• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Couldn't help myself, had to rant

Halfway through and while Frank can be Frank...

Frank can also be 100% right (like in this case). What a bunch of BS.

Frank made some good points...

The shooting world is a microcosm of American society- fewer and fewer 'leaders' in the gun world (company owners and execs, former well known SoF guys, marketing depts) have real ethics- instead they have situational ethics and a herd mentality of "get rich quick and at any cost", "don't make waves", and anyone who threatens that narrative with reasonable observations or comments is automatically shouted down. The emphasis seems to be on soft skills and ethics are highly discouraged. The solution is to call them out early and often on their 'wokeness'.

BRCC, Springfield Armory, Yeti, Benchmade, in my opinion all deserve derision for their BS. I'm sure I forgot a few other companies or organizations. Instead of just circling the wagons and doubling down, entities should choose to learn from their mistakes and improve.

Part of the acknowledgment is, we all exist in our own echo chambers

I am fortunate enough to speak within my own, while at the same time projecting my thoughts beyond my own bubble. In short, I get it from both sides, as I don't shut down those who disagree with me and will absolutely debate anyone public or private.

The number of private calls I have had with the subjects of my rants is pretty equal to my public outbursts, so I see it as a balance.

They can't claim the same thing, as they absolutely try to control the narrative and will do everything they can to shut down objecting discourse.

My only bitch is when they start to lose the argument they claim all sorts of childish things like I have to be right. No, I don't have to be right, but you do have to explain to me how I am wrong. I don't just stop debating because you scored a single point, I push you to do better, and if you can't handle that, don't try and shut me down, cause I am not finished talking.

I have an image that was taken, I cropped it, but it shows me carrying my rifle from one end of F7 to the other end

No suitcase carry, no handles, I carried it straight up

carry.png

The bipod is hooked on my pack holding it on my shoulder

I would place my size 11 boot up his arse, after insisting he place his firearm somewhere safe.
It's a really poor exhibition of firearm safety.
Good on you for pointing it out.
Fuck their feelings.
And no slings?
I'd be lost without my sling.

Frank made some good points...

The shooting world is a microcosm of American society- fewer and fewer 'leaders' in the gun world (company owners and execs, former well known SoF guys, marketing depts) have real ethics- instead they have situational ethics and a herd mentality of "get rich quick and at any cost", "don't make waves", and anyone who threatens that narrative with reasonable observations or comments is automatically shouted down. The emphasis seems to be on soft skills and ethics are highly discouraged. The solution is to call them out early and often on their 'wokeness'.

BRCC, Springfield Armory, Yeti, Benchmade, in my opinion all deserve derision for their BS. I'm sure I forgot a few other companies or organizations. Instead of just circling the wagons and doubling down, entities should choose to learn from their mistakes and improve.
This isn't an issue of 'wokeness'. Its gun safety 101. And anyone who defends the offender or poo-poos it deserves the shalacking they take. There are really no excuses or defense for that kind of behavior. You flag me, you will hear about it, chamber flag or no. I've been DQ'd for flagging myself (my own hand) in an early pistol match. Gun wasn't loaded. Finger not on trigger. Doesn't matter. It happens. You learn. You get better.

If you can't be expected to follow the 4 l aws of gun safety GTFO. I don't care who you are. We make mistakes, own em and learn. (Aka go to Dairy Queen, take your picture, and own up to what you did).

I can't speak for lowlight/Frank, but according to my understanding from the cast, there was a lot of flack from the GAP team and/or PRS.

It sorta goes to a discussion Chris Wsy and I had about moving with at least one hand free

I think we should be evolving not devolving because of familiarities

Funny how stuff appears to have stalled to me when we are supposedly more organized than ever

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Apparently people need reminding that complacency through arrogance etc., and excuses, has often resulted in serious injury or death. Would be just as hard to try and glue the top of a “professional’s” head back on as it would an amateur. I hate unsafe mopes. Don’t care who they are. Posting it and making light it makes it that much worse.

