• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Could you out run the fuzz?

Out ran the cops in a 1978 Lincoln Mark V Emilio Pucci Model in 1978 , even drove pass the police station during the chase . Got far enough ahead of him that he turned off the lights and pull off. What I couldn't figure out why they didn't pick me up the next day or so since I was the only one in town with this type of type of car.

protip: dont speed, its idiots who bomb down the highway at 150mph weaving in and out thinking they are going to outrun a radio....if you stay on the highway, they know where the fuck you are going.

drop to average cruising speed, be less conspicuous, and get off the highway as fast as possible, change course ASAP, park behind the huddle house and grab coffee for a few hours.

...or so people have told me :rolleyes:

Out ran the cops in a 1978 Lincoln Mark V Emilio Pucci Model in 1978 , even drove pass the police station during the chase . Got far enough ahead of him that he turned off the lights and pull off. What I couldn't figure out why they didn't pick me up the next day or so since I was the only one in town with this type of type of car.

I did that once on a motor cycle. Got about 3 curves ahead of him and pulled into a dirt road. He went by about 120 mph.

BTW, that looks like the original pimpmobile...
1630103753752.png

I did that once on a motor cycle. Got about 3 curves ahead of him and pulled into a dirt road. He went by about 120 mph.
Someone very close to me built a kill switch into his handlebars that turned off all lights on his bike for this very reason. He'd book it, make a few turns and coast an into an alley or the occasional driveway to wait it out for a few.. This is in an urban area crawling with 5-0.

It's a miracle the crazy old bastard is still alive and walking free.

They felt sorry for you because of your stutter….? :unsure: :whistle: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Ravenworks
staying on a freeway, nope

Lots of people can and do on residential roads or hopping off road.

Is the juice worth the squeeze, that’s up to you, but it’s always a choice, evade, comply or confront. For the only types of things I’d likely to get pulled over for, easier to just pay a couple hundred or less

Reactions: wh20crazy
But can you out run the radio
Lmmfao. Yeah, if you drive strait or they can still see you. You bump your head or just like regurgitating what boomers have said for years? Radio isn’t much good if they don’t know where you are heading and you can get a few turns ahead of them in a hurry. Shit, you don’t even need a fast car, just don’t drive like the ebrake is stuck on.

BTW, that looks like the original pimpmobile...
View attachment 7692483
Back then it was boss the interior was like a leather living room, looking at it today it just doesn't have the same appeal as it did when i was 23. I sold a 76 vette for it all my friends thought I was fucked up but then everyone switched and started to by cruising mobiles. Following year I went back to a vette in 79. Nothing like the ride of a lincoln ,it was a car that was very easy to fall asleep in while driving thats how comfortable it was.

Daaaamn.

That's a fur coat/feathered cap/chrome carry type of ride.

Needs curb feelers though.
It looks pimp style today but not so much back then, this one was the pimp style in the show room at the same time. Maybe I should got this one instead and a fur hat back then along with some hoes . Stutz Bearcat Coupe

bh78jf11.jpg

Back then it was boss the interior was like a leather living room, looking at it today it just doesn't have the same appeal as it did when i was 23. I sold a 76 vette for it all my friends thought I was fucked up but then everyone switched and started to by cruising mobiles. Following year I went back to a vette in 79. Nothing like the ride of a lincoln ,it was a car that was very easy to fall asleep in while driving thats how comfortable it was.
And a huge back seat for those discrete 'rendezvous'. ;)

It looks pimp style today but not so much back then, this one was the pimp style in the show room at the same time. Maybe I should got this one instead and a fur hat back then along with some hoes . Stutz Bearcat Coupe

View attachment 7692515
I think they manufactured these cars just for pimps.

I've heard a street bike can out run a traffic plane.

R
Most of the aircraft are super slow, and you need a fairly straight section of road to do it, which sets you up to be intercepted somewhere down the line. Usually though the aircraft cuts all the corners and easily stays with even the fastest vehicles.

I’ve lost a bunch of people while chasing on a motor or in a patrol car. The longer it goes on, the worse your chances though, as noted above. The older I get, the less interest I have in it. For a traffic violation, meh, not interested.

