• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Counter Sniper Optics: Too good to be true?

daybreak1199

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
I’ve done a some searches and couldn’t find much credible info about Counter Sniper Optics, does anyone have any personal experience with this brand / company? Specifically I was looking at this model for an AR rig:

1/12x30 Aircraft Aluminum Crusader Gunsight
DOH373
*CONTRACT OVERRUN* CSO Aluminum Series 1-12x30 (does not come with rings)

It was listing for 649.95, I noticed the model directly below it is listing for 2700 and the Titanium version of it is listing for over 5800…Can someone explain why there is such a gap in the price between this overrun and the next model up? I am looking at this from the standpoint of it seems to be too good to be true.

I’m not up on the rules about if it is ok to post links directly to sites…I found this site through Google, Counter Sniper Optics.

Thanks for your help
V/R
Jason

Re: Counter Sniper Optics: Too good to be true?

Run away...dont walk, but RUN. Seriously, dont waste your money. You would be better off zip-tieing a papertowel roll to your rifle.

IMO i would go with something a little more proven, maybe the SWFA line, or good leupold. i have had 2 swfa's the 10x and the 20x and both were great scopes for the money in fact they were enough to make me order the 5-20x50.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">buy 20 of them, hurry before their gone </div></div>
Oh that sucks I tried to make an order but they are backordered again, dammit!

They are all over-runs. All their runs are over-runs.

The reason for the price discrepancy is to convince the uninitiated that they are getting a good deal. They ain't.

You won't get a real warm welcome with this thread, Counter Sniper is accepted as standard mall ninja gear, pure garbage in the optics market.
I'd say, quality wise, they rank right up there with the chinese-made Leupold knock-offs you can find on eGay for $100.

Let us know the application and we are happy to point you in the right direction. There are many reputable options in that price range.

If you must have a Counter Sniper, send me the money and I'll paint a toilet paper roll black and glue 2 pubes on for a reticle, then I'll write, in bright white, "US government property" and I'll ship it to you next day air. Mine will far outlast theirs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yasherka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Read this and get back with us:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3091580&page=1
</div></div>
WOW! Amazingly horrible product. Sorry I brought this question up. Looks like my due dillegence search fell way short. Appologies for reopening a thread that had been answered.

V/R
Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: daybreak1199</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
WOW! Amazingly horrible product. Sorry I brought this question up. Looks like my due dillegence search fell way short. Appologies for reopening a thread that had been answered.

V/R
Jason </div></div>

This pops up every six to eight weeks or so. Next time use the google search for Snipershide: Google Search

It's much better than the stock search engine.

What are you doing with the AR?

There are MANY great options, you just got lucky and picked the worst of the worst options.

In their defense, their box is shinier than most.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: daybreak1199</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it seems to be too good to be true.</div></div>In law enforcement we call this a clue.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are you doing with the AR?

There are MANY great options, you just got lucky and picked the worst of the worst options.

In their defense, their box is shinier than most. </div></div>

It's in 556 so I wanted a scope that as variable power, low enough I could use it for close in and yet powerful enough to be useful out to 500 or 600 yrds, I recently purchased a Vortex Razor HD so my funds are very limited for another scope purchase. I would be looking for a price point in the mid to upper 600's.

How come counter sniper hasn't been sued yet for fraud. NOBODY uses their scopes in LE/MIL.

At $799, the SWFA 1-4X is a great scope, does well what a 5.56 AR does well. At 600 yards, neither is ideal for most applications, but few problems exist at 600 yards that an M4 can effective address.

SWFA is coming out with a 1-6X shortly, that might be a little better option.

Several other good 1-4Xs are available, that would be my first look.

If more power is needed, look at a good 3-9, but be aware that 3X ain't a pretty view at very close ranges.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.I'll paint a toilet paper roll black and glue 2 pubes on for a reticle, then I'll write, in bright white, "US government property" and I'll ship it to you next day air. Mine will far outlast theirs. </div></div>

Take my money...all of it!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BX1129</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How come counter sniper hasn't been sued yet for fraud. NOBODY uses their scopes in LE/MIL. </div></div>

Because they have not stated, as fact, that the product is in use by any specific military organization.