I think you are spot on Frank. The way things devolved and such leaves a bad taste with everyday folks. It would be in a sponsor’s best interest to distance themselves from some of the individuals. A safety mistake is just that. Own it ,learn from it. When people become defensive about a safety infraction it’s telling. Not just on the folks doing the barking, but the companies and organizations they are affiliated with. I’ve never had an interest in match shooting, but I definitely spend on precision rifle components every month. Shit like this will influence buying decisions. In addition it paints a less than welcoming message to shooters looking to get into their game. It’s a bad look.

Ps. I can’t believe no one uses a sling. Shit a cheap hunting sling would be handy for transporting the rifle safely between firing positions. Kinda shows how removed from reality they are.

IJS, if a bama wants to threaten me over a meme., especially in such a small community as the precision rifle community, youre gonna have to see me with that shit. Physically threaten someone over a meme that ain't even about you? People forget that this is a small community and everyone just about knows everyone so one might find out that they wrote a check that their ass can't cash.

IJS, if a bama wants to threaten me over a meme., especially in such a small community as the precision rifle community, youre gonna have to see me with that shit. Physically threaten someone over a meme that ain't even about you? People forget that this is a small community and everyone just about knows everyone so one might find out that they wrote a check that their ass can't cash.
100 percent. Seems like a case of an alligator mouth and a song bird ass. I personally believe a smart sponsor would drop that motherfucker like a hot potato,

This is the problem with the internet, everyone is a hard ass, until they aren’t. I have seen the guy who takes the pics and he couldn’t beat his way out of a wet paper sack.

Oh they’d have no problem kicking my ass, which is the funny part, they are plenty tough, the fact they felt the need to say it out loud is the sad part

It was more like an Or Else style threat which is really nothing more than an out loud eye rolling comment. Completely unnecessary but at the same times says a lot

Oh they’d have no problem kicking my ass, which is the funny part, they are plenty tough, the fact they felt the need to say it out loud is the sad part

It was more like an Or Else style threat which is really nothing more than an out loud eye rolling comment. Completely unnecessary but at the same times says a lot
Definitely tells a lot about character.

While I don’t know Shannon personally I have squaded with him a few times and will say without a doubt he is an complete asshole. I don’t give a fuck that he is ultra competitive or not. You can be super competitive and not be an ass, throwing your gear and arguing with the RO is just petty, no one is winning a Ferrari. He sets the tone for PRS and it shows. The underlying problem with most people in this sport is that they are competitive here but suck in life.

Did the photographer make the physical threats?

I think you covered that at 32:06.

I was trying to work at my desk, listening to this with headphones on, trying to get through some really boring engineering study on geologic formations..... and I can't stop laughing.

The futility of threatening someone with physical violence whose only concern is that he has an opportunity to film it. Epic.

You can threaten me all you want to beat me up.
I'm sure I could use a good ass kicking.
I'm almost positive.

Just don't sucker punch it.
Warn me. 'case I want it filmed.

and you don't need to sucker punch me... I'm small.
I'm probably not going not going to fight back?

So...
the sucker punch won't be needed?

But let me know, because I want to film it.
That's all I'm 'onna say.

People fuck up, if you get called out own it, learn, and move on.

Yeah it sucks, but sometimes you do stupid shit not thinking.

Also a rifle to the chin vs a shotgun on the foot would have vastly different outcomes if it went badly.

100% agree about the safety blow up. Shouldn't even be a fucking conversation. Regardless of who's sponsoring bro should've been DQ'd and the fact that they didn't do better like Frank is talking about blew up on social media all over.

Even the beginners PRS group had a bitch fit from people defending him sucking the end of his barrel. Even worse was he flagged people on the stairs which showed up in other pictures.

nice listen, question: where do i find the prime ammo? thanks
Really? Not trying to be a dick...but did you even look?

Just got done listening… jesus christ

I do a fair bit of shotgunning. I also teach the shotgun safety course.

We warn people that they WILL have a safety violation eventually. Its important to listen to anyone that brings it to your attention. Also, that if you see an issue/safety infraction, you are required to politely bring it to the other shooters attention.

Not a big deal… unless you don't do it and someone gets shot.

Ok... so.... where can I find this pic? Google doesn't help. "Guy pointing rifle at chin" doesn't pop up anything and yes, I tried several variations.