There was a supreme court ruling recently that found a detention starts when we turn the lights on, instead of at the point we actually get you. Civil liability, which is already high, will go through the roof. Pursuits should be dying officially here in the next couple of years via departmental policy, except in the most extreme cases. Many Officers/Deputies are way ahead of that already.

Lmmfao. Yeah, if you drive strait or they can still see you. You bump your head or just like regurgitating what boomers have said for years? Radio isn’t much good if they don’t know where you are heading and you can get a few turns ahead of them in a hurry. Shit, you don’t even need a fast car, just don’t drive like the ebrake is stuck on.
328E0C2F-0A46-4C65-B98B-350C39E5CE85.jpeg

Carry on.

Unless they get a positive ID, license plate, once they lose sight of you, it's over. At least legally. I wouldn't rely on this argument but you could be someone entirely different in a similarl or exact same vehicle. I would imagine a decent lawyer could get you off based on "it was a white Ford truck".

download (47).jpeg

Always had difficulties driving slow so these were the break though technology in the 70's. They worked very well because I got the tickets to prove it. When they shot the radar gun at you and got your speed the light lit up with a buzzing sound ,which meant you were about to get a speeding ticket.

protip: dont speed, its idiots who bomb down the highway at 150mph weaving in and out thinking they are going to outrun a radio....if you stay on the highway, they know where the fuck you are going.

drop to average cruising speed, be less conspicuous, and get off the highway as fast as possible, change course ASAP, park behind the huddle house and grab coffee for a few hours.

...or so people have told me :rolleyes:
When I was a ute I got a call from a friend "Oops I was supposed to pick someone up from the flyaway in Van Nuys". This is where a bus from the airport drops you off . Now the poor shmuck had been stood up by a few hours... I jump in my mustang 5.0 and proceed down the highway at a very high rate of speed. A ways down the freeway a carload of other utes thought I wanted to race so they are flying along. As we are progressing down the I5 a cop car gets behind them thank god and pulls them over. I immediately slowed to 65 and the highway splits at the 405 which was the way I was going. I take the split at the 405 and after the first exit a cop pulls me over. Me "Yes officer?"....Him "we had a report of 2 cars racing....you match the description of the car involved..".... Me " i wasn't racing anyone I was in a hurry to get to the flyaway but I was not speeding....." Him "Well we did not see you racing so I guess you can go....Oh just between us guys how fast were you really going?" Me... "Tops maybe 70...." he was not a happy camper that I did not confide in him lulz so yeah if they lose sight they can't cite you. I was just lucky the first guy picked the other guys.

I had a friend in my teenage years who had a nice 74 Trans Am and was trying to out run the cops. He ran stop signs and red lights. Finally got into a residential area and had enough of a lead that he thought he'd pull into someone's drive way, shut off the engine and hope the cops would drive right on by.

It worked, but the cop backed up, pulled into the same driveway. Busted him for gobs of infractions.

How was he caught. The cop told him he would have gotten away with it, except he kept his foot on the brake pedal. It was like a beacon light for the cops to follow.

Gotta be smart enough to think about every aspect of your get away!

But can you out run the radio
Oh but you can. The trick is getting somewhere quick and hiding out just long enough for things to calm down. Of course, this is all dependent upon the ride to. Ask me how I know! Obviously, it’s much easier to ditch them in a crowd of normal vehicles. If you drive a damn Bugatti or something then your fucked!

I had a friend in my teenage years who had a nice 74 Trans Am and was trying to out run the cops. He ran stop signs and red lights. Finally got into a residential area and had enough of a lead that he thought he'd pull into someone's drive way, shut off the engine and hope the cops would drive right on by.

It worked, but the cop backed up, pulled into the same driveway. Busted him for gobs of infractions.

How was he caught. The cop told him he would have gotten away with it, except he kept his foot on the brake pedal. It was like a beacon light for the cops to follow.

