• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Could be nothing, but it could very likely be something

Forgetful Coyote

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2011
Georgia
So, for the first time ever.. while watching a vid Forgotten Weapons where Karl runs a 2-gun match kitted out in period appropriate gear/weapons(K98az, etc), and before that, watched one about the 1st Punic War(Carthage vs Rome), and before that one had watched a vid on Roman artillery..

Here they are if yall wanna check em out(the 2-gun match vid is awesome, and quite hilarious IMO- comparison of Sturmtruppen elite gear vs Rear line POG)

Invictus' vids are quite well researched from what I can see, and very nicely done for a 1-2 man LOW low budget operation. Highly recommend all these dudes' stuff
After that, was about to go check out some forgotten weapons or Garand Thumb...
So that gives you a idea of 90% of what I watch on yt: firearm stuff, military history, firearm history, and the other 10% being music, a few podcasts here and there, etc).
Little earlier, 10 seconds after the Vintage 2-gun match started, a message popped up in the top left corner of my screen from YT "Youtube would like to be granted access to your microphone: Allow Deny"
Of course clicked deny(they probably are gone use it anyway), but why TF would they want access to my mic? I dont make vids..??

Last edited:
Reactions: HeavyAssault
YouTube has a voice search function, so if it detects or thinks it detects a mic it's giving you the option of using said function. Might also apply to the comments section too, or if the video had a live chat option when it premiered.

EDIT: Nope, that's a 5 year old video and didn't have a live chat. Probably it's the search one. Were you watching on a PC, or was it a phone?

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
YouTube has a voice search function, so if it detects or thinks it detects a mic it's giving you the option of using said function. Might also apply to the comments section too, or if the video had a live chat option when it premiered.

EDIT: Nope, that's a 5 year old video and didn't have a live chat. Probably it's the search one. Were you watching on a PC, or was it a phone?
PC