• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Counter Sniper Scopes

DaveV

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2009
_
I'm up for Frank putting in an auto-lock feature that will lock a thread when the words "Counter Sniper" are typed in. Every time these come up, they wind up getting locked. The amusement has way run it's course
smirk.gif
However, these threads do give us an opportunity to read lots of big, blue letters
laugh.gif

Re: Counter Sniper Scopes

Yeah, I was going to suggest a ban for you until I read your post lol. I thought it was another counter sniper thread.

I may still get banned
laugh.gif

Ban Davey too please. His <span style="font-weight: bold">Dave V</span> attempt at a Jedi mind trick offends me. I know DAVEY when I see it. Whenever he posts, I hear that dern Monkeys song and know that he is humming it, with the DAVEY singer:

Here we come, walkin'
Down the street.
We get the funniest looks from
Ev'ry one we meet.
Hey, hey, we're the Monkees
And people say we monkey around.
But we're too busy singing
To put anybody down.

Some of you are probably too young.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ban Davey too please. His <span style="font-weight: bold">Dave V</span> attempt at a Jedi mind trick offends me. I know DAVEY when I see it. Whenever he posts, I hear that dern Monkeys song and know that he is humming it, with the DAVEY singer:

Here we come, walkin'
Down the street.
We get the funniest looks from
Ev'ry one we meet.
Hey, hey, we're the Monkees
And people say we monkey around.
But we're too busy singing
To put anybody down.

Some of you are probably too young. </div></div>

I saw Mickey and Davey at Billy Bob's a few years ago. I grew up watching that show, and a few others the youngun's won't.
Do I remember? You bet your bippy!

Jim

I'd never heard of "#$%*&^ !@#$%&" scopes till I came here. But once I did, and once I read their ad copy, I became thoroughly convinced anyone who'd purchase a !@#$%^ &*()@ scope should never, ever be allowed to own firearms.

Snakum. Those hobbies are top notch. Well done. Next time I am down there I would like to get a 40oz and sit passenger during rush hour....

Counter Sniper,Counter Sniper,Counter Sniper,Counter Sniper,Counter Sniper,Counter Sniper,Counter Sniper,Counter Sniper,Counter Sniper,Counter Sniper,Counter Sniper,Counter Sniper,Counter Sniper,Counter Sniper,Counter Sniper!
Sorry about that. Just had to get it out of my system before it's too late.

Re: Nothing to see

Well, damn guys - my brother is a fairly new member to the Hide. I was going to tell him to ask about Counter $niper scopes. It would be a great hazing.

There, fixed it to make your life better
laugh.gif

i still say, next person that asks, we all just talk it up. say its the best thats why the govt super secret forces use them, say buy two or three at the ultra low contract over run price, say that the national supply or bertrillium and zabbadoorillium were cornered by clever investors and the expected value should skyrocket making them highly collectible as well as sound investments for the future. and if they dont search and still but that turd, we just sit back and laugh to ourselves.

now thats funny

Guys, we all know that CounterSniper scopes are better than USO, S&B and Hensoldt combined, just ask Pete, he will tell you. So please stop pretending you guys dont like them because I know everyone dreams of owning that fine piece of optic one day.

8-32 56mm Titanium Avenger Optical Gunsight $5279

There is no emoticon available to describe my current facial expresion

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">here u go bud

disgust.jpg
</div></div>

That made my night lmfao

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Snakum. Those hobbies are top notch. Well done. Next time I am down there I would like to get a 40oz and sit passenger during rush hour.... </div></div>

You got it. Bragg Blvd at 4:30PM is prime time for smoking, spitting, yelling, and pointing.
grin.gif

No, no, no! Please, no CounterSniper scope ban!

How else would the clueless newbies know not to believe the advertising? And the mountains of abuse heaped on these scopes are some of the most creative writing on Sniper's Hide.

You might, though, modify the title of one of these threads to something like "CounterSniper Scopes are <span style="font-weight: bold">JUNK!</span>", and make it a sticky in the Optics forum, so we can just post a link to it when the next clueless newbie asks about them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, no, no! Please, no CounterSniper scope ban!

You might, though, modify the title of one of these threads to something like "CounterSniper Scopes are <span style="font-weight: bold">JUNK!</span>", and make it a sticky in the Optics forum, so we can just post a link to it when the next clueless newbie asks about them.
</div></div>

Or maybe a sticky titled...
Counter Sniper Scope Official testing and review.......?
smile.gif

Chppr i already did a review on them and its stickied in the Optics FAQs, great review to....that was back when the CS threads went the distance and no one held back
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeeGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, damn guys - my brother is a fairly new member to the Hide. I was going to tell him to ask about Counter $niper scopes. It would be a great hazing. </div></div>

Hi guys! I'm new here. My brother is an amazing shot, he shoots 10-shot 1-hole groups at 500 yards with his .22! His rifle shoots better because it has all this stuff hanging on it. At least that's what he tells me.