I successfully did something like this when I was a teenager. Fast car, big enough lead, dipped into a neighborhood and just happened to find an empty garage with the door open. I pulled in, killed the lights and watched them canvas the neighborhood for half an hour. I was sweating bullets the whole time worrying about the homeowner coming out or trying to pull in etc. but it worked!

Exact same thing for me. "69 GTO. Got a lead, 3 right turns, driveway. Late at night, empty streets, not up to no good, cop was cool.

Reactions: lightman
When I was 16ish my dad bought a 1973 Gremlin X with a V8. Thing had no weight in the rear and burnouts were more satisfying than sheer speed. We had a guy like that recent poster that kept calling the village police on me.
One night after reducing the life of my dads rear tire life, a squad pulled up and hit the lights. We were sitting on the curb, so I was like WTF?
Officer gets out all official and says "We have multiple reports of this yellow and black Rambler speeding and doing burn outs in the area"
I said "Well sir this is a Gremlin, so you better get back on the hunt for that Rambler." Dude was either actually confused or embarrassed because he just shook his head and left.

Reactions: Jgunner and Maggot
Yes you can out run the Police, if you are fast enough you can out run the radio too.

I have personally out run them many times but it was all over 10 years ago so... I have literally passed a local sheriff(left lane) with me in the right lane at 165MPH going the same direction as him and he was doing around 60, as I went by it looked like he tried to accelerate, I saw the front of his car raise, but I was out of sight before knew what happened.

Never got caught any time I ran. It was fun though.

I used to be one of those ass hole street racer types and had an FD rx7 that would do 190MPH, big turbo big ports and lots of boost. I do not do this shit any more. Below is a video of said car, when I let out of the throttle at the end, I am at the top of 4th gear @150mph around 8200 rpm.

Kept her looking stock, but had around 450rwhp on pump gas at 20lbs. Weighed 2700lbs... Ripper!

IMG_2826 2.jpeg

lol yea sure , out run the cops running in general Id think I was doing something wrong isn't that why we stock up on ammo and guns so the only running you do is to your room and shooting then die ? outside Ive tried it in the past as a kid all drunk in a field pestering rent a cops , a few of them not so hard but with 10 or so chasing you your going to loose , and at my age oh hell no I walk and fall at the best of times since the stroke I am not running anywhere those days are far behind me Id give you better odds you can do it just pray harder if they got a dog lol that will end well for you . and in a car you can outrun a cop car , but not that radio pretty sure the good old days of shine running are long since over . though my grand before I completely loose my mind idea is a high speed chase well sort of high speed chase with me in a lazy boy mobility scooter towing a beer cooler reaching speeds of 130mph on 95 south sort of like the OJ chase but in a gas powered mobility scooter. lol well you have to have goals to reach for before you go into an assisted living facility that's mine .

lol yea sure , out run the cops running in general Id think I was doing something wrong isn't that why we stock up on ammo and guns so the only running you do is to your room and shooting then die ? outside Ive tried it in the past as a kid all drunk in a field pestering rent a cops , a few of them not so hard but with 10 or so chasing you your going to loose , and at my age oh hell no I walk and fall at the best of times since the stroke I am not running anywhere those days are far behind me Id give you better odds you can do it just pray harder if they got a dog lol that will end well for you . and in a car you can outrun a cop car , but not that radio pretty sure the good old days of shine running are long since over . though my grand before I completely loose my mind idea is a high speed chase well sort of high speed chase with me in a lazy boy mobility scooter towing a beer cooler reaching speeds of 130mph on 95 south sort of like the OJ chase but in a gas powered mobility scooter. lol well you have to have goals to reach for before you go into an assisted living facility that's mine .
Id pay a fair amount to see that. Just south of DC would be interesting.

Reactions: acudaowner
I know when you pass HP in the north bound lane on a bike heading south doing 174, some won't even bother.

Reactions: camocorvette
Yes you can out run the Police, if you are fast enough you can out run the radio too.

I have personally out run them many times but it was all over 10 years ago so... I have literally passed a local sheriff(left lane) with me in the right lane at 165MPH going the same direction as him and he was doing around 60, as I went by it looked like he tried to accelerate, I saw the front of his car raise, but I was out of sight before knew what happened.

