, 2007
    Anacortes WA
    I recently got an Impact Data Book,(my first data book) & have a question on the Blank UKD page.
    Mil Value: I get this part.
    Target Range: Assume this is my ESTIMATED range.
    ELEV. & Wind: Dope for ESTIMATED range.
    Call, & Plot-X: This is where I get confused. Is this my shot call on target, & Plot-X is the actual POI? Or do I have this all wrong, & this is my Call on the ESTIMATED range?
    How am I supposed to fill this card out?
    Thanks. I'm 100% self taught.

Re: Correct Use Of UKD Page

When used in a team situation (w/spotter) all your "calls" are POA. This allows your spotter to make adjustments according to POI. You and your spotter both will make a Range Estimation call prior to taking the shot. That is the main reason for a single input for Range. If shooting solo, try your best to spot splash or impact and record that as such. From there, you can make adjustments. Reasons for deviation can be anything from a bad wind call, bad range dope, or any of the hundreds of factors that go into a first round hit at long range. Good luck and never pass up the opportunity to record dope on your gun or yourself! Good job taking the initiative on using a data book! Too many just go out and shoot.

Re: Correct Use Of UKD Page

Thanks. Allmost all of my shooting is done solo. This data book is probably the best investment I've made in a long time. Trying to get better on UKD with reticle ranging.