All they state is that it's a military optic. "The World's Finest Military Optics" . . . it's just their opinion.

They built them to sell to "the military", "the military" didn't want the stuff, so, therefore, they're ALL government over-runs.

Just machinations of marketing lingo to sell something.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bVW5-F242Yo"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bVW5-F242Yo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Except they call their scopes government overruns from gov contracts. "May read property of US government"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BX1129</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How come counter sniper hasn't been sued yet for fraud. NOBODY uses their scopes in LE/MIL. </div></div>

Because they have not stated, as fact, that the product is in use by any specific military organization.

All they state is that it's a military optic. "The World's Finest Military Optics" . . . it's just their opinion.

They built them to sell to "the military", "the military" didn't want the stuff, so, therefore, they're ALL government over-runs.

Just machinations of marketing lingo to sell something. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Sake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DONT DO IT!!! </div></div>
No I will not be purchasing that "thing", I have received corrective action from several members in regards to purchasing the never to be mentioned again so called "optic".

Since you already have a Razor HD, you already know what a good scope is. Vortex is a fantastic company, what about the PST 1-4 or 2.5-10?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSP446</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since you already have a Razor HD, you already know what a good scope is. Vortex is a fantastic company, what about the PST 1-4 or 2.5-10? </div></div>

I haven't received it yet, I'm still waiting. But from all the reviews and comments on here, I feel I will be well served by the Razor HD. This is my first high end optic, I'm pretty excited to see what it will be like in peron.

I think one of the lower power Vortex scopes will probably be what I end up going with for the AR

Counter Sniper is the shit. I'd reccommend it to anyone I don't know!!

Will someone who works for the government please file charges against Counter Sniper for theft of government property? That is the only way to make it stop.....

I know a member on another forum trying to argue with me and JFComfort (member here) that they are of some good. About two days later or that weekend he came back with apologies if it seemed like he was out of line when taking about these scopes because his broke just from shooting his rifle. To me I dont care what your argument is if its garbage and proven to be garbage its not good period!!!

Now if you want to be the person that bumped his head go for it buy 20 like one of the posts above me says HAHAHAHA !!!

Aron-

I wasn't gonna post these... the guy was nice enough and doesn't realize what he purchased, so I didn't say a word. I really didn't think I would ever come face to face with one though. 4-48x56

IMG_5864.jpg

IMG_5865.jpg

F'ing beautiful 338 Lapua Mag. though. The guy shot 10-15 shots or so and the C.S. wasn't broken when he finished up so I don't know... maybe they're the jimmy jam?
grin.gif
You should've heard the math going on when he was trying to figure out how many 1/8 MOA clicks to put in to get to 678 yds.

OK, i just lost a LOT Of respect for midway usa. i did a google after reading this thread, the several hundredth on this topic, just for the fun of it to learn more about countersnipers.

Now, i've bought my glass, i own a leupold mark 4 and i'm very happy. not thinking of purchasing anything, just for fun. one of the top ten links is a link to them for sale on midway's sight. wow.... i cant believe what i thought was a reputable dealer is offering such garbage for sale.

Have you seen the prices on these things?! seriously. worse, every one of them reviewed on midway has muliple 'positive' reviews. *shakes my head* boy, am i glad i found this forum when i was a noob. it just blows my mind people actually spend that much money on a peice of $### and dont even realize after the fact they got ripped off.

-Paulus

Now this stuff right here is HILARIOUS! this is taken from their OWN website, mind you:

"Borne of a decade of development for the sterile and untraceable optical rifle sighting requirements of Special Operations and clandestine warfare, CounterSniper Military Optical Gunsights Corp. manufactures a line of optical weapon sighting systems and visible and IR laser aiming systems from CQB to long range sniping and competition. "

I actually took the time to write em an email. I asked the question just which govt or mil or le agency uses their snipers? i also asked them for an NSN. I mean, if its a govt issue and purchased item, it should have an NSN....