I used to be one of those ass hole street racer types and had an FD rx7 that would do 190MPH, big turbo big ports and lots of boost. I do not do this shit any more. Below is a video of said car, when I let out of the throttle at the end, I am at the top of 4th gear @150mph around 8200 rpm.

Kept her looking stock, but had around 450rwhp on pump gas at 20lbs. Weighed 2700lbs... Ripper!

View attachment 7692680

Poured one out for all the apex seals lost along the way. 🙌🏻

You got to put tin foil in your hubcaps that way they can't clock you, everybody knows this.Doesn't work with aluminum foil.

View attachment 7692680

So you were driving 165 mph, passed a cop that was going 60 mph and you saw his hood raise up from acceleration.
Okay 👌

I would certainly give the track a try. It would be fun to play the bad guy for a change.

I know our driving instructors say the instructor course is crazy. You drive old run down police cars (both students and instructors) the instructors won't hesitate to bang you around on the course too.

Ive been in several pursuits. Some I caught, some not. In my area, its pretty much a no pursuit area on bikes except in grave circumstances.

Typically, its an officer's skill that wins in a pursuit. Breaking and cornering not necessarily the engine. (not every time but generally) hiding and going to the ground usually wins unless the officer is lucky.

Run, and it's usually no harm, no foul. Run and then fight me, and all bets are off.

I may or may not recall a guy the ran and ditched his vehicle in a woods, which was found. Some "little bastards" found it after officers cleared the scene and last I knew, it was still inoperable where it was left 15 years ago...

But, I'm always the type that will remember you and your vehicle, and plate. If I don't get you today, tomorrow is another day... And my memory is a LOT better than Biden's...

Lame choice of cars in the experience the OP posted.

Side note, no my 3/4 ton truck won't outrun a V8 Charger, even one loaded down with policd gear. Pretty sure the truck has a speed governor and it ain't a cornering machine.

Depends on how much a department has invested in tagging-tracking-locating (TTL) technology and whether they feel you're worthy of its attention. The Unblinking Eye of Sauron and all that. Amusingly, an acquaintance was busted as a juvie for stealing a car after a successful pursuit. He said the officer told him, "All I wanted to do was tell you to turn on your lights!"

Reactions: Ravenworks
Lame choice of cars in the experience the OP posted.

Side note, no my 3/4 ton truck won't outrun a V8 Charger, even one loaded down with policd gear. Pretty sure the truck has a speed governor and it ain't a cornering machine.
I got GMC 2500 Durmax that only goes 99 but from 0-99 its a fucking rocket.

Reactions: DeadAss and Maggot
Depends on how much a department has invested in tagging-tracking-locating (TTL) technology and whether they feel you're worthy of its attention. The Unblinking Eye of Sauron and all that. Amusingly, an acquaintance was busted as a juvie for stealing a car after a successful pursuit. He said the officer told him, "All I wanted to do was tell you to turn on your lights!"

We have easy pass and I should be getting tickets in the mail everyday, they can calculate my speed by the time stamps on each toll.

We have easy pass and I should be getting tickets in the mail everyday, they can calculate my speed by the time stamps on each toll.
Yeah but if they ticketed everybody that sweet sweet toll money would dry up.

A lot of the times, police packages are more with larger brakes and jacked up electrical systems over engine mods. Power to run the lights and gadgets and brakes for whooh power, not mo-power
Now days yes you are correct. The true Ford interceptor used to add some power to otherwise terd cars. Seems nowadays, there are too many options for 500 plus HP cars that only need electrical upgrades to run lights.

Reactions: Slash0311
Poured one out for all the apex seals lost along the way. 🙌🏻
Went thru 7 engines in 8 years and about 80,000 miles. Cracked Front plate at the dowel pin where the oil feed for the turbo comes out, dented rotor faces from detonation, main bearings would wear unevenly from block flex. 3 Transmissions, 2 differentials.

Toast to it. I do miss that car.

Reactions: Jackalope