...take that, big brother
grin.gif

You missed one award.

uberdork_rhi-sm.jpg

And now back to your regularly scheduled Counter Sniper counter-sniping.

Let's go shooting, Mr. Sespe...

Lest anyone think different, Little Sespe is a good kid, even though it's his damn fault I got into this expensive activity. He's a kid to me but not to the men he leads. Truth to say, he probably can outshoot me slightly. I tend to shoot longer ranges, with optics, and he shoots closer in. He also does a lot of cowboy action, and damn, I can't hit ANYTHING with a pistol in my off hand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Through the scope pic of CounterSniper product:

Colonoscopy2.jpg
</div></div>

Wow, I gotta say, that is some nice prep right there. Vivid Entertainment should be using it as a highlight reel of sorts.

After 5 or so screenings I can't say mine have been unpleasant enough to achieve a result so cameraworthy. And no, my screenings weren't for entertainment, strictly medical.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">8-32 56mm Titanium Avenger Optical Gunsight $5279

There is no emoticon available to describe my current facial expresion </div></div>

But think how you would stand out at the range.

t2.jpg

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i still say, next person that asks, we all just talk it up. say its the best thats why the govt super secret forces use them, say buy two or three at the ultra low contract over run price, say that the national supply or bertrillium and zabbadoorillium were cornered by clever investors and the expected value should skyrocket making them highly collectible as well as sound investments for the future. and if they dont search and still but that turd, we just sit back and laugh to ourselves.

now thats funny </div></div>

I noticed one of these on top of the TC Warlord on the cover of Guns and Ammo several months ago. Funny thing was the pictures of them testing the gun showed a NF on top.

Hi to all, yes I'm new but a long time re-loader and shooter.

The thing I find interesting about all these comments is that only one that I read seemed to have any hands-on experience?

In Midway's review section about the Counter Sniper scopes, the 8-32 x56mm received [4] 5-star ratings from individuals and one 2 star rating. On the 6-25 x56 there are [3] 4-star so possibly you guys just happened to get a bad scope or started with a really low end one your doing your eval with?

Also one of the guys said he would place the clarity on par with his IOR Valdana and another fellow on a different form and a former sniper said he's got two of them and they equal his Night Force and S&B, if I remember his other high-end scope.

So there seems to be a considerable amount of discrepancy from what a lot of you are saying??

Everybody has their personal preferences and not everyone can afford or cares to expend $1,500.00 plus on a scope either.

Now I've also noticed that there are two different styles of the CS scopes, the D-Ops line has the rheostat in front of the elevation turret while the C-S models that Sportsma's Guide sells has it on the side of the eye piece and they also have good reviews, indeed the sniper's review is there, and SG offers 100% satisfaction guarantee too which I can personally attest too that they honor!

Your replies are of interest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-Snipe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi to all, yes I'm new but a long time re-loader and shooter.

The thing I find interesting about all these comments is that only one that I read seemed to have any hands-on experience?

In Midway's review section about the Counter Sniper scopes, the 8-32 x56mm received [4] 5-star ratings from individuals and one 2 star rating. On the 6-25 x56 there are [3] 4-star so possibly you guys just happened to get a bad scope or started with a really low end one your doing your eval with?

Also one of the guys said he would place the clarity on par with his IOR Valdana and another fellow on a different form and a former sniper said he's got two of them and they equal his Night Force and S&B, if I remember his other high-end scope.

So there seems to be a considerable amount of discrepancy from what a lot of you are saying??

Everybody has their personal preferences and not everyone can afford or cares to expend $1,500.00 plus on a scope either.

Now I've also noticed that there are two different styles of the CS scopes, the D-Ops line has the rheostat in front of the elevation turret while the C-S models that Sportsma's Guide sells has it on the side of the eye piece and they also have good reviews, indeed the sniper's review is there, and SG offers 100% satisfaction guarantee too which I can personally attest too that they honor!

</div></div>
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Respectfully, not everyone that purchases from Midway knows what a good scope is - they just buy the hype. And no real ex-sniper would say the CSS is a good scope. Ok, well it may have been a mall ninja sniper that made the positive comment. <span style="color: #FF0000">For hands on experience READ</span>. However, if you appreciate: (1) poor construction, (2) cheap plastic locking knobs on turrets not sitting flush, (3) loose magnification rings, (4) unevenly placed mildots, (5) hazy reticules at higher magnifications, and (5) poor box test results then it may work on an Airsoft...