I'm not expecting a response. it is fun to call liars, cheats and frauds out, though.

Cant F'ing stand this company or their fraudulent craptastic product.

Paulus

A coworker asked me if I knew much about the Bushnell Black Diamond series scopes. I didn't know anything about them so I showed him the Snipers Hide search engine so he could do some research.

Apparently he did not because a week or so later he came back talking about his new Counter Sniper. I about threw up but I didn't give away my opinion.

Then he told me he paid $750 for it. I almost threw up again! I still haven't given him my opinion.

He seemed real proud of the fact that he had a new $750 scope.

Some people learn the hard way I suppose.

It says right there on the scope, "Manufactured to specification for the government..."

Doesn't say what specification (I'll bet money that it's not MILSPEC), and it doesn't say the government buys them. They can make all the scopes they want for Uncle Sam just like movie stores can put out all the copies of "The Notebook" they want for "thoughtful and romantic boyfriends." The fact remains that neither of us are buying that feces.

Long story short, you probably can't get them on false advertising because they'll sea-lawyer you to death, and they have more money than you for lawyers because people continue to buy the hype.

Boudin:

If you ever run into that guy again...you probably should recommend that he goes in to see his doctor. They need to check his Bertrillium-Zantitium™ levels. This is a highly toxic mixture...that can cause nausea, diahhrea, black discharge and ultimately cranio-rectal syndrome. If he develops CR syndrome...it's all over...he'll be buying tacti-cool shit right and left with no control.

Please help this poor soul...Won't you
smile.gif

Wayne

TNT, i thought it was interesting they state specifically in their About Us page they make em for the elite Special Operations units. That seems pretty specific to me....

Paulus

Straight off the website - "What makes a CounterSniper™ Optic truly of value... put it in the hands of an American Warrior committed to liberty and let him annihilate those who would deny it to others...that value is priceless!"

Haha! Maybe its the bad guys selling this thing.

holy shit, 4-48?!?!?!

thats the ultimate magnification range.

wonder how much light it transmits at 48 power.

Anybody that sells these scopes or lets them advertise is not getting my money. It is amazing how much money a 3 minute internet search can save you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TNT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It says right there on the scope, <span style="color: #CC0000">"Manufactured to specification for the government..."</span>

Doesn't say what specification (I'll bet money that it's not MILSPEC), and it doesn't say the government buys them. They can make all the scopes they want for Uncle Sam just like movie stores can put out all the copies of "The Notebook" they want for "thoughtful and romantic boyfriends." The fact remains that neither of us are buying that feces.

Long story short, you probably can't get them on false advertising because they'll sea-lawyer you to death, and they have more money than you for lawyers because people continue to buy the hype. </div></div>

Does it say WHICH government????

Not only would I not put one on my mosin, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even put one on my double barrel shotgun.

Yeah but at the gun show the guy said they were "tactical"

How many times have we all heard that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paulus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TNT, i thought it was interesting they state specifically in their About Us page they make em for the elite Special Operations units. That seems pretty specific to me....

Paulus</div></div>

Special operations guys/gals? like this use them all the time.

airsoft-airsoft-demotivational-poster-1252035026.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for posting up our video.

Mike @ CST</div></div>

No problem Mike, it's too good not to post haha
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rotts4u</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah but at the gun show the guy said they were "tactical"

How many times have we all heard that?</div></div>

And how many times has anyone read it. The word tactical is the new word of the century!!!!!! EVERY piece of shit is tactical these days.

Oh and the government they are made for might be the terrorist governments
laugh.gif
Hell maybe even Osama Bin Laden probably had a shit load of them in his bunker I bet
laugh.gif

Aron-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boudin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_5864.jpg

IMG_5865.jpg
</div></div>

That poor rifle! That is a crime against nature to put that so called sniper scope on such a beautiful rifle.

Mike @ CST