Is this a bait and switch...........start out with a topic like this, then its a thread about banning said name, then this.............dammit to hell. This thread is freakin bi-polar.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-Snipe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi to all, yes I'm new but a long time re-loader and shooter.

</div></div>

</div></div>

Dude, anyone can post that stuff on Midway, its probably the sweatshop kids in China that make them for CS commenting so they have a little job security.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">People can lie with th reviews. </div></div>

hey T-Snipe, please take note of this young man's signature, I've said it before, need I say it again?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeeGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, damn guys - my brother is a fairly new member to the Hide. I was going to tell him to ask about Counter $niper scopes. It would be a great hazing. </div></div>

Nah. Just have him change his Screen Name to CounterSniper that would be a good Hazing...

Any chance you support the Arizona boycott?????

</div></div>

OK! From now on, every time I take my Savage M340 chambered in .30 WCF with it's CS Scope and shoot my 1 shot 1 hole group I'll be thinking about you naysayers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">People can lie with the reviews. </div></div>

+1. I don't know how Midway does it, but I have ordered from another large online company, and a week or so after I recieved my order, they sent me an email saying I'd been selected to write a review on the product I'd purchased.
They also said if my review was "selected for publication" they would send me a coupon code for 10% off my next purchase.
The item I purchased was a 5.11 Tactical rifle case, which I really am very happy with. I had also purchased the same case a couple years ago for another rifle, so I feel I can speak as far as it's durability, so I reviewed it honestly and got the 10% off code.
I'm not sure what the selection criteria for publication is, but some customers may be swayed to write a favorable review for an undeserving product, when offered an "inscentive".
Aside from that, if the item I had purchased was a scope, one week is barely enough time to mount it, much less put it through it's paces and do any kind of real evaluation.
Again, I'm not saying that Midway uses this method of soliciting reviews, but some companies do, and for that reason, I'd be careful about basing my decision on a customer review unless I know the author knows what they are talking about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AverageJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeeGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, damn guys - my brother is a fairly new member to the Hide. I was going to tell him to ask about Counter $niper scopes. It would be a great hazing. </div></div>

Nah. Just have him change his Screen Name to CounterSniper that would be a good Hazing... </div></div>

The old B@$%tad said that would be a good name... (I'm the brother)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sespe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AverageJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeeGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, damn guys - my brother is a fairly new member to the Hide. I was going to tell him to ask about Counter $niper scopes. It would be a great hazing. </div></div>

Nah. Just have him change his Screen Name to CounterSniper that would be a good Hazing... </div></div>

The old B@$%tad said that would be a good name... (I'm the brother) </div></div>

LMFAO!!! Well at least you know that the wheels on the bus are also meant for you. Watch your back...

</div></div>

Please tell me this is a troll and no one is really this stupid.

How come CS hasn't been sued into the ground yet with their obviously false claims of military use and "contract overruns"? DOD contracts are public information and anyone can easily prove in a court of law that they are full of shit.

Anyone can google "Bertrillium Zantitium" and prove that they are talking jibberish and are not referring to any existing metals or elements.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-Snipe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi to all, yes I'm new but a long time re-loader and shooter.

</div></div>

Please tell me this is a troll and no one is really this stupid.

How come CS hasn't been sued into the ground yet with their obviously false claims of military use and "contract overruns"? DOD contracts are public information and anyone can easily prove in a court of law that they are full of shit.

Anyone can google "Bertrillium Zantitium" and prove that they are talking jibberish and are not referring to any existing metals or elements. </div></div>

They haven't been sued because their Corporate Status is "International" which means they have an offshore captive that they operate under. They may have a US office but they are most likely a DBA or LLC that is owned offshore. This would mean that a US judgment would be worth about the paper its written on and the money u spent getting it.

Only thing anyone could really do is have their US offices shut down but they are pretty much a mail order company and most orders either ship from overseas or are initiated from overseas so that will only slow them down a little.

Additionally, their claims of Patented Gases are true. They can patent anything they want it doesn't mean it does a damn thing. Kind of like the Thigh Master. It was patented and "Meant to be used" for your thighs when in all reality all its good for is taking up shelf space on my wife's side in my damn bedroom closet. It's a marketing ploy and many many stupid people fall for it...

They can mark Government on anything they want as long as they don't "Quote" as that would be a lie... Kind of like your kids toys that say Gamma Death Ray in big letters on the side...